Home

What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it?

This is a discussion on What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-25-2023, 10:37 AM   #377
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
It’s been said many times by many people but bullpen logic definitely needs to be changed.

I was just finishing up a MTO run (i won the WS with my Blue Jays thank you) and in game 7 with the game on the line and me leading 2-0 the Dodgers left Tyler Anderson in the game for the final 3 innings even though I eventually went up 5-1. The Dodgers never even tried to play the matchups.

They left their best relievers sitting with the World Series on the line.( didn’t even get them up the warm up)

Inexcusable in my opinion.

Needs to be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I say this with no shade whatsoever, but if this improved feature is needed literally to purchase '23, then there wasn't a need to buy any iteration of this title.

The Show's bullpen strategy in my opinion has always been the equivalent to Madden's horrific clock management; inexcusable, and it being 2023, should be so lockdown solid that it's almost eerie how good the strategy is. So good let's say that real managers would study The Show's logic to improve their strategic decisions (dream on).

In essence, THIS is what is needed to purchase this title, in theory, as I take this question as hypothetical instead of literal. Yes, next gen. graphics with more realistic animation should be expected; however, the nuances of gameplay should be priority...the under-the-hood excellence that makes the title an every year no-brainer purchase, as it always has. But to make an excellent title even better, this is it.
Old 02-25-2023, 11:20 AM   #378
Rookie

OVR: 0

Rtts show mode revamped

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2023, 02:13 PM   #379
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Season mode..

Failing that, why are you still not able to reduce the number of games in franchise??

NBA/NHL has this option and they only play half the amount of games anyway...makes zero sense....
Old 02-25-2023, 02:21 PM   #380
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
It’s been said many times by many people but bullpen logic definitely needs to be changed.

I was just finishing up a MTO run (i won the WS with my Blue Jays thank you) and in game 7 with the game on the line and me leading 2-0 the Dodgers left Tyler Anderson in the game for the final 3 innings even though I eventually went up 5-1. The Dodgers never even tried to play the matchups.

They left their best relievers sitting with the World Series on the line.( didn’t even get them up the warm up)

Inexcusable in my opinion.

Needs to be fixed.

I should clarify Anderson did not start the game. Urias started and pitched into the 6th. Anderson was brought in during the 6th and finished the game.

NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 02-25-2023, 11:16 PM   #381
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Season mode..

Failing that, why are you still not able to reduce the number of games in franchise??

NBA/NHL has this option and they only play half the amount of games anyway...makes zero sense....
if the nba2k, NHL, and the Show were made by the same development team, then it wouldn't make sense.
but they aren't and it does lol

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2023, 12:17 AM   #382
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

My hopes are simple no batting helmet just soft cap like the Negro League.
This would end the oversized Mushroom batting helmets.
A deal breaker for me is audio names 2021 had a great selection if 2023 doesn't reach that level I might have to pass.

Too much time involved building Rosters without y2y and insufficient name list

Sent from my SM-S901U using Operation Sports mobile app

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran
Old 02-26-2023, 04:25 AM   #383
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
My hopes are simple no batting helmet just soft cap like the Negro League.
This would end the oversized Mushroom batting helmets.
A deal breaker for me is audio names 2021 had a great selection if 2023 doesn't reach that level I might have to pass.

Too much time involved building Rosters without y2y and insufficient name list

Sent from my SM-S901U using Operation Sports mobile app
2021 - 5030 names
2022 - 1552 names
2023 - ???

Hopefully SDS will be adding back a lot of the missing names. Otherwise, I will be using MLB 21 for franchise.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-26-2023, 02:26 PM   #384
Rookie

Franchise:

-Velocity and Control attributes can't be locked for a player's entire career
-You need to be able to stretch relievers into starters and vice versa. Stamina is another attribute that barely moves over the course of a player's career
-Simming each day should NOT restart the same radio show with the same jingle. It's torture at this point.
-Scouting needs a tremendous UI overhaul, and needs a lot more depth.
-Drafts need to have significantly more depth. Even if you scout players everyday, you run out of notable players after two rounds. Also, it is incredibly rare to find more than one player to have star potential unless they are a closer.
-You can't have the bulk of generated players be ranked 50 and only increase by 3 overal each year, even if they have A Potential
-There needs to be more variability in progression/regression curves. Players like Tatis ALWAYS lose several attribute points entering their late 20s, regardless of performance. The league can't be full of useless stars making $31M when they've been benched for the last 3 years because they've declined so sharply.
-Free Agency negotiations need to get a lot more interesting than they currently are. Max contract amounts need to increase by A LOT so it's not just every team offering $31M.
-Resigning your own players has been torture for more than a decade now. There needs to be a way to automatically renew contracts of your prospects at the very least instead of having to manually tender each one.
-There needs to be more player input in how your players develop. Half of the training options are completely cosmetic (aka velocity, stamina, control, etc.). I'm still not convinced that coaches make any difference to attribute progression.

Gameplay:

Pitching needs a massive overhaul. To each their own, but I've been skipping pitching for years now because it's so damn tedious, boring, and easy.

AI:

The AI never runs out of bullpen depth because they just bring in the same long reliever or starter to pitch 3 innings on consecutive games. Bullpen logic this egregious should not be the default slider out of the box.

Last edited by KGIY94; 02-26-2023 at 02:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »