Home

JoshC1977's Madden 22 Next-Gen CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 22 Next-Gen CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-28-2021, 08:52 AM   #9
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 22 Next-Gen CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
My one suggestion is that the special teams sliders do need a little tweaking.
Gonna be real, I never really seriously touch ST sliders and actually feel the base ST play this year has been better than ever.

They finally addressed punts being far too long (a huge legacy issue that bugged me) and that has allowed for blocking on returns to set up quite a bit better. I do wish FG accuracy was more 'uncertain' but that has more to do with ratings and the actual mechanics (anything in sports games with meters is BAD) than anything.

Could things be fine tuned? Possibly, but for now, I am content with where things are right now.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:12 AM   #10
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Gonna be real, I never really seriously touch ST sliders and actually feel the base ST play this year has been better than ever.

They finally addressed punts being far too long (a huge legacy issue that bugged me) and that has allowed for blocking on returns to set up quite a bit better. I do wish FG accuracy was more 'uncertain' but that has more to do with ratings and the actual mechanics (anything in sports games with meters is BAD) than anything.

Could things be fine tuned? Possibly, but for now, I am content with where things are right now.
I’ll take your word for it and play through a few more games
Old 09-28-2021, 09:22 AM   #11
Pro

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0
JoshC1977's Madden 22 Next-Gen CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Played a few games with these now and have been blown away with how natural they make the game feel.

They also fit my play style perfectly because I like to switch between cpu vs cpu when I have laundry to fold or other chores to do and taking control when I have a chunk of time to spare. (Computer me is far superior to actual me so far )

They work great for both so far.

Ratings and abilities really shine, my D held a 75 ovr qb to around 150 yds passing, then got shredded for 400+ the next week vs an xfactor qb.

Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Woad23; 09-28-2021 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2021, 10:12 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Ratings and abilities really shine, my D held a 75 ovr qb to around 150 yds passing, then got shredded for 400+ the next week vs an xfactor qb.
Echoing this sentiment 100%. Very refreshing to see the "ratings stretch" come to light more on these settings. You can REALLY feel what an X-factor is both on your team, and the AI's.

I particularly love how a 2nd string RB feels much different from an elite starter. In my current CFM, that being Eckeler vs. Jackson. Just night and day difference in feel and production between those two.

Had one of my best Madden 22 games last night vs. Chiefs. I was very eager to see Mahomes, as I'd completely neutralized another top QB the week previously- Prescott.
Mahomes diced me up for 420+ yards, but 3 costly picks doomed the Chiefs.

What I enjoyed most, was that my coaching input played a massive part in the result. Clock management, some crucial situational package subs, and of course the many defensive alignment tools helped me win the game.

Loving where things are at currently.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:28 AM   #13
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I want to refrain from sounding like I am tooting my own horn; that's not my style, but I have to say this.....

This is, BY FAR, my favorite overall slider setup I have ever done for any version of Madden.

Star players shine for both sides while non-star guys have good and bad moments. The gameplay has a 'controlled chaos' feel to it; it doesn't feel like it's "on rails", and as lhsballa commented, your decisions as the coach matter tremendously. The result is a dynamic vibe to the overall experience that immerses you deep into the franchise experience.

I'm not saying "I have the best sliders" or anything silly like that, but rather that this setup embraces everything I have wanted out of this series/ Now, to be fair, the things I care about (challenging gameplay, dynamicism, ratings mattering, and a fun immersive franchise experience) don't jive with what many others here on OS care about ("perfect" stats, looking "realistic). So no, these won't scratch everyone's itch...

Finally, the significant AI improvements made by EA this cycle really have made this approach viable (for the first time) and I would be remiss if I did not call that out. So, let's give EA a shout-out as well for making this approach possible without killing the overall AI.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:44 AM   #14
Pro

rsump112's Arena

OVR: 4

Josh,

Good to see you back over here!! Been using Armors and they play a great game. I will definitely roll these in though and run them through the ringer lol.

As always, this is done as a coach mode player so that’ll see how well they work in that setting (I know you don’t design them for that).
Old 09-28-2021, 11:50 AM   #15
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I haven't tried AP in a long time but I'll definitely try a game tonight with your exact settings as I do get frustrated with certain things on AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2021, 12:49 PM   #16
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I haven't tried AP in a long time but I'll definitely try a game tonight with your exact settings as I do get frustrated with certain things on AM.
I played around a fair bit with All Madden this year....it's close, but I suspect we have a lot of the same "pinch points".

My advice (for anyone who might want to try these out after playing AM for a bit)...when you try things out with this setup, play how you do normally. It'll give you a truer test of their long-term viability for you personally (and they won't fit every play style). I have found many folks going back down to AP tend to hold themselves back a bit initially....find it's "good"...then when they play more "normally" (for themselves) realize that it's not a good fit for them. If a person tries to restrict themselves, they can lose interest quickly.

As a general note for all, I definitely suggest a few games to get a good 'feel' for how it all plays-out in terms of the variety.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »