Home

Best CPU vs CPU setting for franchise

This is a discussion on Best CPU vs CPU setting for franchise within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-01-2024, 07:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best CPU vs CPU setting for franchise

I finally bought them game, and I’m more of a GM/Manager type player that likes doing the other stuff and just watching the games play themselves. Where can I find the best slider setting for this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2024, 07:45 PM   #2
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Re: Best CPU vs CPU setting for franchise

The only sliders that matter for when you simulate games are the SP Stamina, RP Stamina, Hook, and Simulation Injuries sliders.

The best sliders to control the complete games are stamina at 5 and hook at 10. That gives you a realistic number of compete games.

JWDixon came up with the injuries at 9 would replicate real life numbers for injuries and games played for the year.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-02-2024, 12:26 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
The only sliders that matter for when you simulate games are the SP Stamina, RP Stamina, Hook, and Simulation Injuries sliders.

The best sliders to control the complete games are stamina at 5 and hook at 10. That gives you a realistic number of compete games.

JWDixon came up with the injuries at 9 would replicate real life numbers for injuries and games played for the year.
Thank you!
Old 04-02-2024, 03:15 PM   #4
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballejos12
I finally bought them game, and I’m more of a GM/Manager type player that likes doing the other stuff and just watching the games play themselves. Where can I find the best slider setting for this?
MLBTS has a manage mode where you can do as much or as little in the manage side of the game as you want. I use it and I dont control every pitch. I let the pitcher and catcher call the game so to say. Its a great mode to be involved without swinging the bat or throwing the pitch. You can control bench moves, pitching change (bullpen logic is atrocious if the cpu controls it), steals, bunts and so forth.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-02-2024, 03:47 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
MLBTS has a manage mode where you can do as much or as little in the manage side of the game as you want. I use it and I dont control every pitch. I let the pitcher and catcher call the game so to say. Its a great mode to be involved without swinging the bat or throwing the pitch. You can control bench moves, pitching change (bullpen logic is atrocious if the cpu controls it), steals, bunts and so forth.
I have not been able to get into it this year with the Camera glitch. How are you liking the Backstop Cam? Praying they allow the Broadcast Cam back on next patch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2024, 04:21 PM   #6
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
I have not been able to get into it this year with the Camera glitch. How are you liking the Backstop Cam? Praying they allow the Broadcast Cam back on next patch
Dont have 24 and wont be getting. 23 is still great for me and I only play in dugout view. I love the immersion from it.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-03-2024, 10:11 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
I remember years ago when you could watch CPU vs CPU with all the different camera settings but they took that away. Had a feeling it was unintended but they didn't feel bothered to fix it, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new camera glitch won't be fixed anytime soon.
Old 04-04-2024, 11:04 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito
I remember years ago when you could watch CPU vs CPU with all the different camera settings but they took that away. Had a feeling it was unintended but they didn't feel bothered to fix it, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new camera glitch won't be fixed anytime soon.
I sure hope they do. Some of us have played this way (Broadcast Cam) for a dozen or so years and we don't play the game, only manage. Which I absolutely love! The Backstop view seems like an entirely different game. If they don't fix it, it would be similar to guys that play and have to play the game only from the pitcher cam even while they are hitting. Can you imagine the uproar! Everyone plays the game differently and enjoys it differently. I am sure they are aware of this and hopefully an easy fix.

Personally I do not enjoy managing from the backstop view because it is really hard to tell if your pitcher is hitting his spots which is a VERY important part of managing your pitching staff

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »