Home

Do You Use Slide Protection?

This is a discussion on Do You Use Slide Protection? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #33
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Do You Use Slide Protection?

Even the devs will tell you that it is for passing line audibles.

Please run a sweep left and audible your line to block right and see if the line all goes right and leaves you out to dry. It's not gonna happen.

Again. Disturbing.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

It needs a lot of work. It sets up bad IMO. The side you slide to, you will notice the Tackle on that side move inside and allow the guard to slide outside of him That's bad.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

The slide protection seems to be better by default than last years, although it could just be my imagination.

The only time I really use slide protection now is for PA Passes where I have to rollout to one side and pass the ball. I've noticed that this will result in an extra 2-3 seconds to throw the ball. Sometimes the blocking will be so good that I can just run down the field if there's no one open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #36
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I find the number of people that use line adjustments for running rather... alarming. These are pass protection audibles. They do not affect the run blocking schemes.

This isn't the first time I have seen people say they do this and it is just as puzzling to me today as it has always been.
Maddenball! You almost have to ignore your football knowledge...
Old 09-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

I use them often, especially on running plays. I feel they really help me run and get lanes.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:

Please run a sweep left and audible your line to block right and see if the line all goes right and leaves you out to dry. It's not gonna happen.

Again. Disturbing.

on your sweep example, I don't expect my line to RUN to the right. it's about frontside or backside blocking. if the sweep is left with slide blocking right they'd still run left but block facing the backside of the play and try to seal off the edge so the back could get to the sideline. with slide blocking left, they'd obviously still run left but block facing the frontside of the play and let the back cut back to the middle of the field.

I'd love to know where the devs are quoted as saying slide protection doesn't affect running. link? IF this is true, it's changed from m10.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 09-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #39
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Do You Use Slide Protection?

Quote:

Again. Disturbing.
  • yeah devs will also tell you that there has never been a rubber band AI but haven't enough of us seen scrub players who couldn't catch a cold for 3 1/2 quarter turn into Randy Moss on crack in the final 2 minutes that we can safely say that devs are sometimes FoS?
  • And on sweep left if I shift right then im hoping to get the seal block on the DE/OLB. If I sweep left and shift left then it should be more of a lead block situation but that has never worked properly in madden(unless the defense just happened to call exactly the wrong play) because the DE usually blows the play up from behind and blockers have never sought out the proper defenders to block.

Again....imo...i have MUCH more success running sweeps when i pinch the line or shift opposite of the direction of the sweep and this is especially true when the DE is inside the TE on the sweep side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 09-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Again. Disturbing.
The only thing here that is disturbing is your air of arrogance over a matter that is not clear cut black and white.

Instead of talking down to people because you have a piece of info, why not share it kindly. Generally, that's what these forums are for. Again. Disturbing.

Obviously you think you know all about this feature, but A LOT of other people have varying opinions. You've simply stated this is a hard fact from the dev's, but still no link? If it's true, back up your statement instead of just repeating yourself. Again. Disturbing.

I'm not claiming to know everything about m11. In fact, the lack of instruction booklet or manual really leaves a lot of stuff wide open. Which is exactly why I wanted more info on a feature change. if this actually has changed for m11, it's brand new to this year. the fact is that in ALL prior years with line shifts, the blocking was affected on both pass AND run plays. maybe not this year, that's yet to be determined... what's not yet to be determined, is that you think you are better than somebody else because they apparently don't know something about the game you do. Again. Disturbing.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »