Home

How's your CFM going? M17 edition

This is a discussion on How's your CFM going? M17 edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
And by default I mean 50 and not the front end 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 05:12 PM   #66
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How's your CFM going? M17 edition

My Eagles started the year 6-0 and were doing a little too good for my liking (with such a young team). I never felt challenged. So I made my first slider adjustment. Since then I'm 2-1 and have had the 3 closest games of the season. Really happy with it so far. (you can find my sliders in the spoiler below)

Spoiler

Here are some details of my season so far after 10 weeks (8-1 Record)

Stats

-Wentz is showing flashes but leads league in INT. top 10 in TDs and Yards.
- Ryan Mathews leads league in rushing yards, is 2nd in touchdowns, and 3rd in carries. and has only 2 games without 100 yards
- Nelson Agholor is my leading receiver, followed by Green-Beckham, Ertz, and finally Jordan Matthews. They are all within 200 yards of eachother.
- Leading tackler is Rodney Mcleod Jr followed by Kendricks and Malcolm Jenkins
- Fletcher Cox has 4 FF and 8.5 sacks, Barwin 8.0, Graham 7.5. really strong pass rush on this team. (next highest is Kendricks with 2.5).
- Eric Rowe has been my best cornerback and has 3 INT and 1 TD. I decided to not negotiate with other cornerback Nolan Carrol about his contract and plan to let him go and find replacement in off season.
- Cody Parkey is a perfect 20/20 with field goals including 5 from 50+. I've not struggled to adapt to the new kicking meter like some have

Coach Decisions

-I've spent my scouting points on CBs, WRs, and O-lineman so far. since I dont have a first round pick and it looks like I'll be picking towards the end of the 2nd round I am not bothering to scout the 1st rounders.
- I have bought 1 package for my coach which gets me more XP for my DBs from weekly training. aiming to buy the WR equivalent soon.
- Resigned starting DT Bennie Logan to a 4 year deal 30M. took a few weeks to get him to accept. He has not been flashy but he's surrounded by so much talent its hard to stand out. hes been solid.
- I reached the goal I set at the beginning of the season (8 wins)

Hope you enjoyed reading. My next update will be at the end of the regular season and will mention stats/events from around the league as well.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

8-2 at the start of Week 12. Seattle.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 05:50 PM   #68
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
For those who think injuries are out of control, are you playing with the default slider at 10 or have you adjusted it? I'd like to get mine underway tonight, just curious what the setting should be.
I think 50 is actually a nice setting this year. I turned it up to 75 in one of my franchise sims and by week 3 of the preseason every team had 8-10 players out with multiple week injuries except the Jets, who oddly had nobody hurt lol. I may turn it up to 55 or 60 to see what that does but 50 seems fine to me. I only lost 4 players simming the preseason to multiple week injuries.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:59 PM   #69
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltliquor84
8-2 at the start of Week 12. Seattle.
Spoiler

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
in comparing my teams stats to yours i see a lot of similarity however on defense your guys have very minimal assists and a ton of tackles. my defense is the opposite (my leading tackler has 31 solo 34 assists). im just curious are you playing the games or simming? or play the moment maybe? trying to figure out why there would be such a difference
Old 08-23-2016, 06:32 PM   #70
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
I'm going with the Packers. Traded for Demarcus Lawrence in preseason week 2 to sure up the defensive line. Can anyone fill me in on how to assign players to the practice squad?
If you wait until Week 4 of the Pre-Season and you go to do your cuts, it will show you in the Player Card if they are available to be put on the Practice Squad. If they are, you just click that and it counts as a "cut" towards your total roster count. Be careful though.....if the player is even halfway descent, it is very likely another team will sign them away from you.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:38 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quick question lads as im waiting for my game to arrive in the mail.

Would i be right in saying the inflated sacks given up by LTs and RTs is still in the game and an issue in CFM?
Ive seen numerous vids and screenshots at the end of a CFM season where tackles have given up in excess of 20 sacks.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 08:20 PM   #72
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Don't know if this glitch was in '16...

Started up a test CFM with Oakland to get an All Madden base slider set before starting my real Jets CFM. I chose a Cloud save. I finish my first game (got smoked in NO 45-22) and I get a pop-up saying I've lost connection to EA's servers and I get booted out to the main menu. The CFM did not save.

WTF? That is downright awful, guess I'll be doing an offline save for my Jets CFM. The issue wasn't on my end either, my Xbone is hard-wired and my wife was sitting on the couch watching Netflix on her laptop and had no issues. Good luck to those playing online CFM's with friends.

As for injuries, are people seeing an equal balance between CPU and HUM injuries? I'm planning on turning off injuries because they're such a buzzkill for the CPU, their top stars always seem to be hurt when I play a given team. I was playing my Jets CFM in '16 last week and had a three game stretch of...

CIN: AJ Green was out
ARI: Palmer and David Johnson were out
BUF: Tyrod Taylor and Shady were out

Gets so frustrating.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »