Home

#OSFM 17: Chicago Cubs World Series Champions

This is a discussion on #OSFM 17: Chicago Cubs World Series Champions within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-01-2017, 02:14 AM   #17
Rookie

trackstar121388's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #OSFM 17: Chicago Cubs World Series Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment
I'll just end up editing him myself. If anyone is interested I have a spreadsheet that I work on every year that has every player on the team and their ratings from The Show 14, 15, 16, and 17 to start and end the season and/or their OSFM ratings if they were included in those rosters as well. It's great for editing players that you believe have been rating incorrectly and want to edit them. I should have it done by the end of the weekend if anyone is interested.
I'm interested. I feel like they really underrated some of the cubs defensives ratings too.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #18
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar121388
I'm interested. I feel like they really underrated some of the cubs defensives ratings too.
I just finished updating the excel file I was telling you about. The players are separated by position tabs at the bottom. It has at least the beginning and end of season ratings for each player whether it was for OSFM or SCEA. Each player has listed the high, low, median, and average rating of every attribute plus another formula that averages out all of those:

(((High+Low)/2)+Median+average)/3=Some combination of all of these.

I use this to re-rate any players on the roster who I feel deserves to have their ratings changed. I hope it helps, if enough people like it enough I may just turn it in to a working google sheets so everyone can see and use it any time.
Attached Files
File Type: rar MLB The Show 2017.rar (294.3 KB, 22 views)
Old 04-02-2017, 11:56 PM   #19
Rookie

trackstar121388's Arena

Quote:
I just finished updating the excel file I was telling you about. The players are separated by position tabs at the bottom. It has at least the beginning and end of season ratings for each player whether it was for OSFM or SCEA. Each player has listed the high, low, median, and average rating of every attribute plus another formula that averages out all of those:

I use this to re-rate any players on the roster who I feel deserves to have their ratings changed. I hope it helps, if enough people like it enough I may just turn it in to a working google sheets so everyone can see and use it any time.

Wow, sounds like you put in a lot of work. I'm having trouble opening it though
Old 04-02-2017, 11:59 PM   #20
Pro

Figment's Arena

Quote:
Wow, sounds like you put in a lot of work. I'm having trouble opening it though

I've been doing this excel sheet probably for close to the last ten years, I get bothered by bad ratings, but I also don't think I know enough to make ratings changes myself, so I use this.

Sounds like a dumb question, but did you decompress the file? It is compressed as a .rar so it's file size will be small enough. Use winrar or winzip to open it.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:27 AM   #21
Rookie

trackstar121388's Arena

Quote:
I've been doing this excel sheet probably for close to the last ten years, I get bothered by bad ratings, but I also don't think I know enough to make ratings changes myself, so I use this.

Sounds like a dumb question, but did you decompress the file? It is compressed as a .rar so it's file size will be small enough. Use winrar or winzip to open it.

You know I didn't even realize it was a zipped file thank you for point that out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2017, 02:00 AM   #22
Rookie

trackstar121388's Arena

Quote:

Are you going to be altering Baez's defensive ratings more than in your sheet? Since most consider him the top defensive second baseman and some even think he's one of the top defenders in the league
Old 04-03-2017, 07:38 AM   #23
Pro

Figment's Arena

Quote:
Are you going to be altering Baez's defensive ratings more than in your sheet? Since most consider him the top defensive second baseman and some even think he's one of the top defenders in the league

Yeah, he is the main person that I can't really give him an update to because he is already at his max. What I did with him last year was just gave him a 20% increase of his fielding and reaction ratings, I'll also probably update his base running and stealing.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:59 AM   #24
Rookie

trackstar121388's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, he is the main person that I can't really give him an update to because he is already at his max. What I did with him last year was just gave him a 20% increase of his fielding and reaction ratings, I'll also probably update his base running and stealing.
That makes sense. So just multiplying his reaction and fielding by .2 then adding that many points. Do you use Jros22's updated speed ratings? He has Beaz at a 74 in speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »