Home

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2023, 06:01 PM   #137
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

After playing the default All Madden game that was a snoozer because of the helpless CPU defense, I put in some sliders and had a much better game for the most part. Commanders(me) beat the Buc 29-17. Lost Howell for half the game to injury. Neither him nor Brissett really threw the ball well as I was under pressure the entire game. The running game was still too strong even with run blocking turned all the way down to 5. I ran for 172 yards as a team. There's still just too much push by default at the OL. Not enough stalemate or slight win animations. The running game is still too dependent on either rolling an animation that results in 3 yards of push or an insta-shed for a tackle at or behind the line. There are not many running plays that just go for 2 to 3 yards. You get 5+ or lose 2 and nothing in between. Been that way for over a decade now.

Overall, sliders fixed what I figured they could. I'll just have to wait on the modding scene to open up, which I am patient enough to do, before I can fix the run game myself. I think once the running game gets fixed along with some CPU logic things that I'll have a very good playing game I'll be able to enjoy and hopefully get 5+ seasons out of. If I can't fix the running game, then the offensive side of the ball will remain too much of an issue and I likely won't get but 1 or 2 seasons in before I get burnt out, but I am holding my breath that modding will fix the running game like in the past. Just need to tweak a few things and lower the ramp with run blocking.

― Plato
Old 08-15-2023, 06:12 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
After playing the default All Madden game that was a snoozer because of the helpless CPU defense, I put in some sliders and had a much better game for the most part. Commanders(me) beat the Buc 29-17. Lost Howell for half the game to injury. Neither him nor Brissett really threw the ball well as I was under pressure the entire game. The running game was still too strong even with run blocking turned all the way down to 5. I ran for 172 yards as a team. There's still just too much push by default at the OL. Not enough stalemate or slight win animations. The running game is still too dependent on either rolling an animation that results in 3 yards of push or an insta-shed for a tackle at or behind the line. There are not many running plays that just go for 2 to 3 yards. You get 5+ or lose 2 and nothing in between. Been that way for over a decade now.

Overall, sliders fixed what I figured they could. I'll just have to wait on the modding scene to open up, which I am patient enough to do, before I can fix the run game myself. I think once the running game gets fixed along with some CPU logic things that I'll have a very good playing game I'll be able to enjoy and hopefully get 5+ seasons out of. If I can't fix the running game, then the offensive side of the ball will remain too much of an issue and I likely won't get but 1 or 2 seasons in before I get burnt out, but I am holding my breath that modding will fix the running game like in the past. Just need to tweak a few things and lower the ramp with run blocking.
The fact that we still have to go through loops & countless hours of slider testing to "fix" things that should already be fixed out of the box speaks volumes. Just sayin...
Old 08-15-2023, 06:18 PM   #139
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
The fact that we still have to go through loops & countless hours of slider testing to "fix" things that should already be fixed out of the box speaks volumes. Just sayin...
Not going to disagree. Out of the box I still think 24 plays better than about any Madden since the PS2 days. My biggest issues with the game are the running game being too easy for the user, the CPU logic, and the lack of penalties.

Fix those 3 things and I really won't have many complaints at all with the gameplay, which I'd never have imagined 5 years ago with this series. I grew to hate Madden for awhile there it got so bad.

Fortunately for me, modding may realistically lead to all 3 of those items getting fixed. I am anxious to see what Sabo can do with CPU logic and penalties, and then when I hopefully get my hands on the editor and can make changes in the running game and some slight changes to throwing the ball, I believe I can get this game playing very very well for myself at least.

― Plato
Old 08-15-2023, 06:24 PM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Started a franchise up. I have home field advantage turned off. Yet it still is there and still kicks in.

This is driving me nuts. Happened to be on PS5 and Xbox Series X. Really despite HFA and want it gone. Love the game overall though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2023, 06:28 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
Day has been going great, thanks for your concern.
Lol, no prob!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 06:59 PM   #142
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Something got screwy with uniforms. At the uniform select screen I don't see the option to edit socks anymore and the Jets default away uniforms now have the wrong sock (the bright green stockings from their color rush uniforms that doesn't match the green on their regular uniforms).

I'm assuming this is a glitch but can anyone else confirm if they can edit socks at the uniform select screen?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-15-2023, 06:59 PM   #143
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I thought CM said that this thread is for game impressions only and not for debate between "Madden Apologists" and "Anti-Madden Activists." C'mon y'all!
The game plays pretty good other than the penalty issue.I got 2 the last game I played with 135 total plays.I know Kramer and I aren't anti-Madden but are frustrated that it gets ignored.

Again,the gameplay is a little better than last year so if you enjoyed 23 you'll like this one more but if you didn't than this one likely won't convert you.

Old 08-15-2023, 06:59 PM   #144
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Just had the weirdest thing happen. 4th quarter of the game and the 2 minute happened at the 39 second mark. Definitely a bunch of bugs in the game. But overall it’s Madden and it’s been fun playing so far.

Definitely noticeable playing as even an average qb like mac jones and someone like Malik Cunningham.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »