Home

Old 06-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #17
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Canadian
I'm loving the draft right now....picked up 3 A's and 2 B's with my jays franchise.
Wow that's pretty good! In mine I picked up 2 B's 2 D's and 1 F.

But i would like to see improvements to the draft. In my draft most of the prospects i scouted weren't even in the draft...
Old 06-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
Wow that's pretty good! In mine I picked up 2 B's 2 D's and 1 F.

But i would like to see improvements to the draft. In my draft most of the prospects i scouted weren't even in the draft...

Ya, I was very lucky. I knew how many A's and B's were there when I started by looking at my scouting and I picked one and thought that the rest would be gone by the time my pick came around again but the AI kept picking other players and I just kept picking up my top prospects. Would be nice if they had something that when you picked a player they compared the player to someone in the league already so you get an idea who there gonna be like.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:24 AM   #19
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Canadian
Ya, I was very lucky. I knew how many A's and B's were there when I started by looking at my scouting and I picked one and thought that the rest would be gone by the time my pick came around again but the AI kept picking other players and I just kept picking up my top prospects. Would be nice if they had something that when you picked a player they compared the player to someone in the league already so you get an idea who there gonna be like.
Just got done with my draft as the Dodgers, 1 C, 1 D, 1 A. Got my A in the 3rd round which was pretty sweet
Old 06-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

For me since it's the first MLB The Show in 4 years..... is the fact that you draft in June and forget about the guys till the next season. For me I'm not even thinking about who I drafted. I don't even remember the position at this point. I know he was a B and that was all. I think 3b? haha

It'd be nice if they expanded the roster level to make sure when drafted you can plug them right in. Like a hidden cap level. I think its like 60 or something right now per team or what ever? Make it 65 but you cant plug people in that till the draft is over or something? I dunno? It'd make it more fun because you get to see them in play as soon as you've signed them!

I for one would like to see a full A team or at least stats. I love MILB so I like development.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #21
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Im not sure how much more the game can do with it to make it bot fun and realistic.
It'd be more fun and realistic to let you draft more players. The player pool is comically thin. You have 3 different rosters to fill out (plus class-A), and you're lucky to get 5 rounds to pick each year. You need more lifeblood than that for your organization.

Also, it'd be more fun and realistic if other teams actually valued their draft picks. Guys are constantly getting turned loose in free agency an offseason or two after being drafted because teams don't take player development seriously. And it ain't just teams cutting their losses after picking a bad player with no potential (although, with AAA, AA and Class-A to fill out, it'd be more realistic if they still kept the stinkers just to fill out their rosters with bodies). They let promising prospects walk plenty too.

Kind of takes away the fun of it when you know you could easily cherry pick promising young prospects by scooping them up even after missing out on them in the draft. There's no pressure to pick well when you get 2nd and 3rd chances at picking up most players anyway.

Plus, the draft classes are just terrible cosmetically. Players all seem to have the same stances and deliveries and equipment. So there's no individuality or personality to anybody coming in in the amateur draft, outside of maybe having an unusual name.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »