Home

Is Madden 12 actually underselling 11?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 12 actually underselling 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Is Madden 12 actually underselling 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Every year, there are threads made applauding Madden for losing sales since the license.

Every year, like clockwork, Madden is still manufactured.

Do we know if DLC, MUT and Madden Moments are factored into the final sales numbers?
This!!! No matter what people think or feel Madden will still come out every August.....
Old 01-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

HAHAHA!!!! U guys are funny. It's called a contract. MLB2k series has been losing money every year, yet they still making a game. Madden been losing money for the last 3 years and will see MADDEN14 as well. They are obligated too developing a game every year, even if they lose money. DLC and MUT isn't that much of a factor either. MADDEN11 was 5.4 million units sold globally, MADDEN12 has just passed 4million units as of Jan 2012. So there is a big factor here, and with the doubling of the team and new blood, EA knows there game sucks and hopefully they'll be fixing it.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
HAHAHA!!!! U guys are funny. It's called a contract. MLB2k series has been losing money every year, yet they still making a game. Madden been losing money for the last 3 years and will see MADDEN14 as well. They are obligated too developing a game every year, even if they lose money. DLC and MUT isn't that much of a factor either. MADDEN11 was 5.4 million units sold globally, MADDEN12 has just passed 4million units as of Jan 2012. So there is a big factor here, and with the doubling of the team and new blood, EA knows there game sucks and hopefully they'll be fixing it.
I heard MUT was a big money maker for them. Is that not true, anymore?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

LOL...roadman, what's up man!!! DO u believe that MUT and the DLC really make that much of a factor when consumers start playing the game and find out that not that much has changed with a couple of improvements. People going to be like why should I spend more than $65 when the game is almost like last years, come on Roadman, u know better than that.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
LOL...roadman, what's up man!!! DO u believe that MUT and the DLC really make that much of a factor when consumers start playing the game and find out that not that much has changed with a couple of improvements. People going to be like why should I spend more than $65 when the game is almost like last years, come on Roadman, u know better than that.
What's up, ad? Happy New Year.

I don't know, if someone loves playing MUT, I don't see why not. Personally, I don't play it, but I know it's a money maker and it isn't going anywhere.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #14
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Every year, there are threads made applauding Madden for losing sales since the license.

Every year, like clockwork, Madden is still manufactured.

Do we know if DLC, MUT and Madden Moments are factored into the final sales numbers?
None of those are factored into sales numbers as far as I know. I never tried to imply Madden was losing money, in fact I'm 100% sure it isn't. I was just pointing out that it appeared 11 was outselling 12.

A continued decline in sales of a franchise could mean a lot of different things for the game besides it's demise or the end of exclusivity. Whether or not dlc makes up the different, I doubt EA wants this franchise stagnate or be on a slow decline.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
None of those are factored into sales numbers as far as I know. I never tried to imply Madden was losing money, in fact I'm 100% sure it isn't. I was just pointing out that it appeared 11 was outselling 12.

A continued decline in sales of a franchise could mean a lot of different things for the game besides it's demise or the end of exclusivity. Whether or not dlc makes up the different, I doubt EA wants this franchise stagnate or be on a slow decline.
KJ, I don't disagree with anything you said, but I'm sure Tibouron is more in tune of where they are financially then we are.

I thought I recall reading earlier on they were boasting they had more sales vs last year, and I think that included the DLC stuff.

I could be wrong on that, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

If it is accurate in saying, in fact, that M11 is going to have outsold M12. Then I would say its a direct relation to the product they produced for M11. I didn't purchase M12 this year b/c of the product I got in M11.

If M12 was an improvement over M11, then let's see if the sales improve for the M13 edition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »