Home

JoshC1977's "Maximize Player Ratings" MLB 21 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's "Maximize Player Ratings" MLB 21 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-12-2021, 11:36 AM   #833
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's "Maximize Player Ratings" MLB 21 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
This isn’t my set. However nearly every slider set will have pitch speed labeled as “User preference” So ultimately its up to you.

I personally struggle with pitch speed choices. At default it’s far too slow for me. I actually don’t feel like I’m really playing baseball. So much that specifically this year the harder they throw the better I hit. People will say that pitch speed doesn’t affect gameplay and I’ll argue that it most certainly does maybe more than anything. If you are consistently early or very early you’ll see some really awkward swings and weak rollovers. If you are constantly late or very late you’ll see a lot of swings and misses or have a hard time pulling the ball. There’s pros and cons to both. I honestly can’t play on default pitch speed anymore. Not sure if it’s six, seven, some combination of speed but I have to increase it myself.
I've waffled multiple times myself.

Pitch speed definitely impacts gameplay, but it does not impact AI....that's what people mean when they say it "doesn't impact anything".
Old 08-12-2021, 12:14 PM   #834
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
This isn’t my set. However nearly every slider set will have pitch speed labeled as “User preference” So ultimately its up to you.

I personally struggle with pitch speed choices. At default it’s far too slow for me. I actually don’t feel like I’m really playing baseball. So much that specifically this year the harder they throw the better I hit. People will say that pitch speed doesn’t affect gameplay and I’ll argue that it most certainly does maybe more than anything. If you are consistently early or very early you’ll see some really awkward swings and weak rollovers. If you are constantly late or very late you’ll see a lot of swings and misses or have a hard time pulling the ball. There’s pros and cons to both. I honestly can’t play on default pitch speed anymore. Not sure if it’s six, seven, some combination of speed but I have to increase it myself.
I use this set, and pitch speed definitely matters. I'm fine default pitch speeds but some peeps gotta raise it or lower it for better realism on their end. I'm just glad there is an option to do so. I also think the type of TV that is being used matters for pitch speeds. Along with each individuals ability to react...and also maybe the preferred batting camera, etc.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:10 PM   #835
Rookie

OVR: 0

I’m torn this year for sure. I’m starting to adjust the to default but the first 5-6 games I was constantly early. I’m afraid to increase it now that I’m used to it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2021, 05:46 PM   #836
Rookie

Question on dynamic difficulty: I’ve done the grind to AS+ TWICE now in play now games, but in both cases my in progress franchise difficulty still starts at rookie. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 08-20-2021, 07:38 PM   #837
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcc3
Question on dynamic difficulty: I’ve done the grind to AS+ TWICE now in play now games, but in both cases my in progress franchise difficulty still starts at rookie. Am I doing something wrong?
You are most likely not going into games with the same settings profile that you grinded to AS+ on. Dynamic progress is tied to the profile you're using, so you have to make sure the right one is loaded.

Either be really sure of which profile you're loading at the team select screen (right analog to scroll through them), or change the settings file association for your team to the profile you've grinded up on (someone else is gonna have to explain how to get to the latter because I'm away from my console at the moment).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2021, 11:35 AM   #838
Rookie

Thanks. I’ll try that out and see what I’m doing wrong.
Old 08-24-2021, 09:12 AM   #839
Rookie

My difficulty wont save on AS+ either. When I first did my profile it started me off on AS and when Dynamic difficulty is on, I played a few games and was in AS+. As soon as I reached on hitting and pitching. I exited the game, when to my sliders and moved DYNAMIC to 0 and saved. But when I go back into my game it starts in the middle of AS again. I am check my profile setting and it was all the same so that wasnt the issue. Did I do something wrong in my process?
Old 08-24-2021, 12:30 PM   #840
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesterj89
My difficulty wont save on AS+ either. When I first did my profile it started me off on AS and when Dynamic difficulty is on, I played a few games and was in AS+. As soon as I reached on hitting and pitching. I exited the game, when to my sliders and moved DYNAMIC to 0 and saved. But when I go back into my game it starts in the middle of AS again. I am check my profile setting and it was all the same so that wasnt the issue. Did I do something wrong in my process?
I think it might be a bug from the last update.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »