Home

MLB The Show 24 Camera Conversation (What Do You Use?)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Camera Conversation (What Do You Use?) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2024, 08:23 AM   #1
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

OVR: 1
MLB The Show 24 Camera Conversation (What Do You Use?)

This thread is dedicated for conversation about user preferences with cameras. Hitting, pitching even fielding cameras. Why we choose the ones we use, what they help or hurt with. Any cameras added or removed this year etc. I’ve always believed the use of cameras plays a significant role in the overall performance of the game and user experience so let’s hear yours!

Last edited by MannybeingManny; 03-18-2024 at 08:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2024, 08:32 AM   #2
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

Re: The Show Camera Conversation

Hitting: Catcher camera. I had used retro since at least 2019 before switching back to catcher in 23 which significantly improved my overall performance offensively. It helped me read pitches better especially with pitches inside of the plate. I was able to pull the ball much more. It helps/ hurts my strikeout rate however which is actually a good thing because I have always been at the top of the league in least strikeouts.

Pitching & Fielding: Broadcast. Pitched from the same camera I hit from since 2006. Not sure why I did that but I just always did. Broadcast with completely clean screen no vibration has added the extra challenge I’ve been trying to achieve for years with pitching in this series. As far as fielding I use auto everything so it’s just a matter of what presentation I want. I used medium view for years and years and if I was to go back to manual fielding I may go back to medium view for fielding as I just felt like it helped with my reaction to balls in play.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:22 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Like the thread idea!

Hitting: Strike Zone 3. I know, I know it has those two dreaded words in it, but it's more like a slightly zoomed-in Fisheye if you've never used it. Still gives a nice aesthetic view of the field while allowing me to judge the ball's location and height well. Been in love this this camera since it was introduced many years ago.

In Play Offense: Dynamic. And this is the other reason I like Strike Zone 3 - it transitions very nicely into this camera without cutting away. It's a sort-of-fixed perspective from behind home plate, panning to track the ball during its flight. It's really good for helping me judge where the ball will land and if I'm safe to move runners. Plus it just looks beautiful.

Have to split pitching/fielding into Online and Offline preferences:

Pitching Offline: Broadcast. I probably don't need to explain this one. Will just add that the unique angles for every stadium really add a lot to the presentation.

Fielding Offline: Dynamic. While this dynamic camera cuts away (sort of has to since it's switching perspectives), it gives a nice-looking view of the area of the field in play. Camera range is wide enough to see everything I need to when playing CPU.

Pitching Online: Catcher (or any behind-the-plate camera, really). Yeah, that's right, I pitch from behind the plate online. It's mostly so I I'm able to watch the runners for any potential cheese and so I don't get disoriented from the perspective switching.

Fielding Online: Usually High. Again, it's function over form here - as pretty as Dynamic can be, it leaves some blind spots that can be exploited by unrealistic baserunning. It also gives more consistent lines when fielding the ball.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:29 AM   #4
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Like the thread idea!

Hitting: Strike Zone 3. I know, I know it has those two dreaded words in it, but it's more like a slightly zoomed-in Fisheye if you've never used it. Still gives a nice aesthetic view of the field while allowing me to judge the ball's location and height well. Been in love this this camera since it was introduced many years ago.

In Play Offense: Dynamic. And this is the other reason I like Strike Zone 3 - it transitions very nicely into this camera without cutting away. It's a sort-of-fixed perspective from behind home plate, panning to track the ball during its flight. It's really good for helping me judge where the ball will land and if I'm safe to move runners. Plus it just looks beautiful.

Have to split pitching/fielding into Online and Offline preferences:

Pitching Offline: Broadcast. I probably don't need to explain this one. Will just add that the unique angles for every stadium really add a lot to the presentation.

Fielding Offline: Dynamic. While this dynamic camera cuts away (sort of has to since it's switching perspectives), it gives a nice-looking view of the area of the field in play. Camera range is wide enough to see everything I need to when playing CPU.

Pitching Online: Catcher (or any behind-the-plate camera, really). Yeah, that's right, I pitch from behind the plate online. It's mostly so I I'm able to watch the runners for any potential cheese and so I don't get disoriented from the perspective switching.

Fielding Online: Usually High. Again, it's function over form here - as pretty as Dynamic can be, it leaves some blind spots that can be exploited by unrealistic baserunning. It also gives more consistent lines when fielding the ball.
Strike zone three is a great camera. Yes it’s a “strike zone “ view but not nearly as zoomed in as the others. I like the presentation of it.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:31 AM   #5
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Pitching - Pitcher Center.

Batting - First inning to middle of fifth - Fisheye 1.
Batting - Middle of fifth to end of game - Fisheye 2.
I only change it up just for the variety.

Fielding and ball-in-play offense - Dynamic.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2024, 09:36 AM   #6
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Batting = Wide

Pitching = Fish Eye (I prefer fish eye so i can see the whole stadium and backdrop view. There are some beautiful skies/skylines and various things that you miss when you pitch from behind the pitcher.

Fielding = Dynamic. The camera transition from behind the catcher to the ball in play using dynamic is as GOOD as it gets.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:41 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Batting/Pitching: Retro
Fielding: Medium

I'm so used to both batting and pitching from behind the plate, I don't think I could it do any other way. I've used Retro since it was introduced.

I may give Dynamic a look for fielding this year, but I've used Medium forever.
Old 03-18-2024, 02:43 PM   #8
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
Batting = Wide

Pitching = Fish Eye (I prefer fish eye so i can see the whole stadium and backdrop view. There are some beautiful skies/skylines and various things that you miss when you pitch from behind the pitcher.

Fielding = Dynamic. The camera transition from behind the catcher to the ball in play using dynamic is as GOOD as it gets.
Wide is also a fantastic camera. Very similar to retro .

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »