Home

Official 2024 Uniform Errors and Omissions:

This is a discussion on Official 2024 Uniform Errors and Omissions: within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2024, 07:41 PM   #49
Rookie

catfish9-5's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
How is it in real life, I can’t remember?

Me either, but in my time baseball, all sleeve patches were strictly place on uniforms the same. Edit: After checking google, they are placed on different sleeves based on bat side and throwing arms. Stratigic move to get best views on TV. Guess I should have check there before wasting y’all’s time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by catfish9-5; 03-19-2024 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:45 PM   #50
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official 2024 Uniform Errors and Omissions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
It’s on whatever sleeve that faces the camera when batting IRL. So if they bat right then the patch is on the left sleeve.

Oh ok, so it’s correct in game then.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:45 PM   #51
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish9-5
Me either, but in my time baseball, all sleeve patches were strictly place on uniforms the same. That’s how I noticed it.

I guess I’ve done a good job tuning out the ad patches lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2024, 07:56 PM   #52
Rookie

metovics8's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Yes. I made an edit to my prior post. I used the current home cap, because I like the gloss helmet and mixed it with the 2023 road uniform, because I don’t like the new ones, and the numbers weren’t there. When I used the home hat with the current uniforms, they were indeed on there. So it’s something to do with mixing a current hat with an older uniform set. They actually don’t show up for any team if you use a current cap with an older jersey.
Ok nice I like to do the same with the dodgers so glad to know that still works, appreciate it!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2024, 08:21 PM   #53
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

So the DBacks Black jersey is being worn with black undershirt/sleeves in ST, The Show 24 has it with red.

I’m assuming this is how they’ll wear it in the regular season so I’ll add it to the list but I’ll double check when it’s worn in season.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:29 PM   #54
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
So the DBacks Black jersey is being worn with black undershirt/sleeves in ST, The Show 24 has it with red.

I’m assuming this is how they’ll wear it in the regular season so I’ll add it to the list but I’ll double check when it’s worn in season.

I’m looking back at the uni reveal from months ago.

Cream is worn with black sleeves if worn with black cap; looking at picture day this year, red sleeves are worn with red cap.

Grey jersey worn with black sleeves, The Show 24 has it with red sleeves

Red jersey I think is worn with red sleeves/undershirt, couldn’t tell, The Show has it with black sleeves

Black jersey worn with black sleeves, not red

So I’ll assume The Show has it wrong and add it to list, when everything is worn IRL I can remove the errors if necessary.

IMG_9450.JPG

Last edited by Bartolo Colon; 03-19-2024 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 11:22 PM   #55
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kccitystar
Except that the home white doesn't exist. The 1980 Astros season had the team wear the rainbow sets exclusively at home. Those are the 1980 Home unis that made it to the game.

They didn't wear the raglan sleeve rainbow unis at home until 1982 until 1986, but I'd like to think the art team at SDS will in some cases go for a consensus with the amount of variants in uniforms for certain teams, like Houston for example.

I don’t know what you’re trying to say. They had the white rainbow shoulder unis from 86-93. Those are the ones I want in the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2024, 02:49 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
I don’t know what you’re trying to say. They had the white rainbow shoulder unis from 86-93. Those are the ones I want in the game.

This 86-93 rainbow shoulder stripe uniforms you're talking about already exists as Road 1980, which is historically accurate (they debuted as a road uniform), but what it sounds like you're asking for is to have SDS recolor the cream variant to white and add it as Home 1986 with that being the only change. Just my own opinion, it would be a waste of a uniform slot given that the cream uniform is already a compromise to what should have been a pale grey uniform.

The reason why there's this color discrepancy with those uniforms in the first place is because throughout the 80s, Houston worked with four manufacturers to make their jerseys (Sand-Knit, Goodman & Sons, Rawlings, and ultimately Russell) and there was a lot of variance between white/cream/grey. Because of this, even though Houston had a default Home and Road set, the Road uniforms would pass as a Home alt on occasion before the manufacturing quality was consistent enough to make it the official "home jersey" for the 1986 season and making the "Rainbow" unis the home alt.

The cream/off-white version of this uniform featured in the game was probably an intentional compromise by SDS to address the manufacturer inconsistency and Houston's uniform set constantly changing through the 80s.

Last edited by Kccitystar; 03-20-2024 at 07:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »