Home

Official 2024 Uniform Errors and Omissions:

This is a discussion on Official 2024 Uniform Errors and Omissions: within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2024, 08:52 PM   #281
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Official 2024 Uniform Errors and Omissions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
I mean this not to sound like jerky at all, but I think the whole idea of city connects is they are SUPPOSED to look different from the team's normal uniforms. That's why so many of them are a complete departure from the team's normal uniforms. That's the fun of it.
That is the idea of them. I just think having a uniform that makes your team unrecognizable is a dumb idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguna_bob
[*]Padres' Road and Alternate Road unis should be swapped (Road should be the sand pinstripes and Alternate Road should be the brown jersey)[/list]
It seems weird, but I think the game has it right. The tan jerseys are considered their "alternates". If you go to the team store, tan jersey is always preferred to as "alternate". Brown is referred to as "alternate", "road", or "away". I don't know why they refer to them as such, since they wear tan more often.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2024, 10:34 PM   #282
Rookie

laguna_bob's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
It seems weird, but I think the game has it right. The tan jerseys are considered their "alternates". If you go to the team store, tan jersey is always preferred to as "alternate". Brown is referred to as "alternate", "road", or "away". I don't know why they refer to them as such, since they wear tan more often.
Are you sure the brown is still considered the main road uniform? Even the one Wikipedia has updated and lists the brown as the alt, which in years prior was the other way around. I also remember hearing that they switched them around from someone else starting this year, but unfortunately I can't find a pic of the Padres' MLB Style Guide from this year to confirm it

MLB-NLW-SD-Uniforms.png
Old 05-06-2024, 11:13 AM   #283
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I'm not sure anyone hates uniforms more than Paul Lukas.

Lol I can’t unsee this. I’ve been paying attention to that and you’re right, I think he hates every uniform in all of sports except like 5 of them.
Old 05-06-2024, 12:20 PM   #284
Rookie

BenTheRosterGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguna_bob
Are you sure the brown is still considered the main road uniform? Even the one Wikipedia has updated and lists the brown as the alt, which in years prior was the other way around. I also remember hearing that they switched them around from someone else starting this year, but unfortunately I can't find a pic of the Padres' MLB Style Guide from this year to confirm it

Attachment 211640
I thought teams weren’t allowed to have more than 5 uniforms anymore?
Old 05-06-2024, 02:08 PM   #285
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTheRosterGuy
I thought teams weren’t allowed to have more than 5 uniforms anymore?

Nike allowed the Padres to have 5 to accommodate both Camo jerseys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2024, 03:01 PM   #286
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
Nike allowed the Padres to have 5 to accommodate both Camo jerseys.

Special exception for the troops. Everyone should dedicate a uniform combo to the armed forces just to get extra variety.
Old 05-06-2024, 03:55 PM   #287
Rookie

ataranto2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
Lol I can’t unsee this. I’ve been paying attention to that and you’re right, I think he hates every uniform in all of sports except like 5 of them.

If it were up to him all teams would only wear wool white and grey uniforms. He’s a great journalist, but it’s absolutely miserable to listen to his takes on new uniforms, he hates everything. Which is funny that he complains about all these new uniforms when he wouldn’t have anything to write about on uniwatch if these didn’t exist and everyone wore the same two uniforms all the time. Thankfully he’s retiring and someone more open minded will be doing the posts on the site.
Old 05-06-2024, 04:10 PM   #288
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataranto2
If it were up to him all teams would only wear wool white and grey uniforms. He’s a great journalist, but it’s absolutely miserable to listen to his takes on new uniforms, he hates everything. Which is funny that he complains about all these new uniforms when he wouldn’t have anything to write about on uniwatch if these didn’t exist and everyone wore the same two uniforms all the time. Thankfully he’s retiring and someone more open minded will be doing the posts on the site.
I can say as a Yankees fan, I am glad they stick to tradition with their uniforms. But, going through a whole season on this game with only white and gray gets incredibly boring.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »