Home

Old 11-14-2023, 01:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Run:Pass Ratio

If I get time after testing Sabo's CPU vs CPU mod which is near finishing, then I can run some controlled aggregate tests on each playbook and try to establish an approximate run/pass ratio, including number of QB runs within each.

I'll use the vanilla Madden not the mod so the results will help console users and they can decide which playbooks help with this issue.

Speedhack means I can run full games in under 25 mins.

Will post results once I finish. Might take some time though!
Old 11-14-2023, 02:31 PM   #10
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

The top 10 RBs based on attempts in my franchise (year 1) through 14 games played average 17.5 carries per game. This is with my own formation subs, auto subs, etc.

Per https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/pla...?rate=per-game it looks like there are only 4 RB's who are currently averaging higher than this for the season, and 2 of them (Barkley and Monty) have not played at least 9 games this season.

Last year, only 3 RB's averaged 17.5 carries per game and they were Henry, Jacobs, and Chubb. Taylor averaged 17.45, Barkley 17.39, and Brian Robinson of WSH 17.08. Nobody else averaged above 17.

In conclusion, I'm not sure what I am doing differently but I think that I am seeing an accurate amount of carries per game.
Old 11-14-2023, 02:36 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 1

Niners playbook has potential. Just played a slow sim game and gave both teams SF PB.

Saints 25 rushes (39.7%), 38 passes (60.3%)
Raiders 21 rushes (40.4%) , 31 passes (59.6%)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2023, 10:51 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
Dannymac and Sportsgamingguy are correct.

Its about playbooks. Sliders won't save this. Run/pass ratios on vanilla Madden are not accurate, in my view by quite some distance.

The NFL average is around 42% to 58% pass.

I've been helping Sabo with his CPU vs CPU mod so have run about 20 weeks of testing all the playbooks in controlled experiments. (SpeedHack via CheatEngine is such an advantage when it comes to saving time!)

Worth mentioning that for PC gamers Sabo has been working on improving run/pass ratios anyway.

Anyway for console users you need to change the CPU playbook.

Danny mentioned Chicago and I agree that's a good one. However I'm not sure that's not an ideal one to give the a team with a non mobile QB like Captain Kirk or Stafford, because of the option runs. Philly and Baltimore are also good playbooks for mobile QBs.

Two other playbooks I would recommend to help you are the New Orleans and Tampa Bay playbooks. They don't have option runs as far as I can see, so would suit more static QBs and both will improve the run/pass ratio to a significant extent although often Madden will frustrate you with the randomness.

I disagree about the Tennesse PB this year. In previous Maddens it was fantastic for lots of run plays by the CPU. Not so this year. It's awful in my experience and in my testing the Titans consistently ran at most 20 run plays a game. Perhaps EA forgot that Mike Vrabel has King Henry on his team, and that Vrable is not a pass wacky Don Coryell acolyte.
Even guys like Goff scramble for a few 4-5 times a game so I use it to supplement the fact that they won’t scramble without it. I’ve watched close to 100 games with this method now and my results are perfect. I’ll have to try those playbooks as well.

I also recommend the KC playbook for simmed games I was able to get league wide pass attempts and receptions to realistic numbers, only TEs are leading im RECs which I assume is because of Kelce. Do you have any suggestions for simmed game playbooks that pass a lot to receivers? Kaybe LAR?
Old 12-02-2023, 05:23 PM   #13
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannymac420
Was able to fix this by changing the CPU playbook to CHI and now the CPU plays beautifully, mixing in runs and passes, qb runs, wr sweeps, short dink and dunk passes. They actually milk the clock and have long drives now. Only thing is you have to remember to change the playbook back after the game or sim stats will be broken. I personally make every teams playbook to KC because the game has the opposite problem when simming, they barely throw.

So long story short, make CPU playbook CHI when playing games and change it to KC when simming.

YAA true sounds nice.. i may try that but also we shouldnt have to do that.. Madden has sooooooo many issues every year, M24 this year has been fun to a point

I still wonder if ratings matter, i mean i think they do to a extent, but i have the niners a 89 overall defense and im giving up 30 ppg 290 passing yards a game and almost 125 rushing yards a game, as a 89 defense, one of the highest if not highest on the game

this isnt right at all, that would be more like a defense rated in the low 80s high 70s
the running game is to strong, i do coach mode right now all pro default sliders, CMC yesss he is a hell of a back 98 overall but he gets about 115 per game, 5.5 to 6 ypc, right now he is on pace for 2140 yards,

i just lost to NE and mac jones had 335 yards passing. season high on us figures, and 3 tds, yaa i get it it can happen in real life, but looking at his simulated stats week by week, he was getting around 215 a game which sounds more like him... the percentage was about normal 64 percent,

i just, idk this game drives me nuts sometimes.. but i like it to tho,
they still have issues with HB screen blocking, i wish the qb would run in coach mode,

speaking of... has anyone done coach mode, and then qb drops back does this lil flinch like he is about to run but doesnt.. and then after he does that he doesnt pass, and gets sacked,

but yaaa we shouldnt have to switch to another teams playbook for another team to make the playcalling more real, i like how some teams have their own style of PB, like ravens, eagles, even KC, with some of their RPOS and options, but ill give this a shot and see,

oh one more thing speaking of the NE loss, it happened in a way that made me about go nuts, their TE was running a streak, right at my safety and my safety took off to go cover the out route by the WR on that side who was already being covered, so it left the TE wide open.. TD Pats take lead and then i fumble on the KR pats recover they win... i was like wow really.. and yes once again my defense gave up over 30
Old 12-12-2023, 02:50 PM   #14
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
This is the breakdown of my 5 games in year 4.

19 run, 51 pass
18, 41
18, 31
11, 40
17, 47
Total: 83 run (28%), 210 pass (72%), 293 total

I didn't think it was that bad until I looked at the stats. Don't really know what to do to fix it. When the AI throws 40 times every game eventually you are going to start giving up yards and points.
I have noticed this also in some games where it just doesn't make sense. For example, the Titans have a workhorse in Derrick Henry but only ran him 17 times versus like 40 pass attempts, just not their game style. Ran into the same thing against the Giants not running very much.

Although, I have also had games where there is a good ratio of pass-run, so it isnt consistent
Old 12-12-2023, 04:37 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

Do you guys change your game plans week to week? Just ask because I’ve kept it one gameplan defend deep pass I think and they run better which makes them run more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2023, 09:26 AM   #16
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
Do you guys change your game plans week to week? Just ask because I’ve kept it one gameplan defend deep pass I think and they run better which makes them run more
I also use the deep pass gameplan. I'm seeing that as the CPU has more run success it more times than not leads to more attempts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »