Home

POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

This is a discussion on POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 52
POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

I have read a couple of random posts from people saying that their Franchise is freezing in year 2 or year 3. This is STRICTLY for freezes happening in the menus of Franchise mode - NOT IN GAME.

If this is happening to you - please post with as many details as possible.

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt?
- Are you using updated rosters?
- Did you do a fantasy draft?
- What team(s) are you using?
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly?
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time?
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance?
- Etc. etc.

Thanks all. We have heard basically zero issues regarding Franchise mode stability from our Customer Service department, so reading this from a few people means I really need to get more info.

- Ian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing

Yes to freezing in Franchise.

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? No

- Are you using updated rosters? Only EA's update untouched with the exception of signing LB Erin Henderson to the Vikings.

- Did you do a fantasy draft? No

- What team(s) are you using? Minnesota

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? Depth chart screen and when I view rosters.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? It freezes at random times. I have re-created the depth chart freeze two different times though.

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? I can advance but I have to restart. I'm only in pre-season in year 1 however.

Playing on the 360 Elite....regular edition

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing

alright guys by now you should know the drill, but we'll go over the rules of thread anyways.

***THIS IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY WARNING***

*THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD

*THIS IS FOR FRANCHISE MENUS ONLY. PERIOD. DO NOT POST IN HERE IF ITS HAPPENING IN GAME

*To make it easier for Ian to gather information, please follow the template that he has laid out. If you want him to help, make it easy for him to view your post.

*Anyone who fails to follow the above rules will have their post deleted and are subject to infractions. People, Ian is trying to help. Cluttering the thread with discussion, off topic posts, or troll posts do not help and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 08-24-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? No

- Are you using updated rosters? Yes, EA's update with multiple changes to the packers roster only.

- Did you do a fantasy draft? No

- What team(s) are you using? Packers

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? After picking players to train - i.e. when I select advance to training it freezes on the loading screen

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yes

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? Yes, it can be avoided at the cost of not training players

Xbox 360 - regular edition

Last edited by Kohlstar20; 08-24-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

Did you import any draft classes - no

Are you using updated rosters - first franchise no, second franchise yes

Did you do a fantasy draft - no

What teams are you using - Lions and Chiefs

Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? Game would freeze every time we tried to train our players after the preseason of year 2. We started simulating training to get around it but it starting freezing every time a save was attempted after game 2 of season 2. This happens for quick save or manual save.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yes, all I have to do is load it and try to save it and it freezes, every time.

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? Franchise is completely stuck, short of leaving it on until the end of time, it no longer will save.

- Etc. etc. Experience in game freezing, this seemed to be stopped by turning system off after each game before playing new season, experienced training freeze, stopped by simulating training, not happy about it, but now have finally gotten to the point where there is no way around it. Please do something about this as the game is essentially a $60 demo in its current state, it is pretty but unplayable.

PS3 regular edition

Last edited by Kevin462606; 08-24-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I already PMed you all these details but I didn't get any response. I'd suggest you jump over to the EA forums with hundreds of people having this problem.

Freezes for me begin happening in the second year of franchise mode. I believe it happens to most people in the third season.
- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? Imported draft class, but not corrupt files.
- Are you using updated rosters? My first franchise, no. My second franchise, yes.
- Did you do a fantasy draft? No.
- What team(s) are you using? Redskins.
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? Several different screens. The "Loading" screen before player drills; the "Simulating..." screen between weeks (this happened when trying to use the "Sim all this week's games" option); simply pressing A to bring up the simulating options screen on the weekly schedule; trying to save/load games from franchise mode (as soon as the A button is pressed to either save or load).
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yes.
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? The freeze can be avoided by skipping certain tasks. For example, when the player drills freeze occured, I was able to bypass it by simulating the player drills. When the "Sim all this week's game" freeze occurred, I was able to get around that by simming each game individually. No matter what, the first time a freeze happens the franchise mode starts freezing up after that. If you bypass one freeze, another one will occur soon after.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

Hi... u need to go to your EA forums because these issues are being discussed there!??!?!

Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt?- NO
- Are you using updated rosters? YES
- Did you do a fantasy draft? NO
- What team(s) are you using? VIKINGS, CHIEFS.
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly?
1. IN THE 2ND SEASON I CAN'T TRAIN ANY PLAYERS AFTER WEEK 1 PRESEASON- THE GAME FREEZES ON THE LOADING SCREEN- I CAN SIMULATE TRAINING. THE ONLY WAY OUT IS TO QUIT GAME- I CAN USE THE PS BUTTON TO DO SO.

2. IN THE 3RD SEASON I CAN'T SAVE THE GAME AT ALL- THE GAME FREEZES IN QUICK SAVE, MANUAL SAVE AND SAVE AS A DIFFERENT NAME OPTION. THE ONLY WAY OUT IS TO QUIT GAME- PS BUTTON WORKS.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? YES

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance?
1.TRAINING FREEZE CAN BE AVOIDED BY NOT TRAINING PLAYERS EVER.
2. SAVE FREEZE CAN'T BE AVOIDED BECAUSE I CAN'T SAVE THE GAME.

- Etc. etc...
1. IN FRANCHISE MODE MY PLAYERS PROGRESSION WAS NEVER SHOWN IN "PLAYER MANAGEMENT" AREA BUT WAS IN "DEPTH CHART" AREA?!?!

2. IN MY 1ST DRAFT, EVERY PLAYER SELECTED IN 1ST ROUND WAS A QB???

3. SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY SALARY CAP... END OF 1ST SEASON- I HAD 34M IN SPACE LEFT. START OF 2ND SEASON I WAS 9M OVER SALARY CAP BUT I DIDN'T SIGN OR RESIGN ANYONE SO I COULDN'T SIGN MY DRAFT PLAYERS THEN START OF 3RD SEASON I HAD 30M CAP SPACE AGAIN???

I SENT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE MOST OF THIS DAYS AGO BUT NEVER RECEIVED A RESPONSE- (INCIDENT #-080821-003286)
Old 08-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? No.

- Are you using updated rosters? Yes.

- Did you do a fantasy draft? No.

- What team(s) are you using? 49ers / Jaguars / Chiefs.

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? Like others have said - attempting to train players. Likewise when attempting to sign draft picks after the first year, and when simulating games during the regular season.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Not currently. Though I am confident it's easy to re-create.

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? I have been unsuccessful in avoiding any freezing throughout three different Franchises. Granted I haven't tried any workarounds to advance, but I really shouldn't preform tests on games after they've gone gold.

360 Elite. Regular Edition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »