Home

Revisiting a 23 Wishlist with Odds for 24

This is a discussion on Revisiting a 23 Wishlist with Odds for 24 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-26-2024, 05:22 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Revisiting a 23 Wishlist with Odds for 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
It has been done in a MLB game. All Star Baseball had it at one time. Now they didn't have the minors I don't think, but there could be a way. I remember when we were told that we'll never see a create a stadium feature in baseball because "baseball stadium present a larger challenge" and yet now we have the best one out there.

Not saying it is easy but if they wanted to figure it out, they could.
Yes All Star Baseball had it and back then scheduling was different than it is nowadays. And as you mentioned ASB didn't have minor league affiliates, so again we're not comparing apples to apples.

Comments like "if they wanted to figure it out, they could" makes it seem as though they should be able to put it together in a snap. How do we know they aren't working on it, but don't share that information because they can't promise a delivery date, or even a guarantee it will happen? Its what they did with stadium creator. They were working on it while not sharing anything about it until they were ready to unveil it.

And one last thing to consider, SDS doesn't have 100% free reign or final say in what goes into the game. They have to get approval from the MLB. Its why you won't see charging the mound, bench clearing brawls, suspensions, etc...

Not saying that MLB is opposed to expansion within the game, but its something else to consider, along with the technical hurdles of creating such a feature, as opposed to thought that they could do if they wanted, they just don't want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 01-26-2024 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:39 PM   #10
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
I was thinking the same thing, like it could be done. But MLB is not like other leagues when it comes to scheduling. The overhaul that would have to occur seems like it would be huge when it comes to trying to incorporate expansion.
I’m obviously not a game developer, so I don’t know what can and can’t be done. But expansion seems like it would be a huge undertaking. I would personally rather them put their resources into other areas of the game, even if it could be done. There’s always the possibility that it messes scheduling up somewhere down the line to the point that it can’t be fixed during that years game. I’m sure if it’s something that can be done, and it’s something that would be worth the time and effort we will have it eventually.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 01-26-2024, 07:42 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can we at least get the option to change the season length again? It's also been in NBA for years and EA even added it in NHL 23, yet it went missing in the show after 17. It would make the show a day one purchase for me again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2024, 11:07 AM   #12
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

A lot of what the OG poster said is great and needed.

What is more realistic is them saying.

We added a lot more animations.

Another round of the negro league storylines

And some very small addition to franchise mode

The truth is they do not care about franchise mode as much as the other modes. Now the fans who claim they can do not wrong will say this is not true. But it is 1000% true. More people play diamond dynasty, they make more money off diamond dynasty, and diamond dynasty is what some of the biggest streamers who play the game are playing.

You will not see them have to push franchise to the limit or to come close to matching NBA2K franchise level until another game forces them to do so. Best thing we could hope for is that EA revives MVP and forces them to do better.

None of this stops me from buying the product which i guess makes me part of the problem. No need to urgently change things if sales do not drop.
Old 01-28-2024, 12:12 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne

The truth is they do not care about franchise mode as much as the other modes. Now the fans who claim they can do not wrong will say this is not true. But it is 1000% true. More people play diamond dynasty, they make more money off diamond dynasty, and diamond dynasty is what some of the biggest streamers who play the game are playing.

You will not see them have to push franchise to the limit or to come close to matching NBA2K franchise level until another game forces them to do so. Best thing we could hope for is that EA revives MVP and forces them to do better.

None of this stops me from buying the product which i guess makes me part of the problem. No need to urgently change things if sales do not drop.
As someone who was lucky enough to be part of a discussion group that got to speak directly with the source(developers), I can tell you that the bolded part is 1000% not true.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 01-28-2024 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-28-2024, 12:28 PM   #14
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne

1. Newly released games go thru growing pains. The Show is an example of that. We can complain about franchise mode (knowing that DD gets a ton more attention). But I don’t believe EA would put out a game in the first year that would compare to this one. If it was centered only around franchise mode then maybe some would move to the game and STILL want everything that they couldn’t code into the launch of the game. There are so many moving parts.

2. Gamers who are unhappy with franchise (and I only play franchise) should step up and not buy the game this release. Will these non-purchases affect the bottom line? Will it force them to move away from the money maker? They sprung the stadium creator on us surprisingly. And they did a pretty good job with it, above expectations. We had zero idea they were even working on it. We complained for years and…..bingo….they listened.

I’m chomping at the bits for release day. Christmas in march.

We better hope they don’t roll franchise into MTO, then what? Yikes.

Peace.
Old 01-28-2024, 12:59 PM   #15
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
1. Newly released games go thru growing pains. The Show is an example of that. We can complain about franchise mode (knowing that DD gets a ton more attention). But I don’t believe EA would put out a game in the first year that would compare to this one. If it was centered only around franchise mode then maybe some would move to the game and STILL want everything that they couldn’t code into the launch of the game. There are so many moving parts.

2. Gamers who are unhappy with franchise (and I only play franchise) should step up and not buy the game this release. Will these non-purchases affect the bottom line? Will it force them to move away from the money maker? They sprung the stadium creator on us surprisingly. And they did a pretty good job with it, above expectations. We had zero idea they were even working on it. We complained for years and…..bingo….they listened.

I’m chomping at the bits for release day. Christmas in march.

We better hope they don’t roll franchise into MTO, then what? Yikes.

Peace.
For sure it would take EA a few cycles to get it up to snuff for sure

As for the last part that is my worst nightmare. If they did that it would be the first time I am forced to stay with an older version. Let's hope that never happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2024, 01:00 PM   #16
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
As someone who was lucky enough to be part of a discussion group that got to speak directly with the source(developers), I can tell you that the bolded part is 1000% not true.
That is good to know and I would be thrilled to see Franchise get a continued boost this season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »