Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #801
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I haven't even gone into CFM yet. How does it play different? Is it better or worse in CFM?
Basically you have to test what sliders you ant to use in CFM in a test CFM. Not really better or worse playing...

Still having a blast with the game. You just have to get your sliders by testing them in a cfm.
Luckily I did all my testing through CFM once I got the game.
Would have been nice to be able to use Play Now for testing but not a huge deal to me but just makes it a bit harder to test.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #802
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I haven't even gone into CFM yet. How does it play different? Is it better or worse in CFM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I just have to say it would be a disservice to us as fans and to this game for EA/Tiburon not to give it's all in patches for this game. It has TOO much potential to be a great Madden game. All the elements are there besides obvious things that aren't patchable. I really hope EA can put some healthy patches into this game because for the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm getting my football fix. There are moments when I'm just simply fully satisfies playing this game. That hasn't happened in YEARS with Madden.
Good post. The game is a blast as it is, getting a few things fixed/polished and man it will be a real treat.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #803
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Well, I finally got the AI to attack my secondary with more consistency and am finally getting the better balance of games I'm looking for! I bumped up to normal speed from slow (hat tip to Jarebear) and upped the AI passing accuracy to 55 and landed on 40 for my pass coverage. I know people have issues with Robo QB, and I do too, but I've found after several games that it's not really that much worse with accuracy at 55 than anything over 25 or so IMO (and below that the AI stayed short too much for my taste).

Most games play out about right minus the high comp% by the AI QBs sometimes. Playing as Dallas my secondary gets torched as it should now (though in my most improbable 23-8 win against Seattle recently, I did somehow hold Russell Wilson to less than 200 yards with a comp % in the low 50s), but if I play with better defenses I can get those numbers down to less aggravating levels.

AI still has some really brain-dead moments (like terrible interior run reads, players flat-out not moving on defense, and the sack issue still pops up from time to time...seems to especially bad in consecutive plays...like the OL just goes to sleep), but all-in-all, I'm happy with this iteration of Madden and agree with the above posts that with a healthy couple of patches this could be a great game of football.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #804
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

play calling now is god-awful, it's like they dumbed it down for the dumb ****s that can't figure out how to pick their own plays and win

cycling through formations is a hassle
Old 09-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #805
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Basically you have to test what sliders you ant to use in CFM in a test CFM. Not really better or worse playing...

Still having a blast with the game. You just have to get your sliders by testing them in a cfm.
Luckily I did all my testing through CFM once I got the game.
Would have been nice to be able to use Play Now for testing but not a huge deal to me but just makes it a bit harder to test.
I've been playing default All-Pro in play now games and have gotten some decent results. Will that work in CFM, or would it be better to go up to All-Madden?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if CFM gets significantly easier/harder than play now games. I'm trying to avoid going into CFM until I'm ready to roll with my dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #806
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I've been playing default All-Pro in play now games and have gotten some decent results. Will that work in CFM, or would it be better to go up to All-Madden?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if CFM gets significantly easier/harder than play now games. I'm trying to avoid going into CFM until I'm ready to roll with my dynasty.

Easier in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #807
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
First priority in Madden 16 should be to get rid of suction and warping, other sports games seem to be ridding that issue, or at least minimizing it. Tiburon needs to get off their lazy butts and add a TON of animations to the game, the lack of animations is probably the number one reason for all the crap that goes on, dont see why a company with as many resources as EA Sports can't get realistic animations and player movement.
We've been harping on player movement and interactions for so many years now, it's become comical. Literally, it's been close to 10. Fundamental piece of any sports game is player movement. ALL SPORTS GAMES. M15 is actually a step back in player movement with regards to the warping and shifting. It's really brutal on the line. If they could just really focus and redo the player movement and interactions to make them organic, that would put madden in a whole different class. Not holding my breath, we've been asking for it for too many years. Roadman might even get penalties before we get organic and realistic player movement, LOL.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #808
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I just have to say it would be a disservice to us as fans and to this game for EA/Tiburon not to give it's all in patches for this game. It has TOO much potential to be a great Madden game. All the elements are there besides obvious things that aren't patchable. I really hope EA can put some healthy patches into this game because for the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm getting my football fix. There are moments when I'm just simply fully satisfies playing this game. That hasn't happened in YEARS with Madden.
Lighting needs a patch, BADLY. Don't know what they were thinking but it's a mess. 1pm games that are clear and supposed to be sunny look like they're under overcast skies. If they're not going to do progressive lighting, at least put the shadows pattern across the field back where they're supposed to be, especially for 4pm lighting.

There is so much disparity between stadiums in terms of lighting. You wonder, how can University of Phoenix can look so incredible at 1pm in this game, but AT&T Stadium look so dead? Where is the sun/brightness? How did they go from this:

To THIS:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »