Home

Is there a fix for the sack issue?

This is a discussion on Is there a fix for the sack issue? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #9
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is there a fix for the sack issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
I don't know what you guys are doing to have so many sacks but our CFM on All-Pro with minor slider adjustments aren't that high. A couple of teams have very high sack guys but its not an across the board thing. Those guys are either using the in game mechanic to get sacks or manually covering guys to take away reads and get coverage sacks.

Its an issue to an extent but saying every team is getting 65 sacks or anything like that is more of an issue with guys abusing the in game mechanic than anything else. I would advise turning off defensive graphics. That will at least making the time more difficult. We also implemented a rule this year where you can only use a certain DL player once every 4 plays to prevent guys from using the same guy over and over.

Is it perfect? No, but just like running the same buggy play over and over can get you 3,000 yard rushing or receiving, the same can happen when you abuse a buggy mechanic on defense.

My issue with sacks isn't HUMvHUM..it's when playing CPU..unless I'm misreading ur post..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 12-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #10
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Exactly. Most of the issues we've had with guys abusing sacks vs the CPU was them abusing the in game DL mechanic (or just being really good at covering guys). Its not perfect, but I think you have to police yourselves as that mechanic makes it way to easy to get sacks (unless def graphics are off).

I asked this in one of the other threads but did not see if it was answered. In previous games, the intentional grounding slider affected how long the QB held onto the ball. Has anyone tested to see if that still is the same this year?

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 12-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Exactly. Most of the issues we've had with guys abusing sacks vs the CPU was them abusing the in game DL mechanic (or just being really good at covering guys). Its not perfect, but I think you have to police yourselves as that mechanic makes it way to easy to get sacks (unless def graphics are off).
Then you haven't read many of the posts from people with the issues.

I've seen maybe a half dozen admit they control the DL when talking about the problem.

Pretty much everyone on this site I've seen talking about the problem are not people that control anyone on the dline at all......

Not sure what you're going for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #12
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Is there a fix for the sack issue?

Quote:

I asked this in one of the other threads but did not see if it was answered. In previous games, the intentional grounding slider affected how long the QB held onto the ball. Has anyone tested to see if that still is the same this year?

I can only answer for myself..a major issue I see is CPU QB are extremely reluctant to either run or throw the ball away..it becomes a major issue with "better" pocket passers (ie Rivers, Brady, Manning)..not an abuse of flawed mechanics..as far as IG..I was seeing better QB movement at 0..but then read higher was better..it's hard to tell which is better in my eyes..

edit: just to add I have even stopped using jump snap as suggested and at times problem still happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 12-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:

IG last year had a more demonstrable effect on the QB throwing the ball away. Once you hit 75 or so for IG, the QB behaved quite differently and it was obvious. This year the penalty works differently and the effect is not as obvious. I've played full seasons at various levels and the sack issue is the same.

A problem I have with the way the game plays is that when you play defense you have to actively try NOT to get sacks in order to get 4 per game on average for a season. I control the RDT and do NO MOVES EVER and still have these sack problems. It's because invariably the CPU QB will make really poor decisions about when to throw it away or when/how to scramble.

A problem I have with next year's game is that Tiburon's track record of making a sim game without major flaws is so poor that they will likely either not address the issue, or they will address it and go too far, reintroducing Robo QBs who always get rid of the ball the instant before being sacked.

I really do believe at this point that they are incapable of making a game that represents NFL football with any true fidelity. The more I play Madden the less I like it.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #14
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I really do believe at this point that they are incapable of making a game that represents NFL football with any true fidelity. The more I play Madden the less I like it.
No game will ever be perfect and the more you play any game, the more flaws you will see. However, without a doubt, I think this is the best football game ever made (and let's give the 2k5 thing as rest as that is just ludicrous 10 years later). I'm not sure what the programming limitations are but I would think its fixable. I do agree though they they tend to go too far in certain directions sometimes so we shall see.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 12-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #15

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
No game will ever be perfect and the more you play any game, the more flaws you will see. However, without a doubt, I think this is the best football game ever made (and let's give the 2k5 thing as rest as that is just ludicrous 10 years later). I'm not sure what the programming limitations are but I would think its fixable. I do agree though they they tend to go too far in certain directions sometimes so we shall see.
You're the first person to bring up 2k5 in this thread and you absolutely had no reason to do it.

If you're trying to avoid comparisons the worst thing you can do is bring it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 12:30 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 32

Well, this is just sad then.

Played two more games, and accumulated 15 more sacks. That's 70 team sacks in NINE games. I'll post a screen shot later if anyone doubts that.

I play on All Pro, because I'm simply not that good. I struggle on offense at times, but it's at least fun. I play with a team that has a great D, but I still have issues giving up big plays and a good chunk of yardage some games... I enjoy that. What I don't enjoy is averaging a hair under eight sacks per game when the only time I control the defensive line is when I take control of the closest player to the QB and try like hell to run the other way to avoid sacking him. It's a sad state of affairs when you have to AVOID to do good things.

Brandon Mebane and Tony McDaniel - two guys who are not sack guys - are on pace for roughly 29 and 20 sacks, respectively. I won't even talk about the defensive ends.

I literally never blitz, either. If it was just a question of bad stats, I could get on with that... But it kills the game when great QB's are getting dropped every five plays or so. Kills their drives, kills the fun, and kills the immersion.

Peyton Manning threw for 345 yards against me, but I sacked him 13 times... So statistically, my team only gave up 252 passing yards... Nearly one hundred yards of losses on those sacks. Ugh.

Please listen, EA. There IS a problem, and all the different sliders in the world aren't fixing it. Editing rosters provides no relief. As someone else said, it's a programming issue. I never say something is broken, but the CPU QB AI is completely broken in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »