Home

Edits to fix up this game

This is a discussion on Edits to fix up this game within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #57
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Edits to fix up this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I don't think it's an issue of relative awareness/recognition; it's that play recognition for defensive backs registers as blown assignments once it dips below a certain level. I don't think that's bad. I just noticed it as the play tests added up. I'm sensing that PRC in the 50s will lead to a decent amount of these.

Here's something I want to look further at: Throw Power. A lot of the passes defensed by DBs seem to come as a result of the ball just taking a really long time to get there. I wonder what difference it makes to look at that.
I'd tend to agree with that - McCourty got torn up when i used the pats - As he should - He did make some plays so I don't think it went too far

That's interesting - I'll look at that Sunday as well
Old 01-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4

i have found that whoever has the highest PRC is gonna get the most solo tackles in simmed games throughout the season.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:14 AM   #59
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I don't think it's an issue of relative awareness/recognition; it's that play recognition for defensive backs registers as blown assignments once it dips below a certain level. I don't think that's bad. I just noticed it as the play tests added up. I'm sensing that PRC in the 50s will lead to a decent amount of these.

Here's something I want to look further at: Throw Power. A lot of the passes defensed by DBs seem to come as a result of the ball just taking a really long time to get there. I wonder what difference it makes to look at that.

PRC and AWR will kill DBs if it's low. That's one problem with my Bucs secondary. They all have good physical skills - they are still maturing their AWR and PRC aside from my ace CB Freeman. He's lock down, the rest blow stuff or miss reads.

I'd worry about making it too low. You do want some blown coverages, but I don't think even an average DB blows a lot of coverages. It's more subtle than that, imo.

Re: Throw Power - I agree with you, and I think that's one difference in game speed. Higher game speeds make the passes get there quick and I've gotten less deflections. One game I had, literally, two - both by CB Freeman. So I think if you up the velocity on throws, it should help.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #60
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
i have found that whoever has the highest PRC is gonna get the most solo tackles in simmed games throughout the season.
That's good - Means the tiering system is going to work for that as well on defense
Old 01-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #61
MVP

Icy4me's Arena

OVR: 15

I made the Packers wide outs aw like this: G.Jennings 85, J.Nelson 85, D.Driver 80, J.Finley 80, J.Johns 77, and R.Cobb 70. Since Rodgers spreads the ball to everyone, or should I keep it were it is atm or lower their aw ratings?

Also, Razzar do you use a formula for aw and pr ratings for the CBs? Or do you rate them on how they have performed this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #62
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I tried again last night to look at OT Pass Block Strength vs DE Power Move ratings. When I gave Carimi an 80 in PBS and Idonije a 74 in Power Move, Carimi pretty much stoned him throughout. When reversed, Idonije basically won with his first move almost every time.

I started playing the game in mid Dec so I grabbed the latest roster update at that time and have gone from there. In looking at the espn video game site with the default rosters, there are alot of interesting ratings for OT and DE in these categories. Wouldn't think they would change that much, but who knows.

Playing my first franchise game with the Bears vs Atlanta, I was using some suggestions from the "Too much DT Pressure" thread. I had OT lowered in some pass blocking ratings, but one that I didn't touch was PBS. I actually played parts of this game alot to see how the ratings worked, before I finally played it "for real". I always had trouble with Peppers vs their LT Sam Baker. In looking at the ratings, Baker has a 94 PBS rating and Peppers has an 86 PMV (Power Move). So I think this is why he was handling Peppers one on one easily.

The funny thing is that Idonije has an 87 PMV and Wootton who is Peppers backup has an 88. Both of these are too high IMO, if this is a big key in what determines who wins these battles between the OT & DE. Also interesting for the OT's is that the RT always seems to have higher ratings when editing the PBS for each OT. By that I mean that once you lower it for the LT and RT, the RT seems to end up with the higher overall rating. I only looked at this for three teams, but it was the case for all three. Just seemed odd knowing that the left DE always has gotten more pressure in Madden the the right DE. Almost like the RT has to be puffed up to overcome some kind of logic or coding flaw in the game.

Maybe I am way off base, who knows. Trojan Man may be right in that the Pass Block Footwork also plays a part. I think these two ratings and DE Power moves may need to be tiered based on how good the player is. To tie into that, how do the sliders affect this as well? Kind of a mess, lol.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #63
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I tried again last night to look at OT Pass Block Strength vs DE Power Move ratings. When I gave Carimi an 80 in PBS and Idonije a 74 in Power Move, Carimi pretty much stoned him throughout. When reversed, Idonije basically won with his first move almost every time.

I started playing the game in mid Dec so I grabbed the latest roster update at that time and have gone from there. In looking at the espn video game site with the default rosters, there are alot of interesting ratings for OT and DE in these categories. Wouldn't think they would change that much, but who knows.

Playing my first franchise game with the Bears vs Atlanta, I was using some suggestions from the "Too much DT Pressure" thread. I had OT lowered in some pass blocking ratings, but one that I didn't touch was PBS. I actually played parts of this game alot to see how the ratings worked, before I finally played it "for real". I always had trouble with Peppers vs their LT Sam Baker. In looking at the ratings, Baker has a 94 PBS rating and Peppers has an 86 PMV (Power Move). So I think this is why he was handling Peppers one on one easily.

The funny thing is that Idonije has an 87 PMV and Wootton who is Peppers backup has an 88. Both of these are too high IMO, if this is a big key in what determines who wins these battles between the OT & DE. Also interesting for the OT's is that the RT always seems to have higher ratings when editing the PBS for each OT. By that I mean that once you lower it for the LT and RT, the RT seems to end up with the higher overall rating. I only looked at this for three teams, but it was the case for all three. Just seemed odd knowing that the left DE always has gotten more pressure in Madden the the right DE. Almost like the RT has to be puffed up to overcome some kind of logic or coding flaw in the game.

Maybe I am way off base, who knows. Trojan Man may be right in that the Pass Block Footwork also plays a part. I think these two ratings and DE Power moves may need to be tiered based on how good the player is. To tie into that, how do the sliders affect this as well? Kind of a mess, lol.
Awesome stuff--the more ideas and impressions the better!

I'm gone through so many versions of OL adjustments that it's hard to remember.

What I do seem to remember is that interior lineman are often strong enough, but they're severely lacking in agility and footwork. This is the only reason I can think of that would make it possible for DT to whip them regularly, as well as ILB without good pass rush abilities.

I'm a proponent of editing as few ratings as possible and even doing that to as limited a degree as possible.

On a different note, something that Razr and I have talked about is the way that Madden's build sucks the RILB into blocks almost all the time. This makes it tough for them to be active. In order to combat this, I suggest raising awareness, play recognition, and pursuit for RILB who actually are good into the mid 80s.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #64
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Awesome stuff--the more ideas and impressions the better!

I'm gone through so many versions of OL adjustments that it's hard to remember.

What I do seem to remember is that interior lineman are often strong enough, but they're severely lacking in agility and footwork. This is the only reason I can think of that would make it possible for DT to whip them regularly, as well as ILB without good pass rush abilities.

I'm a proponent of editing as few ratings as possible and even doing that to as limited a degree as possible.

On a different note, something that Razr and I have talked about is the way that Madden's build sucks the RILB into blocks almost all the time. This makes it tough for them to be active. In order to combat this, I suggest raising awareness, play recognition, and pursuit for RILB who actually are good into the mid 80s.
Thanks and thanks for all your input as well! Based on everything you guys came up with, I made a tiered chart for the G & C to help with the DT pass rush issue.

PASS BLOCK/PASS BLOCK STRENGTH/PASS BLOCK FOOTWORK – TO HELP WITH DT PASS RUSH ISSUE

GREAT PLAYERS:
PASS BLOCK = 95
PASS BLOCK STRENGTH = 90
PASS BLOCK FOOTWORK = 95

GOOD/AVR PLAYERS:
PASS BLOCK = 85
PASS BLOCK STRENGTH = 80
PASS BLOCK FOOTWORK = 85

BACKUPS:
PASS BLOCK = 75
PASS BLOCK STRENGTH = 70
PASS BLOCK FOOTWORK = 75

AGILITY maybe is another one to add to the mix. In looking at the Bears default roster, the OL & DL isn't that far apart, but the DL does have a slight advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »