Home

First quarter - Falcons (CPU) vs. Chiefs (me)

This is a discussion on First quarter - Falcons (CPU) vs. Chiefs (me) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #57
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: First quarter - Falcons (CPU) vs. Chiefs (me)

The game looks so clean!

I love how they show the stats now in a small box at the bottom of the screen. It was annoying (in 09') to call a play and walk to the LOS with a big stat screen blocking the defense. It's been cleaned up so much and there is less confusion on the screen. Less is more in this case. The game looks incredible!

Clean is the first word that comes to mind when I watched this.

Thanks for the video!

**(Ian, call some blitzes, send some pressure) Your a "bend, don't break" player. jk
Old 06-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #58
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Not sure if any1 pointed this out, but the game clock still ticks down before the play clock starts ticking
that's a good point.. I hope they fix that sometime... It sucks when the longer you watch a cutscene, the farther the game clock ticks down with no penalty to the play clock.... :/
Old 06-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #59
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Game looks very good. My only worry is the week pass rush. Hopefully this gets better as right now the D line gets man handled every play. On the sack it was still
4'ish seconds before it happened.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 20

I think whoever makes the touchdown should be in the celebration cut scene.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

Things i liked:

+ The momentum of the user controlled players look pretty impressive.
+ 5:05 great running play. I love how the CPU made something out of nothing. Run was stuffed up the middle but he flowed untill he found some running room and got a few yards. Great to see.
+ Most of the running animations look improved, although there is still so much twitch involved with changing directions. Seems like the players can only run in 8 directions. Hopefully a rewrite of the running system is due in 11. It will make the game play and look so much smoother.
+ Crowd almost seemed to rumble at the start, like they were all stomping thier feet, seemed pretty cool, hopefully it wasnt just bad compression.
+ Lighting looks very nice

Things I really still hate
- The blocking is still broke. We were all fed this hype about the line being completely redone, well, It looks like the same ole madden idea of mask the real issue by making it look fancy, who cares if it acctually works. The fact is, why are you trying to add all this tech to the line if they still cant figure out who they should be blocking. This has been and still is the number one issue with maddens gameplay. Some of you may be all google eyed over the steering and stuff which is all fine and dandy, but if the dline is still controlled by the o-line, and the o-line still cant figure out who to block, the LINE PLAY IS STILL BROKE! What really worries me is that they wont acknowledge it and with all this new stuff, they will probably not touch it for a few years. If this is still in the demo, I will not be buying this game.

just a couple quick examples I cought right away, and Im sure I could pick out a ton from that vid.
-1st play, wtf is the TE that went in motion doing, he just runs to the sideline like he is lost.
-2:55, It is a pitch to the right, and they line blocks down to the left, which is ok but the right tackle has a guy right in front of him that he litterally had to change directions to get around, and goes for a safety. The guy he ignored obviously hit the back for little gain.

-The d-line stunts are still terrible, they take FOREVER, and the o-line looks ******** just standing there waiting for them to get done with thier stunts so they can block the guy coming right at them.

When are we going to address the real issues with the line play EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #62
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
that's a good point.. I hope they fix that sometime... It sucks when the longer you watch a cutscene, the farther the game clock ticks down with no penalty to the play clock.... :/
Yeah I'm not one of those guys that gets obsessed over every little thing, but the game clock issue annoys me. It's like the only small thing that annoys me.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4

crowd noise is really good!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
.....Except for the fact that the QB "Warped" from the other end of the field into the end zone to celebrate WITHOUT the running back who scored the TD!. That was kinda strange.

If they had an instant replay right after that scoring play, it would look more realistic. Without the replay, having the QB magically appear in the end zone right after the whistle blows looks wacky. Not to mention Larry Johnson not even getting into the celebration... a bug?
The QB was blocking down field and thats why he was near the end zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »