Home

Who will be your ‘23 Franchise Team?

This is a discussion on Who will be your ‘23 Franchise Team? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-20-2023, 08:37 PM   #33
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Who will be your ‘23 Franchise Team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Marlins would be fun, and definitely have to play 41 home games in Old Miami Stadium. but as for New Miami Park, it is better now that they got rid of Marjory the Trash Heap in the centerfield stands lol
Miami is definitely one of my top choices for 23. And I really like playing games in their new park.

Sent from my thoughts
Old 02-21-2023, 09:59 AM   #34
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Love this thread every year

I will be repeating my yearly tradition of franchise play again

I do 30 team control, set all the lineups and edit all equipment before the season starts.

Every calendar day of season I do the following 3 things:
1. Player lock - pick one MLB star (position player or pitcher)
2. MLB Game - I pick one game on the MLB schedule that day and play. Usually a division matchup or good pitching matchup)
3. Mets game - I play all 162 with the Mets

I have a spreadsheet that I track what player I player lock with and what MLB game I play (as well as Mets games) and I track the outcomes

This allows me to play all 162 with the Mets as well as enjoy playing with the other teams and players

This past year I waited until May to start because of updated rosters but this year I plan on jumping in day 1 (depending on who is missing on the default/day 1 updated rosters)

I was however considering mixing it up and playing just 1 out of every 5 games with the Mets.
I haven't done a full on rebuild with a team and I think it could be fun to continue the 2023 franchise file into a rebuild that following offseason. And playing all 162 with the Mets and 180 with MLB takes a good amount of time throughout the year.

So I'll ask, for those who do a rebuild but actually play the games, what is your play/sim strategy?
Old 02-21-2023, 10:09 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Love this thread every year

I will be repeating my yearly tradition of franchise play again

I do 30 team control, set all the lineups and edit all equipment before the season starts.

Every calendar day of season I do the following 3 things:
1. Player lock - pick one MLB star (position player or pitcher)
2. MLB Game - I pick one game on the MLB schedule that day and play. Usually a division matchup or good pitching matchup)
3. Mets game - I play all 162 with the Mets

I have a spreadsheet that I track what player I player lock with and what MLB game I play (as well as Mets games) and I track the outcomes

This allows me to play all 162 with the Mets as well as enjoy playing with the other teams and players

This past year I waited until May to start because of updated rosters but this year I plan on jumping in day 1 (depending on who is missing on the default/day 1 updated rosters)

I was however considering mixing it up and playing just 1 out of every 5 games with the Mets.
I haven't done a full on rebuild with a team and I think it could be fun to continue the 2023 franchise file into a rebuild that following offseason. And playing all 162 with the Mets and 180 with MLB takes a good amount of time throughout the year.

So I'll ask, for those who do a rebuild but actually play the games, what is your play/sim strategy?
with the Orioles and Braves, play every inning every game.
other seasons, I do something a little different with each.
one will be play a season with quick counts on
another season will be play 1, sim 2 (play 54, sim 108)
another will be pitch only, sim batting ( I usually try to do this with Colorado)
another will be bat only, sim pitching

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2023, 10:20 AM   #36
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

OVR: 0

I will choose my lowly Pirates. Try to do all the things Nutting should do, but is too cheap and greedy to do it.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:00 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
probably also a minor league season controlling
only Double A White Sox affiliate Birmingham Barons
This is an underrated fun way to play. I’ve often done this with my local team. Set all roster management to auto and deal with the players the AI gives you.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:09 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CgyFlames
This is an underrated fun way to play. I’ve often done this with my local team. Set all roster management to auto and deal with the players the AI gives you.
it is, and it never even occurred to me to do this, then last year I saw someone else here at OS post thats what they do, so last year, with the Barons being my childhood team, I ran with that idea too. soo much fun

A Work in Progress
Old 02-21-2023, 01:53 PM   #39
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

Well, after messing with the tech test, I am not moving on to MLB23 so this is a what I am planning on doing in 2023 when it comes to baseball gaming.

I have decided after fiddling around with it and some settings, to start a new franchise project in MLB22. Likely a new futures franchise but this time simming 20 years into the future using my base 22 edited roster then seeing what the future holds. Current rosters are so bleh to me. With the Guardians of course.

I had initially planned to continue another year of my franchise on 20 but as great as 20 is, it is starting to not feel the same to me. Hard to explain but it's not the same feeling I get when I played it a year ago. It's still one of the best baseball games out there but I just can't see myself continuing my franchise on it. I accomplished all I wanted to.

I will likely continue my RTTS character on 20 though.

That is my '23 plan.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 02-21-2023, 02:01 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Well, after messing with the tech test, I am not moving on to MLB23 so this is a what I am planning on doing in 2023 when it comes to baseball gaming.

I have decided after fiddling around with it and some settings, to start a new franchise project in MLB22. Likely a new futures franchise but this time simming 20 years into the future using my base 22 edited roster then seeing what the future holds. Current rosters are so bleh to me. With the Guardians of course.

I had initially planned to continue another year of my franchise on 20 but as great as 20 is, it is starting to not feel the same to me. Hard to explain but it's not the same feeling I get when I played it a year ago. It's still one of the best baseball games out there but I just can't see myself continuing my franchise on it. I accomplished all I wanted to.

I will likely continue my RTTS character on 20 though.

That is my '23 plan.
thats still an excellent plan, maybe even wait until it hits the $20 price range, then move on.
thats what I do with Madden & NBA2k, andget everybit my money worth

anyways, yer old buddy the Show will always be waiting and ready for the call to be put in and play, when you are ready lol

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »