Home

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-16-2023, 05:31 PM   #217
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

The pass coverage may be the worse I have ever witnessed. So many left assignments or no coverage at all. Combine this with poor blocking assignments and just a lack of animations triggering leaves me wondering how this passed the eye test to the coders.
Old 08-16-2023, 05:33 PM   #218
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetirex
The pass coverage may be the worse I have ever witnessed. So many left assignments or no coverage at all. Combine this with poor blocking assignments and just a lack of animations triggering leaves me wondering how this passed the eye test to the coders.
I had no issues with coverage my first two games but last night both teams just seemed to stop covering. Particularly zones they wouldn't follow defenders. Felt like something broke
Old 08-16-2023, 06:37 PM   #219
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Tombas 2023 Impressions of madden 24....

Ok From what I've been hearing and reading and even seeing early I was prepared to be disappointed.

HOWVER I am not....

What I like about this years game is the way players weight actually matters from appearance and physics/animations

Its not all perfect. The game still needs its broadcast camera pulled away more even though this year it plays the best since madden 10 or 25 actually. man 25 was good

that said.

Madden plays a solid game but it has NO life to it no broad cast presentation and the BEAUTFUL stadium intro are toooo short they skip right into "division rivals bs swashes... which is bad

Madden 24 has NO immersion. but it does have decent gameplay
Old 08-16-2023, 06:49 PM   #220
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Playing on All Pro, I haven't seen these issues. I think it's important to state what difficulty you are playing on.
Old 08-16-2023, 06:57 PM   #221
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

Ok From what I've been hearing and reading and even seeing early I was prepared to be disappointed.

HOWVER I am not....

What I like about this years game is the way players weight actually matters from appearance and physics/animations

Its not all perfect. The game still needs its broadcast camera pulled away more even though this year it plays the best since madden 10 or 25 actually. man 25 was good

that said.

Madden plays a solid game but it has NO life to it no broad cast presentation and the BEAUTFUL stadium intro are toooo short they skip right into "division rivals bs swashes... which is bad

100% about No immersion. I’m week 5 in my franchise and I have no clue what is going on with other teams, who is hurt, who is struggling, who got traded or cut. The news section is horrible. Also there are so little banner pop ups during a game as well. And no I don’t need to see my RBs yearly stats every time he comes into the field during the same game or my draft class in week 3 of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2023, 07:03 PM   #222
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

HOWVER I am not....

that said.

Madden presentation is always in such a rush. Just quick cuts everywhere. It's got some serious ADD.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2023, 07:17 PM   #223

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I find zones to be a bit lacking so far. Having more success in man coverage.
Old 08-16-2023, 07:35 PM   #224
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

HOWVER I am not....

that said.

It's been a lifeless game for the past few years now.

I mean the graphics are stellar every year and the gameplay has improved year by year to some extent.

But the presentation and atmosphere just goes stale on me every year after a few months. I just don't get it because we are on NG consoles and it's not presenting the game any better than what we saw back on Madden 25

I'm trying to still love this franchise but they EA continue to always come up a little short in the overall package

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »