Home

mkharsh33's Sliders...Classic Hitting

This is a discussion on mkharsh33's Sliders...Classic Hitting within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: mkharsh33's Sliders...Classic Hitting

Hey MK thanks for all the work...both the rosters you put out, and these sliders.

I haven't found an answer to this anywhere, so hopefully someone here can answer it. Do the sliders affect games that are simmed? I play Dynasty almost exclusively, and have seen some crazy numbers in some of the game I sim. Obviously things happen, but after a month of the season the Dodgers (who have a well rated pitching staff) have some really bad pitching stats. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

That's a good question... I'm not sure. I guess the only way to tell would be to jack them all up and sim a year and then lower them all and see if there's any difference between the two. But I don't know... Maybe someone might have some input on that...

You might even want to start a new thread and see what kind of feedback you get...
Old 04-13-2010, 07:04 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks so much for all the great work! I was ready to give up on this game when I found your rosters & sliders, and now the game is actually fun. Bully for you!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

question for Mkharsh, i downloaded the sliders off of 2kshare the other day, then i checked the first page of this thread, the sliders were not the same...did you recently change them?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

the sliders here are correct.

are you sure you loaded them after you downloaded and saved them? you have to do that...they don't automatically load.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #46
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

So MK are you still getting good games with this set?
I need to find a way to make the cpu's offense better.
The last 5 games I have played I have given up 0,1,0,2, and 3 runs.
These 5 games were vs the Cards and Nationals so it is not like they were vs teams with bad offenses. It has just gotten way too easy to pitch for some reason. The first 10 or so games using this set I struggled to pitch but the last 10 games I have a 1.80 team ERA!
I think I have just gotten really use to the pitch meter speed and have gotten really good at spotting my pitches.
I think I am going to just start throwing the ball exactly where the catcher wants me to. As I dont always do this, I rarely ever throw the ball high or down the middle even if that is where they want me to throw it. I just cant make myself throw a meat pitch when I know I can throw the ball low and away and strike a guy out.
Do you throw to where the catcher wants you to?
By the way the human offense/cpu pitching sliders are perfect!
I am batting .278 the last 10 games with 12 HRS and I am ave. 4.66 runs over the last 10, like I said perfect!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Ha! It's funny, because I'm starting to get very frustrated. Lack of CPU offense is starting to rear it's ugly head.

So I tried something last night (because I'm mastering the pitching, even with all those things maxed out): I bumped CPU contact to 55 and I was the Rays (Shields pitching) vs. Baltimore (CPU).

What I liked is that I lost 4-3 in the 9th inning. I gave up 12 hits to my 11. Again, this was good. I gave up 2 doubles and a triple - again, good.

But what I HATED: the CPU swung FIRST PITCH a TON...in 2 consecutive innings I was able to get ground ball outs on 1st pitches - so I threw a combined SIX pitches in the 2nd and 3rd innings... that just sucks. I only struck out ONE batter...

So here's the deal: the difference between CPU contact at 55 from 50 is HUGE... not only do they make better contact, but they SWING at everything, early & often.

I was also able to induce FIVE double play balls... this might have just an anomaly because Shields is a groundball pitcher... But it's just too many.

I hate to say it, but this game is just too flawed, and I'm finding it hard (once again) to enjoy. Once you get the pitching mechanics down, it's just too easy.

I'm going to try another game with it at 55, using a lesser rated pitcher and see what happens. Then I'm going to try it with an elite pitcher and see if I can strike anyone out.

If not, then I don't know what to do...
Old 04-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #48
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

What about trying "classic" pitching??

Also what about lowering pitcher composer?
My thinking is maybe with it at 100 once you get a few guys in a row out the pitchers composer becomes too high. Therefore with it high they no longer allow any runs.

Last edited by jake44np; 04-15-2010 at 10:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »