Home

Best version of MLB The Show for PS4?

This is a discussion on Best version of MLB The Show for PS4? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-31-2020, 06:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Best version of MLB The Show for PS4?

Do you prefer any iteration of the game for PS4 as a complete package over MLB 20? Are there any versions of the game you prefer for specific reasons over MLB 20? I feel the further we get along, the more a feel we lose for classic roster players, as the game focuses on replicating the modern game, with the dancing, and the bat flips, and the divisional realignment, playoff changes, interleague changes, and the rap music and presentation changes, and whatever else encapsulates modern baseball. In other sports franchises, the consensus is that each have better versions of the game than the current one (nhl, FIFA, nba 2k, and Madden). Mlb the show seems to have avoided this sort of thing. But I’d really like to pick everyone’s brain on this.

For me, if not for the create a team feature in 20, I’d still be playing MLB 18, or 16
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

Last edited by Culture Rot; 08-31-2020 at 06:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 06:44 PM   #2
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best version of MLB The Show for PS4?

I'm not nearly as experienced as many here, having started with '15.

As strictly a classic roster guy, I don't like the 26-man, and 3 batter rule. its a big reason I haven't moved on yet (18) I'm also not a fan of the swoosh on the jerseys, and I can't stand seeing Junior at bat without his classic jet black Louisville whoopin stick.

... but I'll say flat out 20 is the best playing baseball game ever. Its not really debatable.

I'll be jumping to PC when that time comes. I don't care how many dumb rules Manfred institutes.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 08-31-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:56 PM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best version of MLB The Show for PS4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I'm not nearly as experienced as many here, having started with '15.

As strictly a classic roster guy, I don't like the 26-man, and 3 batter rule. its a big reason I haven't moved on yet (18) I'm also not a fan of the swoosh on the jerseys, and I can't stand seeing Junior at bat without his classic jet black Louisville whoopin stick.

... but I'll say flat out 20 is the best playing baseball game ever. Its not really debatable.

I'll be jumping to PC when that time comes. I don't care how many dumb rules Manfred institutes.

Flat out 100% on that one man.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »