Home

Madden NFL 25 Release Date Reportedly Set For August 16 - Early Release on August 12

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Release Date Reportedly Set For August 16 - Early Release on August 12 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-14-2024, 04:16 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 25 Release Date Reportedly Set For August 16 - Early Release on August 12

Madden NFL 25 is reportedly scheduled to release on August 16, according to the highly reliable billbil-kun. The translated...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2024, 05:01 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 25 Release Date Reportedly Set For August 16 - Early Release on August

New physics engine is very interesting. Could just be updates on the existing system in place, or it could be something entirely new with better branching technology taking advantage of the current hardware in the consoles allowing for more procedural animations to make the players look and feel more lifelike than ever before.

I'm very anxious to see what EA has been working on behind the scenes with the CFB game the last 3-4 years. I wonder if the new physics improvements stem from EA having the time and excuse to have a team working on the foundation of the game for multiple years without a short 1-year cycle forcing their hands. If so, I wonder what else we will see that benefits both games moving forward.

Things like working penalties, more robust CPU logic on and off the field, and so much more could have had received attention by the CFB team and it would be a gigantic leap forward if they were able to clean up and improve the foundation for both games moving forward.

― Plato
Old 05-14-2024, 07:39 PM   #3
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 25 Release Date Reportedly Set For August 16 - Early Release on August

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
New physics engine is very interesting. Could just be updates on the existing system in place, or it could be something entirely new with better branching technology taking advantage of the current hardware in the consoles allowing for more procedural animations to make the players look and feel more lifelike than ever before.

I'm very anxious to see what EA has been working on behind the scenes with the CFB game the last 3-4 years. I wonder if the new physics improvements stem from EA having the time and excuse to have a team working on the foundation of the game for multiple years without a short 1-year cycle forcing their hands. If so, I wonder what else we will see that benefits both games moving forward.

Things like working penalties, more robust CPU logic on and off the field, and so much more could have had received attention by the CFB team and it would be a gigantic leap forward if they were able to clean up and improve the foundation for both games moving forward.

Reworked physics engine implies building on the current system. Honestly they say they work on physics at least every other year and it’s never been very good

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-15-2024, 01:05 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

"Reworked Physics Engine" is exactly what I wanted to hear heading into Madden 25! Physics & Collision Detection have been my biggest gripes with Madden over the years. I felt like player physics worked well for the most part during gameplay in 24, but collision detection was very inconsistent, especially post play. Hopefully they turn on collision detection for all parts of the body (INCLUDING LOWER LEGS & FEET) at all times! No more allowing players to clip or roll through the legs of other players, step through bodies lying on the field after tackles, feet fusing through body parts, etc. I keep harping on this because they had it fixed in 23 but 24 took a step backwards in this area. This is the only thing keeping me from being immersed in the game. Yes, other areas need improvement like presentation, franchise mode, etc. But I'll be a happy camper if Physics & Collision Detection are a top priority!
Old 05-15-2024, 01:25 AM   #5
Rookie

ShadowGhost25's Arena

Quote:

This what I wish I could tell more people who comment about how ncaa 25 is gonna be reskinned madden. This football games those devs have wanted me to make for a while because they actually had time and not a 8 month video. Im praying aside from the new physics I'm hoping alot is carried from the college game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2024, 08:22 AM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Reworked physics engine implies building on the current system. Honestly they say they work on physics at least every other year and it’s never been very good

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

This is how I read it. Tbh from that article - and I know it's translated from it's original language - but it looks like something a 10 year old would write to get clicks. They even called susperstar mode "career mode" ... I know OS is saying it's a credible leaker and I'm not here to dispute any of that, but nothing about that article looks real or credible to me.

I assume Madden is going to have a chill year and not do much, but I don't see any point in reading into this article of someone that clearly has either 0 information or just a enough above 0 information to throw out a release date.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:16 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
This is how I read it. Tbh from that article - and I know it's translated from it's original language - but it looks like something a 10 year old would write to get clicks. They even called susperstar mode "career mode" ... I know OS is saying it's a credible leaker and I'm not here to dispute any of that, but nothing about that article looks real or credible to me.

I assume Madden is going to have a chill year and not do much, but I don't see any point in reading into this article of someone that clearly has either 0 information or just a enough above 0 information to throw out a release date.
If they're a data miner then their info would be straight from EA.

― Plato
Old 05-15-2024, 09:57 AM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
If they're a data miner then their info would be straight from EA.

They can datamine whatever they want, but like I said - who on OS couldn't come up with that description?

"...Oh yeah the new Madden game is gonna have updated physics (one of the main advertised features each of the last 2 years) and it's gonna release in mid-August (like each of the last 2 years) and the main modes will have some updates (like every year in the history of any sports game)."

Honestly I think a lot of people on here could write a better description. I'm not saying it's 100% fake, but there's nothing about that description that shouts real, substantial information.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »