Home

Joe Burrow (or Bengals) in CPU vs CPU

This is a discussion on Joe Burrow (or Bengals) in CPU vs CPU within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-01-2023, 05:49 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Joe Burrow (or Bengals) in CPU vs CPU

The actual issue is Superstar Abilities in my opinion. As much as I am critical of EA programmers I don't think they are putting secret code in to make certain players play better!

Don't forget Burrow has one of the best WR corps in Madden. Chase and Higgins are both Superstars. So that's 3 superstars in the passing game for the Bengals. Plus Tyler Boyd is no slouch as the 3rd WR.

To prove it I ran 3 sets of 4 games - CPU vs CPU - using Sabo's mod. Week 17 Browns at Bengals. All injuries off so both teams at full strength. Home Field Advantage off (always!).

4 games with all Superstar abilities on. Burrows passing stats were

122/158 (77%) - 1288 yards - 10 Tds, 2 Ints. YPA 8.2, QBR 116.2

That's too high.

Next 4 games with Burrows Superstar Abilities removed - but the same ratings.

109/142 (76%)- 976 yards - 7 TDs, 1 Int, YPA 6.9, QBR 108.2

That's more realistic for starters. Although pass cmp is still too high over 4 games.

Finally the last 4 games were played with Superstar Abilities removed from everybody including all the Cleveland players as well.

89/131 (67.8%) - 897 yards - 6 TDs and 3 Ints. YPA 6.8, QBR 92.9

That's much better. Puts him the top tier of passing leaders without being excessive.

So this issue comes down to how you all feel about Superstar Abilities. I want to use them, as I like the idea of the elite players making a real difference. But I need to figure out which specific abilities are OP and which ones are sensible. Am hoping to start a thread on abilities once I start some serious lab work breaking down every ability.
Old 12-03-2023, 12:09 AM   #10
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
The actual issue is Superstar Abilities in my opinion. As much as I am critical of EA programmers I don't think they are putting secret code in to make certain players play better!

Don't forget Burrow has one of the best WR corps in Madden. Chase and Higgins are both Superstars. So that's 3 superstars in the passing game for the Bengals. Plus Tyler Boyd is no slouch as the 3rd WR.

To prove it I ran 3 sets of 4 games - CPU vs CPU - using Sabo's mod. Week 17 Browns at Bengals. All injuries off so both teams at full strength. Home Field Advantage off (always!).

4 games with all Superstar abilities on. Burrows passing stats were

122/158 (77%) - 1288 yards - 10 Tds, 2 Ints. YPA 8.2, QBR 116.2

That's too high.

Next 4 games with Burrows Superstar Abilities removed - but the same ratings.

109/142 (76%)- 976 yards - 7 TDs, 1 Int, YPA 6.9, QBR 108.2

That's more realistic for starters. Although pass cmp is still too high over 4 games.

Finally the last 4 games were played with Superstar Abilities removed from everybody including all the Cleveland players as well.

89/131 (67.8%) - 897 yards - 6 TDs and 3 Ints. YPA 6.8, QBR 92.9

That's much better. Puts him the top tier of passing leaders without being excessive.

So this issue comes down to how you all feel about Superstar Abilities. I want to use them, as I like the idea of the elite players making a real difference. But I need to figure out which specific abilities are OP and which ones are sensible. Am hoping to start a thread on abilities once I start some serious lab work breaking down every ability.
I've never had SuperStar abilities On ever and Burrow consistently has over 300-yard games, no matter who is catching the ball, I'm in 2024 Season, same issue. It's not a secret code, it's programming.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:33 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
I've never had SuperStar abilities On ever and Burrow consistently has over 300-yard games, no matter who is catching the ball, I'm in 2024 Season, same issue. It's not a secret code, it's programming.
Clearly we will have to agree to differ, as my stats and testing demonstrate that Burrow is not "programmed" to throw over 300 yards, at least on my PC.

Just glad I don't have to resort to artificial mechanisms such as making Burrow more injury prone, or reverting to fast sim. The CPU vs CPU slow sim experience is pretty good in M24, especially with Sabo's mod in play now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2023, 07:33 PM   #12
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Clearly we will have to agree to differ, as my stats and testing demonstrate that Burrow is not "programmed" to throw over 300 yards, at least on my PC.

Just glad I don't have to resort to artificial mechanisms such as making Burrow more injury prone, or reverting to fast sim. The CPU vs CPU slow sim experience is pretty good in M24, especially with Sabo's mod in play now.

Not using mods, confuses the issues.

The CPU play is good without it and I test throughly.

Some players having excessive stats has also been an issue, it’s nothing new. I post what I see, always have.

Knock yourself out.

Sent from my iPhone 14 Pro Max using Operation Sports
Old 12-06-2023, 07:30 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Agreed. The notion that EA has secret code that only applies to one player is ludicrous. It has more to do with his attributes, ratings, playbook (yep), and randomness of the game.

Sabo's mods are a game changer for those on the PC. Stuff that EA should have included in their own code to make the game more realistic from a Sim point of view. But that's not really their focus. For anyone to dismiss these mods is also ludicrous. A wonderful addition with hundreds of hours of analysis and testing behind them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »