Home

A Definitive Guide to CPU-CPU, Play the Moment, and Super Sim

This is a discussion on A Definitive Guide to CPU-CPU, Play the Moment, and Super Sim within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-05-2016, 08:24 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: A Definitive Guide to CPU-CPU, Play the Moment, and Super Sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs2nine
Thanks for the quick response, have others asked that same thing? if not, is it something that can be in the next patch? I absolutely love offline franchise this year with cpu vs cpu back. Only think i would change next season is a way to just click on all 32 teams to control like older gen versions, instead of having to click a user assignment to each. Very timely. If that can happen that would be so cool. But thanks for such a GREAT game this year and hearing the fans on CPU vs. CPU. My first Madden buy in 3 years. I will ride this one next year too, unless per chance some of the aforementioned are fixed. Thanks again !
This is possible but you need to use two controllers and make sure to retire the coach for the game you want to play afterwards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #26
Rookie

Denzalo's Arena

OVR: 0

If I change gameplay sliders, will it affect the SuperSim in "slow" mode where you are basically watching the game play?

It's my understanding that gameplay sliders don't affect a fully simmed game (where you don't watch it). But I wondered if that was true for simmed games you watch.

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2016, 02:30 PM   #27
Rookie

Hello there, thank you for this thread, very helpful. I am struggling with one thing. In the opening page you state that you can 'You can skip to end with Super Sim Slow and the game will play out in broadcast cam in full' I can't seem to find this option can you tell me where to find this option and also does it mean that you will NOT be prompted to take over on the 'play the moment' parts?
Old 12-20-2016, 03:23 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 3

Before the game starts, get to the menu options and select super sim. In that screen, hit X (or appropriate PS4 key) to move from Normal to SLOW. Then in the upper left box click that and select "Play the Key Moments". You go back into the game and are watching the kickoff. During this I hit 'B" to exit this screen. Usually you see the kick off and the starting QB get introduced. It should then put you to the options screen. Go down to the bottom left and select go to the "End of Game". For the rest of the game you won't be prompted to join in, and you can watch until you either get the "in game boost" screen which I just tell to never show again (you can continue watching through from this point too) or until your controller dims out. I almost always watch the games with the regular TV snapped so my controller doesn't quit on me.

So it is a 2 step process to get to view the whole game without being prompted to Play the Key Moments.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:17 PM   #29
Rookie

that's great thanks for the help.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:16 PM   #30
Rookie

Matthew25x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzalo
If I change gameplay sliders, will it affect the SuperSim in "slow" mode where you are basically watching the game play?

It's my understanding that gameplay sliders don't affect a fully simmed game (where you don't watch it). But I wondered if that was true for simmed games you watch.

Thanks!
Yes, they absolutely impact the gameplay when you watch on 'slow'. The difficulty level, quarter length, speed parity, playbooks and fatigue will also have an impact from what I've found. And no, none of those things seem to have any significant impact on normal or fast sim speed.

I was 3 seasons into my Browns franchise where I was basically pretending to be the GM, just building a team and spectating from the press box, but now I can't make it through an entire matchup without it freezing at some point. It doesn't totally freeze, it just gets stuck on cut scenes and never moves on. I have yet to figure out what causes this but I will continue to investigate considering I might actually get the Browns into the playoffs and it would suck to lose all that time put into the rebuild. If anyone has a similar issue and/or any ideas, I'd love to hear it.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:11 AM   #31
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew25x
Yes, they absolutely impact the gameplay when you watch on 'slow'. The difficulty level, quarter length, speed parity, playbooks and fatigue will also have an impact from what I've found. And no, none of those things seem to have any significant impact on normal or fast sim speed.

I was 3 seasons into my Browns franchise where I was basically pretending to be the GM, just building a team and spectating from the press box, but now I can't make it through an entire matchup without it freezing at some point. It doesn't totally freeze, it just gets stuck on cut scenes and never moves on. I have yet to figure out what causes this but I will continue to investigate considering I might actually get the Browns into the playoffs and it would suck to lose all that time put into the rebuild. If anyone has a similar issue and/or any ideas, I'd love to hear it.
I was having the same issues until I read a suggestion to go to SUPER SIM, select JUMP FORWARD, select END OF GAME and then hit X when the simulation starts. This is better for me because the game will not stop for play the moments. I have not had a single freeze when before (like you) I have one every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2017, 10:23 PM   #32
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

I was struggling when I wanted to do this a few times. Thanks for the explanations all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »