Home

Old 02-01-2014, 10:49 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
2014 Blue Jays

Maybe it's superstitious, but I think it might be good idea to make 2014 thread since:
1.It's 2014....
2.We really need to move on from 2013

Raptors and Leafs on their way to making playoffs, would be awesome if Jays did too to do something that had never been done before(All 3 pro Toronto teams making playoffs in same year).

Pitchers/Catchers report in less than 2 weeks, and Spring Training begins the final week of the month!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2014 Blue Jays

I gotta say im happy the team didn't announce they were going to have new BP hats, than unveiled what they did or I woulda been PI$$ed!!!
From an avid Hat wearer, the BP hats are a lot more comfortable than the On Fields, say what you will I live and was born in Ontario that Leaf is seriously Lame, Its not the Toronto Canadians.
Canada's team whatever, theres a leaf in the symbol that's good enough. Wish they did the throwback 93 hat as the BP hats all blue with the Circle symbol. Or even the new Circle symbol, but they know that makes money on its own as im sure you guys have seen that hat around. But again its not the BP model and fabric
Old 02-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #3

Majingir's Arena

lol, the Blue Jays choice of song for their commercial to hype up the season is so fitting.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

So it looks like Ubaldo Jiminez will sign with the O's....I saw the other day Alex Anthopoulos saying that the Jays are trying to get another starter but what it looks like to me and everyone else is just hot air coming from a guy who's sitting on his *** doing NOTHING.

I'm sorry, I'm usually an AA supporter but we've had all offseason to address weaknesses on this club and the Blue Jays haven't even registered a blip on the radar in terms of actual signings or rumors other than that premature report from Ken Rosenthal a week or so back.

This is just disgusting and if this team falls flat on its face AA is going to be looking for a new job come 2015.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 02-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
So it looks like Ubaldo Jiminez will sign with the O's....I saw the other day Alex Anthopoulos saying that the Jays are trying to get another starter but what it looks like to me and everyone else is just hot air coming from a guy who's sitting on his *** doing NOTHING.

I'm sorry, I'm usually an AA supporter but we've had all offseason to address weaknesses on this club and the Blue Jays haven't even registered a blip on the radar in terms of actual signings or rumors other than that premature report from Ken Rosenthal a week or so back.

This is just disgusting and if this team falls flat on its face AA is going to be looking for a new job come 2015.
YUP! its too bad they wont let us in the Rogers Centre with FIRE AA signs lol
Well looks like big Erv or nothing. Im betting on nothing since Rogers and company are a bunch of cheap a$$es

Unless he has one of his trade magic up his sleeve looks like the Ninja will be looking for employment in November, I wish he'd just go back to being an assistant. He is a bright guy but not bold enough, No stones. I couldn't believe the Miami trade and even that he was willing to throw off the table unless JOHN BUCK was involved?? owell lets see what happens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

R.A. Dickey is going to be the opening day starter.

Not surprising really.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 02-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #7

Majingir's Arena

If our SP doesn't improve much(if at all), lets at least hope our offense can average like 5 runs per game. Look at the O's last year. Their ERA was about the same as ours, but their offense was much better, and that made for 11 more wins than us. If we can just get our offense to get lots of runs, we might even just overshadow our pitching problems.

Sorta like the Leafs and allowing shots. Leafs allow way too many shots, but because of how much they score,it makes up for that.

Staying healthy is obviously the main key to having a shot at doing good. We finished 9th in the MLB in runs scored,and that was despite the fact that Reyes missed 69 games,Bautista missed 44 games among many other guys all missing games(and JP,who was 1 of only 3 guys to play 120+ games,struck out like crazy)

If everything last year stayed the same but we had healthy Bautista,Reyes(meaning all other guys like Melky,Lawrie,Rasmus still missed all the games they did) I think Jays probably would've come real close to top 5 in the MLB in runs scored.

Unfortunately though, there has been nothing that has happened to make me think same injuries won't happen. We have the same training staff as we did in every one of the past few seasons in which were the most injury filled seasons in franchise history(and were real close to most injury filled in MLB history).
Old 02-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Do you think the lack of movement is due to management?
Maybe they said "Well, that didn't work last year. No more spending!"

I thought Bronson Arroyo would have been a nice fit in Toronto.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »