Home

Funkycorm's Madden 23 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on Funkycorm's Madden 23 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-29-2022, 11:44 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Funkycorm's Madden 23 XP Sliders

That's also what i thought about doing i just hope this way the corrupt file won't happen
Old 08-29-2022, 02:55 PM   #10
Rookie

You mentioned that Progressive Fatigue is a must with these sliders, but is that at default fatigue? I usually use other gameplay sliders which sometimes adjust fatigue drastically, usually upward, and with Fatigue at a high setting, I often get the issue of my starters quickly disappearing and then never playing, even if uninjured. It's partly why I've not been a fan of it. Even at lower fatigue settings, unless I find a good Auto-Sub slider set, the starters vanish fairly early on and it doesn't feel like you get any good rotation out of the players, both within games and throughout seasons.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:33 PM   #11
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Love it Funky…great stuff as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2022, 09:01 AM   #12
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkXPoke
You mentioned that Progressive Fatigue is a must with these sliders, but is that at default fatigue? I usually use other gameplay sliders which sometimes adjust fatigue drastically, usually upward, and with Fatigue at a high setting, I often get the issue of my starters quickly disappearing and then never playing, even if uninjured. It's partly why I've not been a fan of it. Even at lower fatigue settings, unless I find a good Auto-Sub slider set, the starters vanish fairly early on and it doesn't feel like you get any good rotation out of the players, both within games and throughout seasons.
I do not mess with fatigue sliders and at this point I am actually running default all pro. I would say if you want to run with progressive fatigue off, I would lower all the XP sliders 10 to 15 points to make up that each week the league will get all starter reps. That should make up for the difference.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 09-02-2022, 02:26 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
I do not mess with fatigue sliders and at this point I am actually running default all pro. I would say if you want to run with progressive fatigue off, I would lower all the XP sliders 10 to 15 points to make up that each week the league will get all starter reps. That should make up for the difference.
1) Does that include the Special Teams players?
2) Is that not a bit extreme? I tried it and it felt like now even trying to invest in players, no one progresses anymore. Even then I only knocked each slider down 5 points. It's a small sample size so far but it feels strange that even Star development players make very slow progress, even if it has the intended effect of Normal development players not really being able to be much better than they currently are.

Thinking about it, I'm kinda back and forth on it, but I'd think I'd lean faster rather than slower, simply because football moves pretty damn fast and in a lot of cases, when a guy "has it", they show it right away. Josh Allen is kind of one of the few slow developing guys that took a few years at QB, and many young skill position players break out right away. Certainly there's still a curve to it, but generally if they're good right away (in the case of Madden, inherently had a better development trait), I not only don't mind but expect those players to quickly reach 80+ OVR and beyond. Even then, it's not like it happens within one season. A low-70s Star player fresh from the Draft usually needs about a year and a half to get to 80. And maybe those really highly rated draft prospects with Star or better get close to or past 80 their rookie year before then completely exploding upward once their Dev Trait is no longer Hidden.

On the other hand, I know you had balance in mind in terms of equalizing the talent over the long term, especially for the player who gets many bonuses, so it's a tough balance. I'd like to think Star or higher players *should* progress quite quickly but if it means the guys who fall lower on the depth chart, from veterans to newer draft picks, never get to see the field when they would normally, I could see how that can create a new kind of stagnation.

I did use your set from last year for last year's game, and I think it was pretty good, if maybe a tad fast: I remember my freshly drafted Star players (in the low 70s) gained perhaps about 6-7 OVR rating points over the course of a year, and turned a late-round 67-ish Normal development backup linebacker into a 74 OVR by the end of his rookie contract. Also, a drafted Normal development WR I used immediately as a starter raised by about 5-6 in a full year starting (before then earning Star development thanks to winning ROTY). Is that the development curve you expect or is that too fast? Because at the time, I didn't use Progressive Fatigue then, either, and it felt fine, if not maybe a tad too fast in terms of game balance, since my QB developed quickly lol. Even then, part of that might've come down to other sliders I used that may have made the game too easy for me thus being able to feed his stats more easily. Maybe part of why it felt so glacial this year was that I found a better gameplay slider set that made the game more challenging for me and therefore gives me less opportunities to pad my player's stats.

Like I mentioned, I've been back and forth between keeping it as is and reducing it all by 5-ish as per your recommendation, but I wanted to have a better understanding about your philosophy with your Slider Set to have a better idea of how to tune it for myself.

EDIT: I think spending this time typing out and estimating the OVR rating points my young players gained over the course of a season, especially as starters, did end up convincing me that I should probably bring those sliders down, though still unsure by how much (I still feel like I wanna try -5 first, 10 or more still feels a bit extreme to me). Still hesitant, but now thinking about it, it does make for a more interesting development cycle, because it really would emphasize the playtime even more. Anyone relegated to backup, even if they're someone I wanted to try to make into a future starter, would struggle to develop unless I actually put them on the field, even if I focus my efforts with Coach Perks and Focus Training into them, which is a fun consideration to have to make: put out the underdeveloped young player or the low-potential veteran who can already play.

Last edited by BlinkXPoke; 09-02-2022 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Wanted to clarify further
Old 09-02-2022, 12:18 PM   #14
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkXPoke
1) Does that include the Special Teams players?
2) Is that not a bit extreme? I tried it and it felt like now even trying to invest in players, no one progresses anymore. Even then I only knocked each slider down 5 points. It's a small sample size so far but it feels strange that even Star development players make very slow progress, even if it has the intended effect of Normal development players not really being able to be much better than they currently are.

Thinking about it, I'm kinda back and forth on it, but I'd think I'd lean faster rather than slower, simply because football moves pretty damn fast and in a lot of cases, when a guy "has it", they show it right away. Josh Allen is kind of one of the few slow developing guys that took a few years at QB, and many young skill position players break out right away. Certainly there's still a curve to it, but generally if they're good right away (in the case of Madden, inherently had a better development trait), I not only don't mind but expect those players to quickly reach 80+ OVR and beyond. Even then, it's not like it happens within one season. A low-70s Star player fresh from the Draft usually needs about a year and a half to get to 80. And maybe those really highly rated draft prospects with Star or better get close to or past 80 their rookie year before then completely exploding upward once their Dev Trait is no longer Hidden.

On the other hand, I know you had balance in mind in terms of equalizing the talent over the long term, especially for the player who gets many bonuses, so it's a tough balance. I'd like to think Star or higher players *should* progress quite quickly but if it means the guys who fall lower on the depth chart, from veterans to newer draft picks, never get to see the field when they would normally, I could see how that can create a new kind of stagnation.

I did use your set from last year for last year's game, and I think it was pretty good, if maybe a tad fast: I remember my freshly drafted Star players (in the low 70s) gained perhaps about 6-7 OVR rating points over the course of a year, and turned a late-round 67-ish Normal development backup linebacker into a 74 OVR by the end of his rookie contract. Also, a drafted Normal development WR I used immediately as a starter raised by about 5-6 in a full year starting (before then earning Star development thanks to winning ROTY). Is that the development curve you expect or is that too fast? Because at the time, I didn't use Progressive Fatigue then, either, and it felt fine, if not maybe a tad too fast in terms of game balance, since my QB developed quickly lol. Even then, part of that might've come down to other sliders I used that may have made the game too easy for me thus being able to feed his stats more easily. Maybe part of why it felt so glacial this year was that I found a better gameplay slider set that made the game more challenging for me and therefore gives me less opportunities to pad my player's stats.

Like I mentioned, I've been back and forth between keeping it as is and reducing it all by 5-ish as per your recommendation, but I wanted to have a better understanding about your philosophy with your Slider Set to have a better idea of how to tune it for myself.

EDIT: I think spending this time typing out and estimating the OVR rating points my young players gained over the course of a season, especially as starters, did end up convincing me that I should probably bring those sliders down, though still unsure by how much (I still feel like I wanna try -5 first, 10 or more still feels a bit extreme to me). Still hesitant, but now thinking about it, it does make for a more interesting development cycle, because it really would emphasize the playtime even more. Anyone relegated to backup, even if they're someone I wanted to try to make into a future starter, would struggle to develop unless I actually put them on the field, even if I focus my efforts with Coach Perks and Focus Training into them, which is a fun consideration to have to make: put out the underdeveloped young player or the low-potential veteran who can already play.
I would leave the special teams alone.

I didn't do any testing with progressive fatigue off this year. Last year I did but it was when it was broken still.

It is hard to find a balance with the XP sliders in the last 2 games. Adding an additional 3 focus spots that someone can bee line to during year 1 can make a huge difference. Finding the balance is something I really struggled with last year and this year too.

I think lowering by 5 and trying it out would work well too. I only threw numbers out there because I hadn't tested it and was trying to extrapolate from last year. As last year I did a combo of testing which at times did make players progress a little quick.

Another hard part with this year is that the roster ratings seemed so inflated. Without a bit of inherit boost built in, your drafted top end rookies wouldn't catch up. Example. I ran a test where I lowered HB down to 50 to see what would happen. By year 4, every team had a HB starting with a rating of over 85 with multiple other top end HB just sitting in free agency. It's a tough balance definitely. This same issue showed up with other positions as well that are top loaded with talent.

In the end the last 2 years of these have been less of a science and more of a how can I balance the league act.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 09-02-2022, 01:26 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 2

To your knowledge would these settings work in a cpu vs cpu league? I'm looking at your set up and I'm thinking these are taking into account the human element. In cpu vs cpu the focus won't be all on 1 receiver and every b won't be throwing for 4500+ yds. So in that case should i still try yours or keep the default xp sliders on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2022, 03:02 PM   #16
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman08
To your knowledge would these settings work in a cpu vs cpu league? I'm looking at your set up and I'm thinking these are taking into account the human element. In cpu vs cpu the focus won't be all on 1 receiver and every b won't be throwing for 4500+ yds. So in that case should i still try yours or keep the default xp sliders on
I definitely take into consideration the human factor here. But I also look at how the CPU handles their business when it comes to this as well.

Though I have no personal experience with it, I would think these would work just fine in a cpu vs CPU league.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »