Home

Old 03-18-2019, 11:24 PM   #81
Rookie

RagtimeHarry's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CRP Roster 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Bacon you want to take the wheel on anything??

we are almost at 7 days to go guys! I love when we get to the final week before release it feels like Xmas to me.

Rockies Released Michael Saunders. any Rockies fans have any suggestions who to replace in that slot? It's getting more difficult updating roster because I can't create anymore players they are full. to move players around. it's getting to the stage of just waiting for 19 now.

Here is the plan.
once we get to midnight my game becomes active. I will export and import all the players across from 18 to 19, that need to be carried over. any team with a open slot for a prospect that needs to be created I will name them 'open slot' so we know that spot is open to import a player that needs to be created

Any missing Vets I will try and export and import back to the roster with correct service time. (the career stats may not be accurate if they are vets that have vanished that shouldn't have. Lets Pray we don't have a situation like the last 2 years when a player is missing. and he isn't exportable because he only appears in franchise not the roster (Matt Joyce 2 years ago) if this happens we have to create the player from dead scratch a real pain if this happens again, once again won't have accurate career stats if we have to do that.

Once I have done all that. we can begin pass the parcel around. each person can do a team or 2 make any changes add prospects. make faces for the missing vets. (if anyone gets the game early place check the missing players thread and add down on here which players are missing ahead of time.)

Just on that. who wants to volunteer for doing faces for any missing vets we will have? We really need someone dedicated to do this day 1. this is the most time consuming part of making the roster, the sooner we get onto that the better.

what I can do is you don't know how to is export the generic player from franchise and put him up in the vault for someone to edit the face. For example we know Billy Burns won't be in the game. he will turn generic.

I can sim to his correct service time and export him name him Billy Burns from the generic name he is given. and the face person only has to create the face upload back to the vault and I can import him in the roster.

Once pass the parcel is done and we have our 90 man rosters. we can release that to the vault as a Beta. for the community. to try out who can't wait, can tell us any mistakes we have. equipment changes hairstyles, errors etc.

meanwhile the next job is to do the re ratings.. which is a whole new project. which I am sure a few people will take on that role. and that is when we can release an official version of the roster.

I know in the past that Beta versions have never gone up before. and no doubt will take plenty of heat from mistakes and errors but that is the idea of releasing a Beta to everyone to tell us of any errors.
Sounds like a great plan! I'm here to create any missing players that you need, I've gotten pretty good at it. Do you need me to make spreadsheets for any more teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2019, 11:27 PM   #82
Rookie

RagtimeHarry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Okay I have a some very specific questions looking for expertise responses.

Wouldn't starting with 19' launch roster or update opening week be much less work?

Do you only import the missing ppl?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Do you mean starting with the roster given by the developers? Someone earlier in the thread already gave us a great current roster which we can import as a franchise into the new game.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:38 PM   #83
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtimeHarry
Do you mean starting with the roster given by the developers? Someone earlier in the thread already gave us a great current roster which we can import as a franchise into the new game.
Yes by the developers.
& I had seen in thread. KUDOS to that man. I appreciate the dedication and effort. I'll be looking into it. But just from a Roster building perspective..

I mean 19 will have the scans , new commentary, contracts ..

Just trying to understand personally.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

Last edited by King Gro23; 03-18-2019 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:41 PM   #84
Rookie

RagtimeHarry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Yes I had seen in thread. KUDOS to that man. I appreciate the dedication and effort. I'll be looking into it. But just from a Roster building perspective..

I mean 19 will have the scans , new commentary, contracts ..

Just trying to understand personally

Ya kudos to him, I'm blanking on his username. Hopefully everything works like in years past, but contracts might be interesting as that was the only thing they revamped for franchise mode. Let's hope that there aren't any issues with respect to contracts.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:15 AM   #85
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Bacon you want to take the wheel on anything??
Sent you a PM.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2019, 10:39 AM   #86
Rookie

Gatorshow184's Arena

I just have to say this. You guys rock and I want to thank everyone who is making this possible.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:59 PM   #87
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtimeHarry
Ya kudos to him, I'm blanking on his username. Hopefully everything works like in years past, but contracts might be interesting as that was the only thing they revamped for franchise mode. Let's hope that there aren't any issues with respect to contracts.
Yes babybomber99 is his name.

obviously there has been lots of changes this week with rosters and prospects for teams, so it's not going to be exactly as that its brilliant work making it easy for export purposes for 19.

As I said any prospects that have to be created I will import a player called 'open slot' it will make it more easier. and easy for OCD people like me to have a structure haha!

BDaniels20 is working on the spreadsheet for some of the teams. and has about half done. he is using fangraphs to get a lot of the info. so we should be good there we got less then a week to go now we are just about ready.

I will be interested to know when the cut off point of the rosters will be. with the M2O mode they may cut it very fine I hope.. so we will get the Gio signing with the yankees. less work and backdating to do hopefully.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:54 PM   #88
Rookie

RagtimeHarry's Arena

Quote:
Yes babybomber99 is his name.

obviously there has been lots of changes this week with rosters and prospects for teams, so it's not going to be exactly as that its brilliant work making it easy for export purposes for 19.

As I said any prospects that have to be created I will import a player called 'open slot' it will make it more easier. and easy for OCD people like me to have a structure haha!

BDaniels20 is working on the spreadsheet for some of the teams. and has about half done. he is using fangraphs to get a lot of the info. so we should be good there we got less then a week to go now we are just about ready.

I will be interested to know when the cut off point of the rosters will be. with the M2O mode they may cut it very fine I hope.. so we will get the Gio signing with the yankees. less work and backdating to do hopefully.
Is he going to put the spreadsheets on the thread? Also, I can go ahead and create some prospects so that it doesn't take us more time to release the beta. I could just use some help with player ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »