Home

mkharsh33 MLB 2K12 Sliders: Classic Hitting / Total Control Pitching

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 MLB 2K12 Sliders: Classic Hitting / Total Control Pitching within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #73
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Ok cool. So after I initially aim it, the LS doesn't really come into play?

And yea, I'll probably raise the slider up. I wasn't sure if it was b/c of the sliders or not being used the to pitching controls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 03-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #74
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: mkharsh33 MLB 2K12 Sliders: Classic Hitting / Total Control Pitching

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
It has a lot to do with whether you power it less (keeping it inside the circle) or power it more (outside the circle). You then need to know what the specific pitch type will do based upon where you locate it as your starting point and which way it will break.

I've played a zillion games, so it's a muscle-memory thing for me. I can understand how it's difficult, so just raise your user pitch control to 20 (for you). Once you get better at it, then lower it back down (as eventually you'll dominate).

I'm almost 40, and not the most coordinated guy on 2 feet, nor am I a dominating type of gamer. So please know that my hand reflexes aren't always the best. Don't be afraid to pitch outside of the zone as well. Think like a pitcher. Too many guys want to throw 3 strikes in each at-bat, but it doesn't work that way. Baseball games are SLOOOOOW paced, so you have to give yourself plenty of time to play a game. It's when I start getting in a hurry that I throw too many pitches over the plate, and start swinging at first pitches (which frustrates me).
even 15 pitch control doesn't feel that hard to throw strikes but at least it makes you think twice before throwing. I always try to get the circle as full as possible without going over as that gives you an automatic 75% pitch. what situations do you go outside the circle as opposed to trying to max?

also maxing it is very hard this year I like that a lot
Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #75
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Regarding pitching: yes, it is harder to throw strikes now, and I recognize that. I raised that from 15 to 20 (for user pitch control) and suddenly found myself dominating the pitching end once again...wasn't any fun.
Exactly my feelings. I find with it on 15 there's more variety. I can have a day where my starter is lights out dominant, and days where he gets beat up to a point where I'm feeling physically ill from watching it lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Ok cool. So after I initially aim it, the LS doesn't really come into play?
Don't know this for a fact, but I believe as soon as you move the RS to start the pitch, what you're doing with the LS becomes irrelevant (i.e. the location "locks" as soon as you move the RS). I think I usually just let it go.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #77
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Hi Guys i need some help LOL. I loaded these sliders but for some strange reason im having difficulty pitching everytime i try to pitch i get BAD GESTURE ?? no matter what pitch or location . Any help would be appreciated thanks. I am a PS3 owner .
Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #78
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

I just had a game against Luke Hochevar and Kansas City with a nice little quirk to it...I drew 5 walks off the starter, and 3 in one inning. He was getting really tired and missing the zone a lot, so I was taking pitches and fouling off tough ones to get the BB's. Good game overall that I won 3-1 behind my boy Jacob Turner haha.

Mk, these sliders are seriously great and I think they are just about perfect (3 or 4 days after the game comes out, that's pretty good)
Old 03-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #79
Rookie

Mike_SethT's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm gonna give these a try, I'm starting to feel all star default is to easy for my Yankees franchise. I'm 15-2, has anyone tried these with analog hitting? I'd like to stick to that if the sliders still work well with that setting.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #80
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_SethT
I'm gonna give these a try, I'm starting to feel all star default is to easy for my Yankees franchise. I'm 15-2, has anyone tried these with analog hitting? I'd like to stick to that if the sliders still work well with that setting.
I use it, and it works just fine. I'm 16-9 with my Tigers in my franchise using these sliders (although I'm on my way to 16-10 right now haha, the White Sox jumped on Verlander for 5 earned in the 1st 2 innings)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »