Home

The NFL's new kickoff rules and M25

This is a discussion on The NFL's new kickoff rules and M25 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-04-2024, 11:50 AM   #1
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
The NFL's new kickoff rules and M25

I was curious as to whether or not Tiburon will implement the new kickoff formation and touchback rules for M25 or wait until next year?

The reason I ask is because I'd imagine it being a significant change to how the game functions on the field and I was wondering what the degree of difficulty would be to.make those changes under the hood.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2024, 02:46 AM   #2
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The NFL's new kickoff rules and M25

It would be a complete failure if EA were to not include the new rules.
Old 04-05-2024, 05:33 AM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Wouldn't be shocked to see the game launch with the 2023 kickoff rules on-disc and then the new rules get patched in by kickoff weekend or something.

The NFL didn't enact the rule change until a little over a week ago. The launch version of each year's Madden enters beta around this time of year, which is long after the time changes could be reasonably made for whatever we get on day 1.

It's possible that EA Sports anticipated the new kickoff rule changes and built the new rules anyway, but I'm not counting on that.
Old 04-05-2024, 03:52 PM   #4
Pro

My guess is that it will need to be patched in. Because the kickoff rules appear to be drastically different, I am guessing a lot of stuff has to go on behind the scenes before its ready.

And we know how EA is with patching... it might have to wait until November before it is patched... then another 2 months before they patch it again to fix what they broke in the November patch.
Old 04-05-2024, 11:57 PM   #5
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
My guess is that it will need to be patched in. Because the kickoff rules appear to be drastically different, I am guessing a lot of stuff has to go on behind the scenes before its ready.

And we know how EA is with patching... it might have to wait until November before it is patched... then another 2 months before they patch it again to fix what they broke in the November patch.
I imagine it'd be a tall task to get this patched in by midseason. And it's such a significant change that I wonder how online leagues/franchises will be impacted. Guess we'll have to wait and see but if some version of it is not ready for launch or shortly thereafter, I wouldn't be shocked if they waited until next year.

Last edited by Kanobi; 04-06-2024 at 09:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2024, 02:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Wouldn't be shocked to see the game launch with the 2023 kickoff rules on-disc and then the new rules get patched in by kickoff weekend or something.

The NFL didn't enact the rule change until a little over a week ago. The launch version of each year's Madden enters beta around this time of year, which is long after the time changes could be reasonably made for whatever we get on day 1.

It's possible that EA Sports anticipated the new kickoff rule changes and built the new rules anyway, but I'm not counting on that.
There were some pretty significant under the hood changes made for M24 from when the beta was public and launch happened. Including the full implementation of the CharacterVisuals system. So the beta is far from the cutoff for key changes.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:55 PM   #7
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

I really hope I'm wrong but I think that the only thing that will be fixed will be the new rules and nothing else.
Old 04-11-2024, 10:24 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I am not at all expecting this to be in the game. I do expect it to be patched though within a reasonable time.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »