Home

Progression Problem

This is a discussion on Progression Problem within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-28-2020, 06:32 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Progression Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by moTIGS
Problem with this theory is it requires you to not play rookies to ensure they don't progress, which is unrealistic. What's the point of running a franchise if you can't draft and play young players?
I don't mean that you shouldn't use rookies, rather you should limit their progression by either editing then down or picking their weakest archetype on levelling.
By no means is it the perfect fix, but having a fun franchise in Madden means getting creative and I find my ways limits the time you spend fighting against the game to make it feel in any way realistic.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:02 PM   #10
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

It would be convenient if Madden devs got every single thing in franchise right, but they haven't, so we really have to take a hands on approach to our franchises to keep them fresh, fun, and a bit more realistic.

One issue I notice, as all of you have, is rookies don't get starting roles as they should which limits play time resulting in slower development. I personally review each teams roster pre game and change them to user controlled and adjust the roster to get the younger guys in the right spot. A first round 74ovr shouldn't be the 4th CB on a roster behind a 8th year 75 ovr rated player. So I bump him up to the 2nd, 3rd, or possibly the 1st slot depending on the other players, as well as play them as slot receiver if they're a fit. You could also do something like review the end of year OROY and DROY's and give each player an awareness boost depending on where they rank. I believe the winner already gets a dev trait upgrade plus 20000xp points or something like that. But say for instance.. give the 1-3 guys a +6 awr boost, 4-7 guys a +4 boost, and 8-10 a 2+ boost. This would be 20 rookies all getting deserving increases.

Just an idea.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:24 PM   #11
MVP

Before advancing from the super bowl go through rosters and anyone 31 or older that is below a 77 drop their awareness 40 points. Many will retire and many will no longer be starters. It will open up the game for younger players to progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I have the same problem as the OP. I'm going to manually go in and edit more of the younger players around the league to be elite players right now and going forward I will raise the rating of some of the players after the draft since the progression system currently isn't designed in a way for any young player to blow up to a 90+ player in term of ratings during his first 2 or 3 of years.

Ironically the way progression works right now, those old draft classes that had players coming in sometimes at 85-86 OVR would be perfect

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »