Home

What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it?

This is a discussion on What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-27-2022, 02:19 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What do you need added to mlb23 to purchase it?

I would like them to completely remove the phony loadout system in Road to the Show. I would also like it if you could work on whatever skills you want to, whenever you want to...with no caps. In other words, return the RTTS player progression system to what it was 6 or 7 years ago. It was so much more fun before archetypes and loadouts came into the picture. The last thing would be to give you the option to completely disconnect RTTS from Diamond Dynasty.
Old 09-27-2022, 03:27 PM   #18
Rookie

I'm in a similar situation as the person who posted this thread, I'm in my late 30s and I stick with playing Franchise mode. I've really enjoyed '22 so far and the only complaints I have are due to the MLB rules changes taking place after the game was already released. I'm sure next season '23 will include the new playoff format as well as the "Ohtani Rule" (I always play as the Angels so I'm really excited for that rule to be included). I plan on purchasing '23 so these suggestions wouldn't make or break for me, but it would still be great to see them included. Most of these are related to Franchise mode.

- Larger minor league inclusion. Maybe with minor league players joining the MLBPA there is a better chance of more players being included. I love that these games include AAA and AA teams but it'd be cool to see the inclusion of one or two Class A teams for each organization.

- The ability to import players from a saved roster to your current saved Franchise. It's a guarantee that a lot of minor league players are not in the game when I start my Franchise, but throughout the year dozens of players eventually get included to the live roster. It would be great to be able to import a player into a saved Franchise. NBA 2K allows this and it is extremely helpful when playing their Franchise mode.

- To piggyback on the previous suggestion, when importing a player from one roster to another, I'd like to be able to do so without having to replace a player. Before I begin my Franchise, I will go through Ridin Roster's roster save and import minor league players from the Angels organization that are not in the game. When doing this I usually try to replace a player that is no longer in my minor league system but there are only so many. To add to this, it would be great to be able to add more than 15 players to Class A so that I can import as many minor league players as possible.

- Improve the All-Star voting system. They should mimic what MLB does with outfielder voting and include all outfielders in one category as opposed to doing a separate RF, CF, and LF categories.

- Include a 3-team trade option and the ability to include more than 3 players from one team in a trade.

- Fix the way Ohtani is used. He's probably a challenge for SDS but I hope they continue to improve how he is used. They did fix his stamina issue so I do appreciate that. In my franchise, he's the league leader in strikeouts, top 5 in wins, and top 10 in ERA. As a batter, he's top 5 in batting average and leads the league in WAR, homeruns, and RBIs. He still managed to not be selected to the All-Star game and was not included in the homerun derby. I'm sure there's something with his player model where the CPU gets confused.

That's all I can think of for now but hopefully some if these suggestions can make their way in.

-
Old 09-27-2022, 04:16 PM   #19
Rookie

Just new face scans is enough to get me in.

Lineup logic/management is one of my biggest things.

I don't need an intricate system of improvements here. Even games like ootp and nba 2k23 still do not have good team/lineup logic, so I'm not looking for the moon and stars.

But I would just love for every team to not operate under the same code. Maybe one team is coded on the backend to bat their best hitter second while another may opt for speedy one and two hitters. Maybe one team leaves their starters in for too long and one team uses their bullpen too much. Maybe some teams will stick with underperforming players while others will bench or demote a player hitting under the Mendoza line.

But all in all , if everything remains the same, I would just love to have teams not always add their best players to the 25 man, not bat their fastest hitter 1 and 2, not use the same lrp over and over again, etc.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:28 AM   #20
Rookie

I’ll probably buy it anyway, but here’s my wishlist:

- Improve CPU lineup/bullpen logic.

- Continue improving CPU trade/free agency logic.

- Tweak stadium creator (bullpens, domes, wall signage, distance markers).

- Copy 2K’s uniform creator.

- Make sure Shohei Ohtani can pitch and hit in the same game.

But who am I kidding, I’ll be picking up 23.
Old 09-28-2022, 05:33 PM   #21
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRodgers1175
I’ll probably buy it anyway, but here’s my wishlist:

- Improve CPU lineup/bullpen logic.

- Continue improving CPU trade/free agency logic.

- Tweak stadium creator (bullpens, domes, wall signage, distance markers).

- Copy 2K’s uniform creator.

- Make sure Shohei Ohtani can pitch and hit in the same game.

But who am I kidding, I’ll be picking up 23.
I will by anyway too but there a bunch of things Sony could do that needs doing. Though I will settle for as little as a roster update.hpvl
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2022, 06:03 PM   #22
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

I'll buy it day 1. Yeah I'm that guy. Lol

Sent from my thoughts
Old 09-28-2022, 08:15 PM   #23
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725

Sent from my thoughts
Me too! I mentioned that I wasn't going to buy 23', but there alot of rules change and schedule format.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-28-2022, 10:56 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725

Sent from my thoughts
I'm committed to a day one purchase but beyond that, I may hold off on 24. unless it is so drastically different it becomes a Show reboot, there's a good chance I start doing with the Show what I've the last 10 years with Madden: stay a year behind the yearly new release and start buying at a majorly reduced price

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »