Home

CCH99 - OLD GAMER - MADDEN 24 SLIDERS

This is a discussion on CCH99 - OLD GAMER - MADDEN 24 SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-22-2023, 04:59 PM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

MADDEN 24 - SLIDERS

So I have never put my sliders up before but figured I'd do it this year and see if anyone can use them.

A couple caveats, these are more about trying to get competitive games and less about trying to get accurate stats/ penalties etc. Also I think the run/pass splits are not totally fixable but the way these are set-up the CPU run game is strong so at least when they do run they usually do well but they aren't unstoppable especially if you sell out. I also play on All-22 and have not tried them on any other angle. I'm an older gamer, 50, who doesn't know all the ins and outs and secrets of the game who just likes to jump in and have fun. I do DL/LB shifts, show blitz and use CB shading but beyond that rarely ever ID the Mike or do individual stuff because I'm not quick enough and just run out of time. If you are really good at using all that stuff or can win on All-Madden these probably won't help you.

I've tested this in my 32 team franchise where I paly every game and randomly roll a dice to see which team I am. For me it has helped me see how well they work for me. I still usually win with good teams but if I am a poor team struggle and with evenly matched teams its hit or miss. If you play as the Eagles you will probably still win most of the time. You need to try multiple games to see if they work for you. Playing a game or two doesn't really help. With these I have seen a good variety of outcomes as well. Sometimes the CPU has multiple fumbles, sometimes none. I've been blown out and have seen a couple where I have won comfortably. Also upset the 49ers as the Giants, have had a 33-30 shootout win and lost as the Commanders to the Broncos 7-0.

All-PRO / 9 MIN 20 or 25 runoff depending on how many plays you want.

USER/CPU

QB ACCURACY: 50/50 (UP TO 55 FOR CPU FOR MORE CHALLENGE-IF YOU UP HUM IT CAN BECOME TOO EASY AND YOU RARELY MISS THROWS)

PASS BLOCK: 40/55

RUN BLOCK: 0/100

BALL SECURITY:25/25 (UP THIS IF YOU FEEL CPU FUMBLES TOO MUCH BUT GIVE IT A TRY)

PASS DEFENSE REACTION TIME: 50/50

INTERCEPTIONS: 50/40

PASS COVERAGE: 50/50

TACKLING: 40/60

FG POWER: 50

FG ACCURACY: 35 (anything a tick or two lower is shankfest-Not sure how effective this slider is beyond that either)

PUNT POWER: 50

PUNT ACCURACY: 100 ( I think there is a bug that returned that causes the CPU to shank their punts )

**KICKING USE THE NO DIRECTIONAL RULE. I've tested this and if you are short of the blue the kick will go right and if you go past it will go left.

INJURIES: 40

FATIGUE: 55

SPEED THRESHOLD: 50 (This is what I have found to be most important that got my games more competitive- The only slider I'd say don't change. - I played at 95 and was winning constantly very easily)

PENALTIES: ALL 99 EXCEPT ROUGHING THE PASSER:50 (Even though I realize they don't really matter except for roughing so if you want leave them as is, these have no bearing on anything)

I've found the CPU can have big games passing and with good running backs will chew you up. I also have found my running game tougher. especially with lower rated backs.

If you want some house rules to possibly help as well.

(1) To more evenly align with CPU Rush Attempts - Only run once every set of downs. If you get a first you can run once again. You can also run to drain the clock at the end.

(2) Full-Switching is allowed but if you find you are stopping the run too easily play no-switch

LASTLY -HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE - I have it off. Play as you want but I think that with it on games can snowball and more of them are not close in my opinion. I've had games where I got killed and others where I have been destroyed. If you like it keep it on but I do think that once you get full momentum it can really make the opposing team useless for a while or if the CPU has it I can't do anything.

Give them a try and let me know what you think. I will post some games as I play them over the holiday.

Last edited by cch99; 12-27-2023 at 12:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2023, 12:12 PM   #2
MVP

cch99's Arena

Re: CCH99 - OLD GAMER - MADDEN 24 SLIDERS

Upped CPU Ball Security to 25. Against a good D or Superstar guys was seeing too many fumbles.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-26-2023, 02:14 PM   #3
MVP

cch99's Arena

Another suggestion if your finding it too easy is bump CPU int up to 50. You’ll have to take sacks more often instead of just throwing it up when you are under pressure. I feel that a lot of the people who complain about CPU picks don’t take sacks either. Sometimes you have to eat it.

Last edited by cch99; 12-27-2023 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-27-2023, 12:55 AM   #4
MVP

cch99's Arena

I’ve come to realize these sliders are for people who are not good at this game. My son just beat me 42-14. It was a sad day.

Old 12-27-2023, 01:57 PM   #5
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I’ve come to realize these sliders are for people who are not good at this game. My son just beat me 42-14. It was a sad day.

I wouldnt say that.

Everyone plays differently. I am no good at the defensive side of the ball. I prefer to think of ways to outsmart a defense, rather than devise ways to stop an offense.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2023, 10:44 PM   #6
MVP

cch99's Arena

Jets(me) vs Patriots. Won 31-21 but was 21-21 in 3rd and Mac Jones threw a pick and I ended up controlling game from then on out.

Unfortunately hard to get much from this game as Patriots threw 35 times and ran 2!

It’s getting hard for me to keep playing as last 2 games have been almost zero CPU running. Game before in my single franchise Rams threw 47 and ran 10. It’s not fun to play.

Last edited by cch99; 12-27-2023 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-27-2023, 11:40 PM   #7
MVP

cch99's Arena

Decided to try one more game but am taking a break. I think the sliders are competitive though. This run issue ruins the game for me.

The game itself a bit of a shocker.

Bills (ME) lost to Wash 13-10. I was leading most of the game but Wash scored late and I had a fumble on a Josh Allen scramble late in the 4th on the ensuing drive at the 11 yard line. With all three timeouts in thought I could get a stop. On 1st down they ran run option and Howell kept if for 18 yards. I totally bit on the inside runner.

When the CPU runs a balanced offense this game is a lot of fun and a challenge. Anyway Washington passed 27 times and ran 13 which is 65/35. But before the last drive it was 27-9 so still not great and Howell was not having a dominating game. Ended up 14-27 for 134 with a TD and long of 23.

Washington’s game winning drive was 7 passes 4 runs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »