Home

How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13
How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

Hello everyone!

With people having the early release already and people in the USA being able to buy it today, I thought I might as well create this thread. Same principles as last year.

Basically like the title 'How is your Connected Careers going? Who are you, what games have you played and what are you hoping to achieve!
I will post my career once I have played a fair amount as I am in the UK but hopefully it will come a day early.

Feel free to post Box Scores too and anything regarding your Career! http://dynasties.operationsports.com...id=1&sport=nfl

Have fun!

Last edited by MaddenSaints; 08-28-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

Early release came out yesterday for UK so I got a good 6 hours in by the time my slow connection had downloaded it!

Started up as the Pats...unrealstically gave up a lot of Tebow but I dont care. Mallet, 2013 1st and 2014 3rd to be precise. I'm a Tebow guy, I wont apologise for it!

Also brought Ocho back (I refuse to call him Johnson), aswell as Addai and T.O once Seattle released him. Addai got cut after 1 week when he fumbled twice in his first game.

Traded Shiancoe + 2013 3rd for Jonathan Stewert which improves my running game.

Went 2-2 in the pre season. Tebow outperformed Brady, but the latter had a smaller sample size to choose from.

Currently 3-0 in the regular season. Narrowly beat Titans and Cardinals (with an injured Fitz thankfully!) and then crushed the Ravens. Brady has thrown 3 picks in each game though which is worrying.

Really enjoying it so far!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWWROCKS
Early release came out yesterday for UK so I got a good 6 hours in by the time my slow connection had downloaded it!

Started up as the Pats...unrealstically gave up a lot of Tebow but I dont care. Mallet, 2013 1st and 2014 3rd to be precise. I'm a Tebow guy, I wont apologise for it!

Also brought Ocho back (I refuse to call him Johnson), aswell as Addai and T.O once Seattle released him. Addai got cut after 1 week when he fumbled twice in his first game.

Traded Shiancoe + 2013 3rd for Jonathan Stewert which improves my running game.

Went 2-2 in the pre season. Tebow outperformed Brady, but the latter had a smaller sample size to choose from.

Currently 3-0 in the regular season. Narrowly beat Titans and Cardinals (with an injured Fitz thankfully!) and then crushed the Ravens. Brady has thrown 3 picks in each game though which is worrying.

Really enjoying it so far!
Sounds awesome mate! Loving the start to your Career, keep it up! Looking to take the Pat's to another Superbowl? haha well done mate!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
Sounds awesome mate! Loving the start to your Career, keep it up! Looking to take the Pat's to another Superbowl? haha well done mate!
Regular season schedule looks ok, but defense really is awful for Pats and that could easily cost me in the playoffs. Offenses we've faced so far haven't been great. Titans only have CJ to cause problems (and he did)... Cardinals minus Fitz still managed to keep it to a 3 point game...and Rice didnt perform too great for Ravens luckilly for me.

Once I start playing some better teams though it's going to be a struggle.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

I am going to take over at Head Coach for the Saints. Looking to continue the traditional and dominant offensive game but I will need to try and develop my defense in order for them to improve. May need a few WR's to add to my core.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWWROCKS
Regular season schedule looks ok, but defense really is awful for Pats and that could easily cost me in the playoffs. Offenses we've faced so far haven't been great. Titans only have CJ to cause problems (and he did)... Cardinals minus Fitz still managed to keep it to a 3 point game...and Rice didnt perform too great for Ravens luckilly for me.

Once I start playing some better teams though it's going to be a struggle.
Yeh I can see where you are coming from. Dominant offense but average defense. Will be the same when I start my Saints Career. Will have to find a way on how to improve it.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
Rookie

strive's Arena

Played two games tonight.

Took over as the Dallas Cowboys HC. Skip Bayless was not happy about my hiring at all either :/.

Anyways, played a preseason game against the Raiders lost 37-34. Orton threw 4 picks. Ehh I was rusty; simmed the rest. Then in the final week of preseason I stumbled upon Jonny Knox in FA pool and signed him. I ended up dealing Ogletree for a 3rd and 7th round pick from the Titans to make room for him. They had like two WRs go down in preseason.

First regular season game against the Giants went amazing. First play is a coop in score for DeMarcus Ware, very next possession Morris Claiborne grabs a 74 yard pick six. Dream start for my Cowboys. 14-0 and the offense hasn't even taken the field. Ended up winning 33-13. Murray had 126 yards rushing and 53 receiving as well as receiving TD. Kicked four field goals in the red zone.

Next game against the Seahawks. Marshawn Lynch went off. 264 yards on 34 carries. Luckily they had 3 redzone turnovers, so his monster game only translated into 13 points. I got a KO return from Felix to open the game, and Murray busted an 83 yard run. Knox took a 5 yard slant 63 yards as well. I ended up pulling away 38-13.

I'm playing on All Madden, slow, 15 minute quarters, 10 sec accelerated clock. Didn't feel like messing with sliders, and prob will have found/created some decent ones by the end of the season (i hope anyways), and then will switch them in for next season.

Dez and Miles are having a terrible start. Neither has been effective and had lots of drops as well. Witten has had stone hands as well so far, dropping at least half a dozen passes already. I have not commited a turnover yet this season, while taking it away six times already.

Looking forward to the next game versus the Bucs. Ray Rice is having a monster year and so is Von Miller. Miller already has 6 sacks through two games and Ray Rice already has 450 yards.

Although Tom Brady has bested them both with 10 TDs through two games so far, and 729 passing yards.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm the 3rd string QB for the Rams. Just finished the preseason 2-2. All the older receivers got cut to give the young guys a shot a playing. The only problem is all I get are practice reps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »