Home

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS4, XBOX One

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS4, XBOX One within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-19-2023, 02:32 PM   #9
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS4, XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
It’s factual. Read EA’s Gridiron Notes.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...gridiron-notes

I read that and it says that field sense sapien, cross play franchise super star showdown are only on the next gen systems which makes sense since those systems have more capabilities. One thing that you can see on Xbox one is that the player models are smaller and more normal than last year so I assume that there were other improvements as well.

This area of game play improvements listed below is the only section that doesn't say only PS5, XBOX X/S PC which must mean that it applies to XBOX one as well.

FOUNDATIONAL FOOTBALL

• AI Enhancements - Smarter AI enables smoother and more realistic player action and reaction to the plays you call, providing more confidence your AI teammates will execute your gameplan the way you intend.
    • QB awareness and behavior
    • Ball carrier AI and pathfinding
    • Blocking AI and open field targeting
    • DB awareness & Pass Coverage
    • Post Play Emotion enhancements

Last edited by Eddie1967; 08-19-2023 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-19-2023, 02:51 PM   #10
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Nothing on that site says that Madden 24 on Xbox one is just a roster upgrade. If you find those exact words let me know.
Oh, this is one of those discussions. Alright, nevermind.
Old 08-19-2023, 05:43 PM   #11
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I read that and it says that field sense sapien, cross play franchise super star showdown are only on the next gen systems which makes sense since those systems have more capabilities. One thing that you can see on Xbox one is that the player models are smaller and more normal than last year so I assume that there were other improvements as well.

This area of game play improvements listed below is the only section that doesn't say only PS5, XBOX X/S PC which must mean that it applies to XBOX one as well.

FOUNDATIONAL FOOTBALL

• AI Enhancements - Smarter AI enables smoother and more realistic player action and reaction to the plays you call, providing more confidence your AI teammates will execute your gameplan the way you intend.
It's not. It said the same thing last year too and all it got was the new franchise additions last year. I messed around with the ps4 version a bit on 24 and it's exactly the same. I thought the same thing too last year but gameplay wasn't touched much at all last year. I will say they fixed the models from last year where certain positions had really bad player models. It's back to where it was in 22 last gen.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2023, 07:10 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

FOUNDATIONAL FOOTBALL

EA lying, as usual !!!

Last edited by briguy4747; 08-19-2023 at 07:10 PM. Reason: forgot a comma
Old 08-19-2023, 08:59 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Game clock and play clock are ridiculously small. Almost miniscule. I like the slightly smaller scoreboard, but even with glasses the game clock and play clock are hard to read. I suppose that will make actually playing less distracting. Currently just watching CPU vs CPU.
Old 08-19-2023, 09:50 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

FOUNDATIONAL FOOTBALL

I already proved that qb play is exactly the same. Made Ridder and the Panthers rookie Young a 12 overall and they still completed over 66% of their passes. So that is debunked on old gen/xbox one. So at least QB play, that upgrade only for Xbox S/X
Old 08-20-2023, 10:20 AM   #15
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
It's not. It said the same thing last year too and all it got was the new franchise additions last year. I messed around with the ps4 version a bit on 24 and it's exactly the same. I thought the same thing too last year but gameplay wasn't touched much at all last year. I will say they fixed the models from last year where certain positions had really bad player models. It's back to where it was in 22 last gen.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks. I just downloaded the draft class for my Madden 23. Good enough for me.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 08-21-2023 at 09:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2023, 10:57 PM   #16
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Madden 24 on Xbox one is not just a roster update. Not even close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »