Home

PS5 Madden 23 Slow-Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on PS5 Madden 23 Slow-Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-05-2022, 04:08 PM   #1
Rookie

dawurts's Arena

OVR: 0
PS5 Madden 23 Slow-Sim Sliders

This slider set is excellent for use with the Slow Sim feature. To use Slow Sim, start the game normally, then before the kickoff, pause the game and go down to "Super Sim", click on that, then press square (on PS5) to bring up the Sim Speed Menu, at which you select "Slow Sim", go back and then down to "Jump Forward", select that, and finally press "To End of Game".

I am now a hardcore member of the Slow Sim Fan Club! After having tested these sliders thoroughly, I'm very happy with the quality of gameplay I'm seeing.

The key to these sliders working right is having default penalty numbers. Something about tampering with the penalty numbers really does skew the effects of the sliders.

Also, to achieve the level of gameplay that I'm seeing -- which I'll soon be broadcasting at my twitch channel (see end of post) -- it is important to have parity (or minimum speed threshold) set at 93, and the skill level (set in the initial screen of the game) at PRO. Finally, set the Player and Cpu slider numbers manually on the main screen (on the far right), then import them into your franchise afterwards.

SLOWSIM SLIDERS

[15-minute quarter sliders. Use the same numbers for CPU as for PLR.]

PRO LEVEL (for balance) - 93 PARITY (for the exact right speed)

QB: 50
PB: 75
WR: 50
RB: 50
FU: 100
PD: 50
INT: 7
PC: 70
TAC: 51

KP: 100
KA: 100
PP: 100
PA: 100
KO: 53
INJ: 46
SPD: 93
FAT: 65

I'll be broadcasting all of my games using this 15-min-qtr slider set at my twitch channel:

https://www.twitch.tv/oldschoolsageadvice

Last edited by dawurts; 12-26-2022 at 04:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2022, 10:26 AM   #2
MVP

forme95's Arena

Re: PS5 Madden 23 Slow-Sim Sliders

Look forward to seeing your twitch. I am a long time cpu vs cpu slow sim guy. Cant wait to see these. I finally found a nice mix myself and am rolling my CFM with it.

What clock are you using? Any assists, progressive fatigue, Breakout senerios, x-factor?

Curious, which roster set do you use? I was playing with default 75 pre season and could never get the right (eye) gameplay. I then started testing with the active roster and wow did it change how the game played out. More balanced and better gameplay and animations.

I was using playmakers, all default, a mix of the two, my own close to default, and I just couldnt find a good balance.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 12-06-2022 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 05:06 PM   #3
Rookie

dawurts's Arena

It's a fun roster to use! I wish there were more vintage rosters. Next-Gen play is amazing. I'm using 12 minute quarters, no assists, default penalties, but yes to breakout scenarios and x-factors, playtested through preseason rosters. Soundwave's 1987 roster shows evidence of his hard work well done - all the equipment is right for the era.
Old 12-09-2022, 03:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawurts
This slider set is excellent for use with the Slow Sim feature. To use Slow Sim, start the game normally, then before the kickoff, pause the game and go down to "Super Sim", click on that, then press square (on PS5) to bring up the Sim Speed Menu, at which you select "Slow Sim", go back and then down to "Jump Forward", select that, and finally press "To End of Game".

I am now a hardcore member of the Slow Sim Fan Club! After having tested these sliders thoroughly, I'm very happy with the quality of gameplay I'm seeing.

The key to these sliders working right is having default penalty numbers. Something about tampering with the penalty numbers really does skew the effects of the sliders.

Also, to achieve the level of gameplay that I'm seeing -- which I'll soon be broadcasting at my twitch channel (see end of post) -- it is important to have parity (or minimum speed threshold) set at 93, and the skill level (set in the initial screen of the game) at All Pro. Finally, set the Player and Cpu slider numbers manually on the main screen (on the far right), then import them into your franchise afterwards.

SLOWSIM SLIDERS

PLYR/CPU

QB: 49/49
PB: 53/53
WR: 49/49
RB: 49/49
FU: 49/49
PD: 49/49
INT 12/12
PC: 49/49
TAC 9/9
FGP 100/100
FGA 100/100
PP: 100/100
PA: 100/100
KP: 53/53

INJ: 49

And - having finished testing my 15-minute quarter Slowsim or Coach Mode sliders - I can give them here finally. It's the same numbers for both PLR and CPU:

QB: 55
PB: 91
WR: 55
RB: 62
FU: 51
PD: 53
INT: 11
PC: 53
TAC: 4

KP: 100
KA: 100
PP: 100
PA: 100
KO: 53
INJ: 46

I'll be broadcasting all of my games using this 15-min-qtr slider set at my twitch channel:

https://www.twitch.tv/oldschoolsageadvice
Hey, interesting set. Just curious: how did you settle on 93 Speed Threshold?
Old 12-09-2022, 06:06 PM   #5
Rookie

dawurts's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudbox65
Hey, interesting set. Just curious: how did you settle on 93 Speed Threshold?
I got it from one of the posts here, and now I'd never go back to anything else. The results are so realistic imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2022, 06:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
I got it from one of the posts here, and now I'd never go back to anything else. The results are so realistic imo.
I’ve seen 95, but never 93.
Old 12-09-2022, 07:53 PM   #7
Rookie

dawurts's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudbox65
I’ve seen 95, but never 93.
Now that you mention it, I think that might have been what I started with, then settled a bit lower eventually.
Old 12-10-2022, 01:24 AM   #8
Rookie

dawurts's Arena

Quote:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1675103436

This game really showcases the slider set!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »