Home

EA let us down with title updates this year

This is a discussion on EA let us down with title updates this year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-09-2024, 12:05 AM   #1
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
EA let us down with title updates this year

Madden has traditionally launched in a pretty rock state. This year is no different. While they hammered out the game breaking bugs, there's still too many to name. Check the bug thread, the AI play calling thread, and the myriad of slider threads it seems like Madden hasn't done nearly enough post launch to make a lot of people happy with the game. Here's a list of things that should have been tweaked post launch but weren't fixed...

AI play calling
DB play is awful...zones are really bad
Franchise fatigue is still broken both Auto subs and progressive fatigue
CPU logic for qbs in the off-season
Qb scramble logic is really rough where you still see qbs running parallel to the LOS rather than taking off when there's daylight

And a bunch more smaller issues that should have been fixed after launch and should not need a whole new game to fix. There's a lot to like but I feel like EA should have done more post launch to clean this game up.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2024, 12:49 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA let us down with title updates this year

I don't necessarily disagree. I think Madden 24 had the potential to be the best Madden of all time if they had just fixed a couple of issue. If the AI play calling was fixed, I'd probably still be playing the game because I really enjoyed the gameplay on the field that much finally, but that issue is just too big for me to ignore. The fact that that issue along with the 3-4 depth chart issues never got fixed during the cycle is inexplicable.

― Plato
Old 04-09-2024, 08:20 AM   #3
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

They posted a title update was coming this morning, anyone see any notes?

Edit: 2.06 GB update on my XSX
Old 04-09-2024, 11:33 AM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
They posted a title update was coming this morning, anyone see any notes?

Edit: 2.06 GB update on my XSX
Hey Madden Fans!

Welcome to the Gridiron Notes for our Ninth Title Update! We have some updates lined up for you focused on Madden Ultimate Team!

Gameplay Updates:*

General stability updates across all modes.

Madden Ultimate Team Updates:*

Mission activities no longer disappear after completion.

Harold Carmichael & Jet Anderson player portraits now appear correctly in MUT.

Team Diamond player portraits appear correctly in the depth chart.

Fixed an issue where some users were unable to apply filters to Binder items.

Fixed an issue in practice mode that required the second controller to be turned off before entering the mode, then turning it back on, once inside the mode to control both sides of the ball.

Fixed an issue where BND players were showing up in the list of cards eligible to complete sets.

Fixed an issue where some users were getting an “Invalid Line-up” error when entering. challenges even if the line-up was correct.

Rank tab removed from MUT Champions.

Fixed an issue where upgraded team captains could be added to sets.

The “Global Profile” button is now only available in the MUT Hub.

___

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2024, 05:50 PM   #5

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Just couldn't deal with the no penalties this year...Hoping for no major oversights with M25
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2024, 08:52 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

Has anyone looked to see if the 3-4 defense issue is fixed? It is not listed, and therefore I doubt it was fixed, nor I have heard EA even mention it is a problem.

The answer to this question is NO! No EA did not solve this issue. So it appears the issue will not be fixed or addressed at all for M24. It is truly unbelievable that no one at EA has even mentioned that this is an issue and that they did not fix it.

Last edited by Iteachpercussion; 04-10-2024 at 06:27 AM. Reason: answered my own question
Old 04-10-2024, 12:15 PM   #7
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Considering we are in the offseason in real life I don't expect EA to make any big updates with this game until the next game comes out. They are probably focused on the NCAA game right now and then the next Madden game.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:50 AM   #8
MVP

For me it's them never cleaning up the player clipping post play. It's in a slightly better state now than it was at launch, but still very inconsistent.

I was told they purposely turn off collision detection in players lower legs & allow them to step through bodies lying on the field, roll right through players legs, feet clipping through body parts, etc. because they're worried about players occasionally tripping over one another smh. This really kills the immersion. I know some can turn a blind eye to this & deal with it, but it's just too much for me to ignore. What adds insult to injury is they had this issue fixed in 23 (for the most part). Players legs & feet didn't clip or fuse through body parts after tackles. I really don't get this gameplay design decision. I would much rather have players occasionally trip over one another than to just step & roll through bodies. Clipping is far more immersion killing.

I really hope the post play collision detection & overall physics are a major focus for 25 & beyond.. It's the only thing severely holding the game back from giving us that truly immersive living world experience. It's frustrating because the gameplay is really good this year, but I can't even bring myself to play it because I wanna turn it off every time I see these glaring clipping issues.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 04-16-2024 at 12:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »