Home

CPU running game and play calling

This is a discussion on CPU running game and play calling within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-02-2022, 11:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU running game and play calling

How do you get the CPU to have a better run balance? I’m seeing 70 percent passing at best and sometimes 80 percent of total plays are passes. Is it a playbook issue? Should I use Titan playbook for every team? Also I have CPU run block on 65 all pro and it seems they are blown up behind line when they do run and CPU lineman are missing tons of blocks. Anyone else seeing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2022, 04:02 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: CPU running game and play calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtnj
How do you get the CPU to have a better run balance? I’m seeing 70 percent passing at best and sometimes 80 percent of total plays are passes. Is it a playbook issue? Should I use Titan playbook for every team? Also I have CPU run block on 65 all pro and it seems they are blown up behind line when they do run and CPU lineman are missing tons of blocks. Anyone else seeing this?

I just had a game where the Bills passed 17 times in a row at the start of a game.
Old 09-03-2022, 11:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Run/pass ratios are crazy. I can’t see a way to change this unfortunately. But I REALLY wish it was possible. I’ve been banging the drum for us to be able to set custom playbooks to CPU teams for a while now. I really think that would go a long way to solving this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-03-2022, 12:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Giving the CPU the Jets playbook should do the trick. I've tested 3 times in game and see lots of CPU runs.

I believe from supersimming that giving them the Ravens or Colts playbook should do the same trick, but I have not tested that in game at this point. Would welcome feedback on that actually.

I would like to test the Ravens PB on the CPU anyway - hopefully use it whenever the CPU QB is a good runner - Lamar, Kyler, Jalen etc.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-03-2022, 12:11 PM   #5
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Assigning generic playbooks have always been the best way Pass balanced for higher pass ratio,Run balanced for higher run ratio and typically Balanced does best for closer to even splits
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2022, 07:52 PM   #6
Rookie

What about Run Heavy playbook?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-03-2022, 09:33 PM   #7
Rookie

How do you assign a playbook like balanced to a coach in franchise. When I go into team schemes it only shows real life coach specific playbooks. So balanced, run heavy etc are not there
Old 09-05-2022, 09:58 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just tested a game giving the AI the Bal Ravens playbook - using the Seattle Seahawks.

Carson ran 19 times, Lock ran 15 times. Lock only dropped back to pass 18 times.

If anything that is too run heavy, although if you are facing a running threat QB then giving them the Ravens playbook will be fairly realistic and make you keep a QB spy on defence.

I will try the Colts playbook next to see if that also generates lots of AI runs alongside the Jets and Ravens PB's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »