Home

TOMBA NEXT GEN 2K21 SLIDERS

This is a discussion on TOMBA NEXT GEN 2K21 SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-30-2021, 08:29 PM   #1
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
TOMBA NEXT GEN 2K21 SLIDERS

">

Madden’s slider adjustments have become more and more scarce over the years ,esp last gen. So to see this continued trend worries me. We have the same amount of settings that were available with madden 21 last gen. Even though the improvements in the next gen upgrade are somewhat exciting the game overall has me more interested in Madden 22 come this Sept. What we did get minus the added animations and better lighting we also got a stat system in place that tries to extract the correct animations during gameplay. This extortion is what can be heightened somewhat by the slider section of madden. Without going into to too much detail, my settings for the sliders take into account the player attributes and boost players animations to trigger better. Im starting to feel some placebo with Madden since it doesn’t allow for proper speed settings to be made via the slider section but my formula over the years stays true here. The next gen version of madden as it currently stands still reacts the same way to last gen slider settings so what I have here as next gen slider set should also work for current gen.

As a brief summary to how I got to these settings I simply looked at the speed and acceleration averages of every NFL player in the Madden database and came to a calculated averaged out number that the slider settings should be adjusted to.

USER /CPU
QB Accuracy: 50 / 94
Pass Blocking: 50 / 50
WR Catching: 69 / 68

Run Blocking: 76 / 44
Fumbles: 50 / 50

Pass Reaction: 51 / 28
Interceptions: 100 / 100
Pass Coverage: 74 / 58

Tackling: 54 / 36

FG Power: 80 / 80
FG Accuracy: 80 / 80
Punt Power: 55 / 55
Punt Accuracy: 73 / 80
Kickoff Power: 39 / 45

As Always,

TOMBA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2021, 03:01 PM   #2
Rookie

mdotjenkins's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TOMBA NEXT GEN 2K21 SLIDERS

Hey man, thanks for posting your sliders but what difficulty did you make these for? Also, what quarter length and accelerated clock length? Thanks
Old 02-02-2021, 01:08 PM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdotjenkins
Hey man, thanks for posting your sliders but what difficulty did you make these for? Also, what quarter length and accelerated clock length? Thanks
Difficulty is all pro / quarter length 7 minutes
Old 02-08-2021, 10:50 PM   #4
Rookie

What is the speed parity scale and penalty sliders
Old 02-12-2021, 09:53 PM   #5
MVP

So, looking at the speed and acceleration averages of every player in the game, led you put the AI’s QBA at 94? Color me confused my guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2021, 07:31 AM   #6
Rookie

J ROCK 05's Arena

Run blocking for user 76? I have this completely opposite. Should be high 70s for cpu and user should be lower 40s, depending on your skill.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2021, 01:16 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
So, looking at the speed and acceleration averages of every player in the game, led you put the AI’s QBA at 94? Color me confused my guy.
I'm guessing he's doing it that way because if you look at the pass defense sliders for human side there's no way the CPU can function if qba slider is set low.

Also, he said it's based off of acceleration rating so he might be trying to capture the speed of the ball for CPU QBs when passing adding more zip to their throws.

Madden does tend to have these moments where the QB's look like they have noodle arms when throwing, allowing the user controlled players to break on the ball rather quickly.

Also from my past interactions with Tomba he tends to do his own thing so his sliders aren't going to typically mirror what your used to seeing because he's not basing them off of difficulty.

He's basing them off the gameplay engine, player movement and animation capturing.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 02-14-2021, 03:32 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

1ST off Tomba thanks for sharing these even though All Pro had no longer been my cup of tea mainly because it doesn't seem to produce the organic gameplay feel as Pro level but also I still see that this level is damn near penalty free throughout games.

Having said that I'm not sure if anyone else has even tried these because from the naked eye they look out of sorts and what I mean by that is they don't follow the normal pattern of sliders on OS for any level.

Sometimes change can be intimidating lol

I have a Pro set very similar to yours in the way that I constructed them except I didn't use accelaration to determine the settings I used the other stock ratings.

But I like your approach for All Pro and I started tweaking these to get a better SIM experience for myself.

Your CPU Run Block settings are perfect but only after adjusting the Human Run Defense. That initial Tackle slider was way too high for me. CPU RB's are forced to run straight ahead without any usage of their juke or elusive moves because those animations are tied into the tackle slider.

For example you ever watch those EA promos showing the CPU RB's juking, spinning and hurdling over tacklers?

Then you get the game and notice they don't even attempt half of that stuff....

That's because the tackle slider is like a vacuum it sucks defenders right into a runner before they can even attempt a move.

The point is Higher Tackle setting equals less juking and stiff robotic running by CPU.

Lower tackle setting equals animations galore juking, spinning, ducking and hurdling. Basically everything that ties into the elusiveness rating.

So it was a quick fix for me because by setting the human tackle slider lower it unleashed some top notch animations in the ground game with the new player movement on Next Gen.

Just got done playing vs Cam Akers and he mixed up his running style and used several juke moves not just on the perimeter but even doing inside running plays.

I left the CPU running game sliders exactly the way you listed and just made that adjustment to the human tackle.

The 2nd change I made was not to the QBA slider which probably left a few posters in this thread in disbelief. Again this is because that is not typical to what they see others using on OS.

Rather than lowering QBA I made one adjustment to smooth out the CPU passing game and that was by simply lowering the WR catch slider instead.

Your initial settings (68) don't get me wrong was brilliant because what it did was unlock the SPC ratings for the CPU and that led to highlight real catches all over the field and no incompletions unless you got pressure on the QB a few times.

By reducing the WR catch slider without even changing your Human pass defense setup I got the CPU throwing in the mid 50% range which is ironically a tad too low now for them.

So I have to find a sweet spot for the WR catch slider on the CPU side to counter your Human defensive settings.

On the human side of things gameplay felt really smooth almost like Pro level from a animation standpoint. The human WR's really attacked the ball when it's in the air, much like the CPU it had everything to do with your catch slider being at 69.

I really don't want to lower it because of all the great animations it produced. Therefore I'm going to
play a few more games to see what direction I want to go with your human passing setup.

As for the human running game I'm guessing put Run Block at 76 to make the OL quicker especially in terms of them getting out in space to make blocks.

One of the things I love about Pro level is the OL can still get to that 2nd level and block even if you were to drop the run block slider all the way down to 0.

So, what I did with your set is make the Human run block the exact same as the CPU setting you listed. Now I'm just trying to find the right tackle slider for the CPU that will allow them to hold up vs the Run but also animate beautifully on the field.

All in all this was a really good base set you provided and I would highly encourage those looking for a different style of play on All Pro to give these sliders a fair chance.

I almost made that mistake myself by just looking at the raw numbers you provided and said to myself "no way those will work"

Thanks Tomba

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 02-14-2021 at 03:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »