Home

Mattanite's Draft Class Strength Generator

This is a discussion on Mattanite's Draft Class Strength Generator within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-23-2023, 08:42 PM   #41
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Mattanite's Draft Class Strength Generator

This is the one I ended up with. Love This!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Draft.jpg (249.7 KB, 313 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2023, 08:45 PM   #42
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

If I'm using Funky's XP sliders, do I need to change anything under the XP Slider?
Old 08-24-2023, 08:02 AM   #43
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
If I'm using Funky's XP sliders, do I need to change anything under the XP Slider?
His set assumes Normal variability so far so you'll possibly need to consider upping QB, P and K and decreasing HB as those are the positions you've added a skew to the probabilities.
Old 08-24-2023, 11:48 AM   #44
Rookie

skillz25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Yeah, that's where you lose me lol

I'm sorry, I am just a visual learner and feel stupid. Just want something relatively realistic if thats possible I guess.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app

Here is my random draft class strength generator:
1 - Go to the draft class strength screen and turn your head (or close your eyes).
2 - Hold down left or right for whatever amount of time your decide then let go. I did 5 seconds for one position, then 12 seconds, then 8 seconds, etc.
3 - Move to the next position and do the same.
4 - Continue all the way until you do all the positions.
5 - Now look at the screen to see the random, unbiased draft strengths that you just selected.

This isn't sarcasm. This is what I seriously did to randomize the draft strength.
Old 08-24-2023, 11:51 AM   #45
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz25
Here is my random draft class strength generator:
1 - Go to the draft class strength screen and turn your head (or close your eyes).
2 - Hold down left or right for whatever amount of time your decide then let go. I did 5 seconds for one position, then 12 seconds, then 8 seconds, etc.
3 - Move to the next position and do the same.
4 - Continue all the way until you do all the positions.
5 - Now look at the screen to see the random, unbiased draft strengths that you just selected.

This isn't sarcasm. This is what I seriously did to randomize the draft strength.
This made me chuckle. Very "the Russians took pencils".

It's like the old dice roll outcomes of RPG games, can just make it as easy as roll a D6 (on your phone):
1 - Very Weak
2 - Weak
3 - Normal
4 - Normal
5 - Strong
6 - Very Strong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2023, 10:53 AM   #46
Rookie

ma1r1k2us's Arena

so this essentially will give me a look into the future of the draft classes, instead of just a dice roll at the beginning of each year? and I adjust the class strength for each position in Madden for the season to match the sheet?

Is there anything in it that would, say have a Stud QB leave early, so the weak QB class in 2025 gets better and 26 gets weaker?
Old 08-31-2023, 11:49 AM   #47
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1r1k2us
so this essentially will give me a look into the future of the draft classes, instead of just a dice roll at the beginning of each year? and I adjust the class strength for each position in Madden for the season to match the sheet?

Is there anything in it that would, say have a Stud QB leave early, so the weak QB class in 2025 gets better and 26 gets weaker?
Yes, all 30 season draft class strengths are generated when you press the corresponding button. The main tab only shows the next 4 classes accurately, adding 8 further classes to see with a fog of war and the remaining 18 are hidden in another tab until you click the advance button (at which point, all set draft classes move forward one year and a "new" class appears at MS freshman). Yes, you then change the draft class strength settings for College Seniors prior to starting your next season (so in preseason). Yes, this method allows you to plan ahead for many seasons as you can see if there are strong or weak position classes coming up.

Sadly no, there is no function for varying the draft class strengths once the 30 seasons are generated - you would have to manually edit a draft class in the predraft week if you wanted to create narratives like this.

On a similar note, the volatility and skew settings need to be decided before the 30 seasons are generated and after that, everything is locked in. To change volatility or skew settings would then need to be regenerated for all 30 seasons. Which is a shame as the NFL naturally oscillates in them (think 90s runball with great OL, big FB and big LB vs 2020s passing small ball with fast LB, stud DE, no FB and OL are worse).
Old 08-31-2023, 12:08 PM   #48
Rookie

ma1r1k2us's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
Yes, all 30 season draft class strengths are generated when you press the corresponding button. The main tab only shows the next 4 classes accurately, adding 8 further classes to see with a fog of war and the remaining 18 are hidden in another tab until you click the advance button (at which point, all set draft classes move forward one year and a "new" class appears at MS freshman). Yes, you then change the draft class strength settings for College Seniors prior to starting your next season (so in preseason). Yes, this method allows you to plan ahead for many seasons as you can see if there are strong or weak position classes coming up.

Sadly no, there is no function for varying the draft class strengths once the 30 seasons are generated - you would have to manually edit a draft class in the predraft week if you wanted to create narratives like this.

On a similar note, the volatility and skew settings need to be decided before the 30 seasons are generated and after that, everything is locked in. To change volatility or skew settings would then need to be regenerated for all 30 seasons. Which is a shame as the NFL naturally oscillates in them (think 90s runball with great OL, big FB and big LB vs 2020s passing small ball with fast LB, stud DE, no FB and OL are worse).
So it would just be a personal choice to mix in a player leaving early kind of scenario and make the corresponding change in the class as needed... makes sense

thanks for all of this... you're the best!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »