Home

That Time of Year Again!

This is a discussion on That Time of Year Again! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-24-2018, 08:50 PM   #25
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: That Time of Year Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Could we begin to consider moving away from the "Omnibus Thread" format, especially as they're stickied at the top of the forum and some of them are ... really stale or unimportant.
I don't get to unilaterally set forum policy on this, but speaking as a user who also generally dislikes the "omnibus" thread format: I think a decent half-step we could take is to introduce new Impressions / Bugs and Glitches / Q&A stickies with each title update to replace the ones posted in August (or at the very least, replace the pinned Impressions post with the news post about each title update as it drops).

With post-launch title updates and the concept of live service products becoming the standard in console games, video games change so much throughout their lifecycle that the Madden impressions from August are sometimes completely invalid in November (you raised that point, and I agree with it). Ensuring that only the most relevant impressions / bug threads are at the top of the forum might help make relevant navigation and discussion a little easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 04:09 AM   #26
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
I understand the let down with gameplay videos but getting to play with your favorite team and/or rookies that came into league is slowly getting me hyped. To each their own, its only a video game and at the end of the day just enjoy it for what it is. Getting to be a boss on the Gridiron against your friends/family/online community. My playing days are over but atleast in madden you get to work out that competitive feeling of facing opponents and beat people down with your favorite team. I can't wait to see some of you in online ranked matches. GO NINERS!!

“Getting to play with your favorite team is getting me hyped.”

It’s already frustrating watching my team in real life. Funnily enough, in M18, I’ve played with every team except for Miami.

And New England. But I’ll stop before that one guy comes in here and insults my football intelligence.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-27-2018, 05:48 PM   #27
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Hi y'all! As a general refresher, here is a link to the Operation Sports Forums Terms of Service, also known as the "TOS" or "ToS".

Context: there's been an uptick in reported posts recently. Most of you are using the Report Post function correctly, and we thank you for your help in keeping the forum as clean as possible as we approach the release of Madden and other sports games.

That said, the forum staff has also observed a sharp increase in the number of posts flagged which do not violate the TOS in any manner whatsoever. Please consider to yourself whether a post is actually a TOS violation before using the Report Post function. In particular, constructive disagreement with a second poster's opinion is not a TOS violation.

Thanks for your consideration, and have a pleasant weekend!

Last edited by CM Hooe; 07-27-2018 at 05:52 PM. Reason: words
Old 08-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I don't get to unilaterally set forum policy on this, but speaking as a user who also generally dislikes the "omnibus" thread format: I think a decent half-step we could take is to introduce new Impressions / Bugs and Glitches / Q&A stickies with each title update to replace the ones posted in August (or at the very least, replace the pinned Impressions post with the news post about each title update as it drops).

With post-launch title updates and the concept of live service products becoming the standard in console games, video games change so much throughout their lifecycle that the Madden impressions from August are sometimes completely invalid in November (you raised that point, and I agree with it). Ensuring that only the most relevant impressions / bug threads are at the top of the forum might help make relevant navigation and discussion a little easier.
To me it would be nice to have multiple threads on things like impressions instead of trying to force everything into one thread. Reading 4 pages of pc graphic cards posts that have nothing to do with me gets boring. It's unorganized and hard to follow. First imressions: pc, first impressions: cfm, first impressions: gameplay ect would make for much better organization for users. Same with tbe q/a thread. This time of year that would be great.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #29
Banned

I think a separate thread for PC impressions would not be a terrible idea.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #30
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I think a separate thread for PC impressions would not be a terrible idea.
I don’t see the need for a different impression thread for PC Madden players when they are playing the same game.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 08-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #31

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I feel that this needs to be stated again and very loudly.

I'm still seeing an excessive amount of trolling on both sides of the coin.

It's imperative to remember that just because you are happy with the game, you aren't absolved from trolling.

It's counter productive to what all of us are here for.

If you are unhappy with that game, that's great. Constructively post your reasons why.

If you are happy with the game, we don't need to see you trolling those who don't like the game. That's what I'm seeing the most.

Let's get together as community and discuss the things we need to rather than bicker with each other about how good this years game is or isn't. We are better than some of the threads I've been reading through lately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #32
Rookie

YMFredo's Arena

I love the idea of Play Now Live, but would love to see options to customize quarter length and uniforms!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »