Home

Any CPU vs CPU sliders?

This is a discussion on Any CPU vs CPU sliders? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-10-2015, 10:32 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Any CPU vs CPU sliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
You need to sign on with the email address that your PSN id is linked to - along with your PSN password. Once you are in search for bug ids "10013" and "11011" and click the + button to up the vote.
I went to up vote the defect entries you referenced, but it did not increment the votes when I clicked on the + sign. I guess I had already voted for them. LOL

Since nobody has actually posted any slider settings in this thread yet, I guess I will post mine which are the same slider settings I have been using in my MoM games which really should not be any different than a CPU vs CPU game. The only difference I have ever seen from the game play between the two modes is the problem in MoM games where if you call for a sacrifice bunt, the batter will attempt to lay down the bunt no matter how far the ball is out of the strike zone, whereas the CPU vs CPU games are not plagued with this issue.

Anyway my slider settings are not based on any in depth analysis. They are more of a gut feel. But I do keep most of the categories at the default 5 setting value with exception of the following:

Foul Frequency: 3
Starter Stamina: 7
Reliever Stamina: 6
Pitcher Control: 4
Pitcher Consistency: 4
Pitch Speed: 10 (not an issue in MoM or CPU games, at least it wasn't last year)
Infield Fielding Errors: 6
Infield Throwing Errors: 2
Outfield Throwing Errors: 1
Baserunner Speed: 4
Steal Ability: 4
Wind: 7

And as you can see with my settings I am trying to cut down on foul balls (I still see plenty of them in my games), and try to make sure that even a 70 something rating starting pitcher can get through at least 100 pitches before they are out of gas. It’s debatable as to whether the reliever stamina should be set to 6 and not 5. But I have it at 6 so that the long relief pitchers can actually do their jobs as long relievers. Ramone in a stream mentioned that starting pitchers start falling off the cliff at about 20% while relievers become marginal at about 40%. But many long relief pitchers are starting pitchers not quite good enough to crack the starting rotation. From there the only huge difference from default is one tick lower on pitcher control and pitcher consistency and you will see my fielder throwing errors are low (I’ve always felt the CPU fielders threw more errand balls in this game than they do in the real world) but to counteract that, the fielding errors in terms of handling balls is one tick above the default. Other than that the last divergence was base runner speed and steal ability is one tick lower than the default. Not 100% sure on these yet. Only time will tell. But with these settings I am seeing low scoring games, high scoring games as well as plenty of average scoring games in both my MoM games but also my CPU vs CPU games. I play MoM for my team (the Rockies … good hitting team, but marginal pitching) and when time permits I play plenty of CPU vs CPU games for my division rivals and other league contenders.

Last edited by My993C2; 04-10-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does raising the starters stamina have an impact on simmed games? I had it at 7 and 20 games into the regular season I'm seeing way more complete games across the league than there should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I went to up vote the defect entries you referenced, but it did not increment the votes when I clicked on the + sign. I guess I had already voted for them. LOL

Since nobody has actually posted any slider settings in this thread yet, I guess I will post mine which are the same slider settings I have been using in my MoM games which really should not be any different than a CPU vs CPU game. The only difference I have ever seen from the game play between the two modes is the problem in MoM games where if you call for a sacrifice bunt, the batter will attempt to lay down the bunt no matter how far the ball is out of the strike zone, whereas the CPU vs CPU games are not plagued with this issue.

Anyway my slider settings are not based on any in depth analysis. They are more of a gut feel. But I do keep most of the categories at the default 5 setting value with exception of the following:

Foul Frequency: 3
Starter Stamina: 7
Reliever Stamina: 6
Pitcher Control: 4
Pitcher Consistency: 4
Pitch Speed: 10 (not an issue in MoM or CPU games, at least it wasn't last year)
Infield Fielding Errors: 6
Infield Throwing Errors: 2
Outfield Throwing Errors: 1
Baserunner Speed: 4
Steal Ability: 4
Wind: 7

And as you can see with my settings I am trying to cut down on foul balls (I still see plenty of them in my games), and try to make sure that even a 70 something rating starting pitcher can get through at least 100 pitches before they are out of gas. It’s debatable as to whether the reliever stamina should be set to 6 and not 5. But I have it at 6 so that the long relief pitchers can actually do their jobs as long relievers. Ramone in a stream mentioned that starting pitchers start falling off the cliff at about 20% while relievers become marginal at about 40%. But many long relief pitchers are starting pitchers not quite good enough to crack the starting rotation. From there the only huge difference from default is one tick lower on pitcher control and pitcher consistency and you will see my fielder throwing errors are low (I’ve always felt the CPU fielders threw more errand balls in this game than they do in the real world) but to counteract that, the fielding errors in terms of handling balls is one tick above the default. Other than that the last divergence was base runner speed and steal ability is one tick lower than the default. Not 100% sure on these yet. Only time will tell. But with these settings I am seeing low scoring games, high scoring games as well as plenty of average scoring games in both my MoM games but also my CPU vs CPU games. I play MoM for my team (the Rockies … good hitting team, but marginal pitching) and when time permits I play plenty of CPU vs CPU games for my division rivals and other league contenders.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:14 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersville123
Does raising the starters stamina have an impact on simmed games? I had it at 7 and 20 games into the regular season I'm seeing way more complete games across the league than there should be.
Perhaps I am mistaken, but I have always been under the impression that sliders are for when you are in the games playing, not for when you are simming the games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »