Home

TC's Veteran+ / Legend Sliders (Directional/Meter)

This is a discussion on TC's Veteran+ / Legend Sliders (Directional/Meter) within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-17-2015, 01:16 AM   #1
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
TC's Veteran+ / Legend Sliders (Directional/Meter)

LAST UPDATED 4.17.15 (12:00AM)

Hey guys. I thought I would share my sliders since this game has so many different options for so many different people. I figured that there had to be some people out there like me who have trouble hitting, while dominate at pitching. That's what these sliders are based off of.

As you can see I will be playing on Veteran + Hitting, Legend Pitching, Directional Hitting and Meter Pitching.

For those of you who do not know how to play in that difficulty just follow these steps:

1. Turn Hitting to Dynamic Difficulty
2. Go to sliders and change Dynamic Difficulty Sensitivity to 10
3. Go into exhibition mode and play offense only until you reach Veteran +
4. Go back to slider and change Dynamic Difficulty Sensitivity to 0
5. Leave hitting difficulty on Dynamic

You should now be locked into Veteran + hitting.

SLIDERS

ANYTHING NOT LISTED IS USER PREFERENCE

QUICK COUNTS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

HITTING - Veteran +
Interface- Directional

PITCHING - Legend
Interface - Meter

FIELDING - DIFFICULTY N/A WITH THROW METER OFF
Interface - Buttons
THROWING METER - OFF (very important)
Fielding Decision - Either

HUM / CPU

Contact - 5/5
-Perfect at default IMO. Batters are able to reach some balls off the plate, while still getting the occasional swing and miss on a ball over the plate.

Power - 5/5
- Though HR numbers are lower than I'd like right now, extra base hits and hits as a whole are not. I dont think this is a fix for homeruns as I'm not getting a crazy amount of wall scraping doubles. I think this is more for appearance, as well as how hard ground balls get through the hole. If you went up to 6 too many balls will be getting in the gaps and through the defense causing way too many hits.

Timing - 5/5
- For me, on Veteran +, I get a good timing about 25% of the time, same with the CPU on Legendary. On All-Star hitting I would get a good timing only about 5%-10% of the time, which went the same for the CPU on HOF. Also any lower on timing and you'd see too many K's, any higher and you'd see too many hits.

Stride Difficulty - N/A

Foul Frequency - 0/0
-Since the CPU and myself are getting a higher number of good timings and less bad timings, I had to compensate by lowering this to 0. This way we both strikeout an appropriate amount, plus I still see plenty of foul balls and deep counts.

Solid Hits - 5/5
-Most balls, but not all left over the middle of the plate, will be squared up at default. While good hitters can still make solid contact on almost any hittable pitch with the right timing.

Starter Stamina- 5/5
- Starters with lower stamina (65-80) max out around 90-100 pitches. Guys 80-90 will max out at about 105-115 pitches. The top stamina guys (90+) will max out around 110-130.

Reliever Stamina - 1/1
- This doesn't affect reliever stamina as much as it affects their rest. At both 5 and 1, most relievers with an average stamina (25-35), lasts about 20-30 pitches. The difference is at 5 relievers can pretty much pitch consecutive days whenever they please, while at 1 they can only do that if they pitched about 20 pitches or less, give or take a few, depending on their stamina rating.

Pitcher Control - 4/3
- What I was aiming for with pitch control was for ratings to really shine and I believe I nailed it on this one. For the USER at 4, with meter pitching, if you hit the marker perfect on the meter you're more than likely going to hit your spot unless the pitcher is really bad, or the pitch he's throwing is really unreliable. Now if youre like me then you rarely are hitting the mark on the pitch meter unless your pitcher is above average or is in a real nice groove. At 4 when you miss the marker by a little, good pitchers will still be close to their spots while bad pitchers will miss much worse. Its evident almost immediately when playing on legend.
-The CPU works well at 3 because only really good pitchers are able to constantly paint the corners at 3. Now dont get me wrong, if any pitcher gets on a roll, and gets their confidence maxed out, then they can start painting corners also. But for the most part, the pitcher must be capable to paint corners at 3 or otherwise he'll be throwing way more hittable pitches, and way more obvious balls.

Pitcher Consistency - 0/0
-Plain and simple. Every pitcher, no matter who they are, time and again will just flat out mis throw a ball. At 0 for the USER when you miss severely bad on the meter you are almost certainly destined for a pitch way out of the zone or a meatball. Unless of course you have a top notch pitcher on the mound, or a guy on a serious roll. Where at which point the pitch may not be as wild or as hittable as it could have been.

CPU Strike Frequency - 5
-Perfect at default IMO. With accuracy and consistency where they are, they dictate more where the pitch is going.

CPU Manager Hook - 4
- At 5 you never see a guy get canned for more than 5 runs. I like to see guys give up 6 or 7, maybe even 8 every now and then.

CPU Pickoffs - 5
-I rarely take leads anyways. I just let ratings play out when it comes to stealing.

Pitch Speed - 5 (USER PREFERENCE)

Fielding Errors Infield - 5
- Just enough at 5.

Fielding Errors Outfield - 6
- Same explanation as above.

Throwing Errors Infield - 4
- At 5 I was seeing the CPU over throw first base with guys like Robinson Cano on routine groundballs way too often.

Throwing Errors Outfield - 5
- This plays great at default IMO. It really allows ratings to shine. Bad fielders will make a good throw maybe 2-3 out of every 10 times. While good fielders make a good throw about 5-6 out of every 10 times.

Fielder Run Speed - 4
- Fielders were just covering a little too much ground at 5. This allows for a few more doubles and a few more bloop singles.

Fielder Reaction - 4
- Honestly I would be fine with this slider at 5 except for the fact that at 4 it cuts down on ninja catcher to a degree where you actually can get a swinging bunt base hit, right in front of home plate, with some speedier guys. It also allows for a few more ground balls to get through the infield.

Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 3
- This slider is really weird as at it almost doesnt seem to do anything. One thing it does for sure though is slow down more routine throws to allow alot more close plays at first.

Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 5
- Allows fielders with cannons to show them off, does not do that at lower strengths IMO.

Baserunner Speed - 4
- Guys were a little fast at 5, and almost everyone no matter their speed were scoring from 1st on doubles. This also compensates for fielder run speed at 4.

Baserunner Steal Ability - 4
- Compensates for fielder arm strength at 3 which affects the catchers throw.

Baserunner Steal Frequency - 6
- See alot more hit and runs at 6. As well as good base stealers going on almost any chance they get.

Wind - 5

Injury Frequency - 6
- You could move this up to 9 or 10 for games you play but it most certainly shouldn't go over 6 for simmed games. Though at 7-10 the number of injuries never gets out of control, the severity of the injuries does. There were way too many instances at 7-10 where I would sim an entire season and some very young, promising talent would have a career ending injury. And it wasn't just one guy it was tons. At 7 it was more like 5. But at 10 it was like 9 or 10. And Im talking guys like Jose Abreau.

Guys please enjoy and ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!!!

Post boxscores: http://dynasties.operationsports.com...id=1&sport=mlb

Last edited by tc020791; 04-18-2015 at 02:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 01:19 AM   #2
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Re: TC's Veteran+ / Legend Sliders (Directional/Meter)

Tampa Bay Rays at Los Angeles Dodgers
Jan 1, 123456789RHE
Tampa Bay (CPU)000000021370
Los Angeles (ME)001000000161
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSTAMLAD
Tampa Bay Rays
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Longoria411003
Forsythe31121
BATTING:
2B: Longoria
3B: Forsythe
Los Angeles Dodgers
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Rollins412
Grandal4021
BATTING:
2B: Crawford, Uribe
BASERUNNING:
CS: Crawford
Tampa Bay Rays
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Karns (ND)5.031134
Team37
Los Angeles Dodgers
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Kershaw (ND)8.1511311
Team412

Texas Rangers at Baltimore Orioles
Jan 1, 123456789RHE
Texas (CPU)20003034113192
Baltimore (ME)101010000350
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSTEXBAL
Texas Rangers
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Beltre42322
Andrus5044
Fielder5232
BATTING:
2B: Fielder (2), Choo, Smolinski
BASERUNNING:
SB: Martin
Baltimore Orioles
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Jones30111
Joseph211011
BATTING:
2B: N/A
BASERUNNING:
SB: De Aza
SB: Jones
Texas Rangers
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Martinez (W)8.043348
Team410
Baltimore Orioles
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Norris (L)4.1105531
Matusz1.133313
Team77

Houston Astros at Detroit Tigers
Jan 1, 123456789RHE
Houston (CPU)000001200390
Detroit (ME)2020000004121
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSHOUDET
Houston Astros
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Rasmus4121
Castro31101
BATTING:
3B: Castro
BASERUNNING:
SB: Altuve
Detroit Tigers
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
J.D. Martinez32301
Cespedes32201
Kinsler4022
Cabrera402
BATTING:
2B: Cabrera, J.D. Martinez, Cespedes
3B: Cabrera
Houston Astros
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Hernandez (L)3.074420
Deduno3.020012
Team33
Detroit Tigers
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Sanchez (W)6.173205
Team27

Washington Nationals at Miami Marlins
Jan 1, 123456789RHE
Washington (CPU)0110020105100
Miami (ME)1010000002100
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSWASMIA
Washington Nationals
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Harper4122
Ramos311111
BATTING:
2B: Harper
HR: Ramos
Miami Marlins
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Stanton402102
Morse413
BATTING:
2B: Morse (2), Saltalamacchia, Gordon
BASERUNNING:
SB: Gordon
Washington Nationals
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Sherzer7.092209
Team112
Miami Marlins
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Haren (L)5.274420
Team22
Old 04-17-2015, 01:22 AM   #3
MVP

tc020791's Arena

I'm hoping HR numbers go up when I enter franchise mode due to guys being on hot streaks, pitchers having less stamina to start, and bullpens being more depleted. All games above are played in exhibition mode so all teams are full strength.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #4
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Home runs have come alive in Franchise just as I expected.

I just started my franchise with OSFM rosters and got off to an unfortunate 0-2 start by a combined 2 runs!

First game was a pitchers duel as you might imagine on opening day. Archer out dueled Tillman getting the Rays the 1-0 win in 7 innings of work. No one went deep this game but Jennings doubled for TB, 1 of their 4 hits. While Young had a double for Baltimore, 1 of our 5 hits.

Game two would've been a slug fest if every single home run wasn't a solo shot. This game I lost in extras 5-4, in 11 innings. Rene Rivera hit a walk off home run on the first pitch I threw with newly entered brad brach. To go a long with Rivera's HR, Longoria homered twice, and Jaso and Loney both doubled. As for me, both Machado and Joseph went deep, and Jones got a triple. TB out hit me 11-7.

I am absolutely loving these right now and don't plan on changing a thing for the time being. Even though I'm 0-2 I haven't felt cheated in either game and could've easily won either one.

Last edited by tc020791; 04-17-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:35 PM   #5
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

quick question.....would these work with classic pitching?

The reason I ask is I am currently at the same difficulty (Vet + and Legend) but I also like classic pitching,was just wondering if the difference would be that big between meter and classic.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 04:52 PM   #6
MVP

tc020791's Arena

It depends how often you're able to get a perfect pitch on classic. If you can get one almost every time with any pitcher then I wouldn't suggest using classic.

The thing I like about.meter is that every pitcher feels different to me. Some guys have longer leg kicks, hold the ball longer, etc., and that shows by how fast or slow the meter goes. So.in a sense you can't really ever get into a groove game to game like you do on classic because you have you relearn each timing, for every pitcher, if that makes sense.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:51 PM   #7
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
It depends how often you're able to get a perfect pitch on classic. If you can get one almost every time with any pitcher then I wouldn't suggest using classic.

The thing I like about.meter is that every pitcher feels different to me. Some guys have longer leg kicks, hold the ball longer, etc., and that shows by how fast or slow the meter goes. So.in a sense you can't really ever get into a groove game to game like you do on classic because you have you relearn each timing, for every pitcher, if that makes sense.
Thanks for the info.
Honestly I'm not quite sure how I am that high in pitching as I'm not that good with classic yet,but the reason I do enjoy it as the others seemed to be a touch to easy for me.

Also,just a quick update....I just finished a game against the Rockies,and lost 3-2. The game played real nice and the hits all seemed legit,very nice variety (which is what I wanted to see).

I was able to get 1 HR with "A-Gone",and almost had another that hit off the wall for a double....seen a good variety of gap shots and singles also.

I've already started my season with the Dodgers,but I will definitely be plugging these in....nice job bro

Now I will say this (before anybody else does)...I understand 1 game does not say a whole lot,but in some cases it can as 1 game can determine whether or not something "feels" right....and I can honestly say these sliders "feel" right to me....nothing stood out as glaring,or never did I feel that I needed to change anything....so again I say nice job.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-17-2015, 11:16 PM   #8
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
Thanks for the info.
Honestly I'm not quite sure how I am that high in pitching as I'm not that good with classic yet,but the reason I do enjoy it as the others seemed to be a touch to easy for me.

Also,just a quick update....I just finished a game against the Rockies,and lost 3-2. The game played real nice and the hits all seemed legit,very nice variety (which is what I wanted to see).

I was able to get 1 HR with "A-Gone",and almost had another that hit off the wall for a double....seen a good variety of gap shots and singles also.

I've already started my season with the Dodgers,but I will definitely be plugging these in....nice job bro

Now I will say this (before anybody else does)...I understand 1 game does not say a whole lot,but in some cases it can as 1 game can determine whether or not something "feels" right....and I can honestly say these sliders "feel" right to me....nothing stood out as glaring,or never did I feel that I needed to change anything....so again I say nice job.
Thanks a lot for the feedback Kramer, its much appreciated, and more is welcome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »