Home

Off-Season Roster

This is a discussion on Off-Season Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-26-2023, 10:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Off-Season Roster

Hello, I wanted to get started on updating rosters for the off-season. Which is the best base to do this? Preferably one that has the most faces updated, Legends replaced, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2023, 07:56 PM   #2
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Re: Off-Season Roster

yeah this is something I like to work on and release by Xmas time each year.

adding in service time is time consuming but I am not even sure it is worth it because the player needs stats to kill the rookie status and you can't export NON CAPs to do that trick.

But when the season ends at the end of October I will no doubt start working on that stuff and moving free agents and swapping for open slots.

as for a Base? well I guess just the usual full Minors from Sep 1st I will use. and it still has Wander Franco in it pending what the hell is gonna happen there.
Old 10-09-2023, 03:35 PM   #3
Rookie

Please please use OS Full Equipment Edit by
DavisAC12 amazing base to use��
Old 10-09-2023, 03:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Please please use OS Full Equipment Edit by
DavisAC12 amazing base to use🔥
Old 10-10-2023, 01:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
yeah this is something I like to work on and release by Xmas time each year.

adding in service time is time consuming but I am not even sure it is worth it because the player needs stats to kill the rookie status and you can't export NON CAPs to do that trick.

But when the season ends at the end of October I will no doubt start working on that stuff and moving free agents and swapping for open slots.

as for a Base? well I guess just the usual full Minors from Sep 1st I will use. and it still has Wander Franco in it pending what the hell is gonna happen there.
Yeah, I'm not even going as far as to touch service time. Mine will mostly be "you can DL it and play exhibition games with updated moves" or hop into a season if you want. For long-term franchise play, probably not the set to use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2023, 02:29 AM   #6
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Ahh ok no worries.

Well for anyone interested I’m gonna start the off season moving around work with the teams out of the playoffs and start doing service time edits I want to stay on top of it early
Old 10-17-2023, 02:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Ahh ok no worries.

Well for anyone interested I’m gonna start the off season moving around work with the teams out of the playoffs and start doing service time edits I want to stay on top of it early
I haven't been able to get to this yet (and Spider-Man 2 coming out on Friday doesn't help), but you're probably safe releasing guys that are going to be free agents on Playoff teams as well.

I'm working on getting a list of guys who have announced their retirement that are in the game so I can overwrite them with a blank player space. So far all I have is, off the top of my head,:Trevor May, Miguel Cabrera, and Adam Wainwright lol I haven't really gone through the free agents to see if there are older guys who have confirmed they are retiring during the year.
Old 10-19-2023, 12:26 AM   #8
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Excellent do share your retirement list that be the first thing I need to do is have blank slots open ready to move guys over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »