Home

An Attempt to Get More Holding Calls

This is a discussion on An Attempt to Get More Holding Calls within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-27-2023, 10:31 AM   #1
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
An Attempt to Get More Holding Calls

I wanted to reach out to the slider gurus to see if anybody had begun experimenting with the Aggressive Blocking setting under the user coaching adjustments. If so, what are your thoughts on the below?

-Are more penalties actually being called?
-Do you think this gives a blanket + in blocking ratings?
-Should we be lowering USER Pass/Run Block to compensate?
-Do all players simply block better / become too strong or are you able to tell good vs bad ratings?

I am thinking of making it a house rule to keep this setting on aggressive in an attempt to generate more penalties and subsequently more stalled drives, but curious if anybody has already messed with this and if they adjusted sliders to compensate the "longer blocks".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2023, 12:44 PM   #2
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: An Attempt to Get More Holding Calls

This is the only way I have been able to hope to get a holding penalty.
Holding slider is maxed out, and blocking set to aggressive in coach settings, I have not noticed any other issues doing this.

The only issue with this method is obviously this will only work for your team, the CPU never gets called so there's that.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 11-27-2023, 02:25 PM   #3
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: An Attempt to Get More Holding Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
This is the only way I have been able to hope to get a holding penalty.
Holding slider is maxed out, and blocking set to aggressive in coach settings, I have not noticed any other issues doing this.

The only issue with this method is obviously this will only work for your team, the CPU never gets called so there's that.
Yeah, I have penalties turned up to 99 as I'd rather have a constant that *potentially* produces more penalties vs moving them AND trying to balance gameplay.

I'm trying to figure out if I need to reduce user passblock even further if I'm going to utilize this house rule, and I need to test to see if it makes running the ball on all-pro even easier than it already is. If that's the case re. the run game then this is a dealbreaker for me and not worth an additional 1-2 penalties called a game (if that).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »