Home

Is your Roster Set Built using JTommy67's RBU ?

This is a discussion on Is your Roster Set Built using JTommy67's RBU ? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-10-2019, 07:13 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is your Roster Set Built using JTommy67's RBU ?

Hey fellas,

I haven't gone away...but FYI I am working on an updated version which should be ready in a few weeks. There will be a few changes to formulas (nothing too major) and I'm switching my approach to defensive ratings and adjusting the metrics I'm using.

If you're using past versions you should be okay, though you're likely to see higher batting averages since they apparently calibrate the engine to the previous year's league BA (which was low..around .248)...so you may want to take down contact ratings a notch or two to compensate.

I suspect the bunting ratings will be too low for pitchers, since they recently changed the scale. I haven't updated in two years...

I'm always tweaking and trying to make things better, but it's a slow process.

Cheers.

Last edited by JTommy67; 06-10-2019 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:22 AM   #10
Rookie

CM_Balkoth's Arena

Couple quick questions. In the case of ratings, would it be better to use the ratings from the start of the 2014 season rather than the start of 2013 for a 2013 roster to get the most accurate play through?

Also, what's the best way to rate pitches and velocity and make sure I have the correct pitches for each pitcher?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM_Balkoth
Couple quick questions. In the case of ratings, would it be better to use the ratings from the start of the 2014 season rather than the start of 2013 for a 2013 roster to get the most accurate play through?

Also, what's the best way to rate pitches and velocity and make sure I have the correct pitches for each pitcher?

Thanks in advance.
The version of JTommy67's RBU I use has an End of Season option so I use that for the specific Year I am building.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM_Balkoth

Thanks in advance.

Don's right. Understand that the option your discussing does not affect ratings - it only determines where to put players that were traded that year - either with the team they started with or the team they ended with. So, for example, if you're were running 1984 and chose "use early season/opening day" then Bill Buckner (RIP Billy Buck) would show up on the Cubs. If you choose "late season/year end" he will be listed with the Red Sox. His ratings are calculated from his entire year's performance, however, and would be the same in either case.

For pitcher ratings, well that's anybody's guess and not really my cup of tea. Since historical pitch data is unavailable I omit it from my utility. However, when I make rosters I use the Neyer/James Guide to Pitchers which lists pitches for most main pitchers and also gives some descriptions (and occasionally speeds) of their pitches. I have it open as I'm creating new players, and I try to follow SCEA's scale (for pitches, around 55-60 being average for control and break)...for me it's very unscientific, though.

Last edited by JTommy67; 06-13-2019 at 07:03 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:15 PM   #13
Rookie

CM_Balkoth's Arena

Perfect, that helps a bunch. Thank you both!
Old 08-12-2019, 11:59 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

the link on one the first page does not work, is there an updated link to this
Old 08-13-2019, 06:44 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoll86
the link on one the first page does not work, is there an updated link to this
It's been updated to: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rfqc5v...U19v1.exe/file
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2022, 09:34 AM   #16
Rookie

artvandeleghe's Arena

Is there an updated link for JTommy's RBU tool?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »