Home

Convince me to buy this product... or not..

This is a discussion on Convince me to buy this product... or not.. within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-05-2021, 11:12 AM   #1
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Convince me to buy this product... or not..

I find myself in the void... again!

I was on PC for over a decade. Just can't go back to 07-08..

I'm on 12 currently. Made it playable, after tweaking it to high heaven. Very frustrated with how glitchy it is after tweaking a few things under the hood.

I am curious if 20 would be a better experience?

I guess I would be most curious to know how authentic the retro experience is? Very simply, I live in the past, as far as my sports gaming is concerned..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2021, 01:00 PM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Convince me to buy this product... or not..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I find myself in the void... again!

I was on PC for over a decade. Just can't go back to 07-08..

I'm on 12 currently. Made it playable, after tweaking it to high heaven. Very frustrated with how glitchy it is after tweaking a few things under the hood.

I guess I would be most curious to know how authentic the retro experience is? Very simply, I live in the past, as far as my sports gaming is concerned..
20 with mods and the Franchise Editor is the best football video games have ever been, aside from nostalgic presentation.

As for retro experience, I can’t say. I’m sure there’s potential to make the leagues retro. I know there are some rosters and uniform edits in the Madden PC discords that go back pretty far, at least to the early 2000s anyway.

It you want to find out for yourself, check out the discords and look and see what people have made.

But the power you have to shape your experience over what you have on console play is immense.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 03-05-2021 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2021, 01:11 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
This question gets asked a lot in forums for different sports games. You need to define what "better experience" means. I guarantee you we would have different definitions.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean when you ask what the retro experience would be like in Madden 20. There is nothing remotely retro about it. It is purely and entirely a contemporary rosters experience.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:36 PM   #4
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
As for retro experience, I can’t say. I’m sure there’s potential to make the leagues retro. I know there are some rosters and uniform edits in the Madden PC discords that go back pretty far, at least to the early 2000s anyway.
Mostly speaking to the ability to run old school offense/defense.

The rule changes make it tough. (no kick returns)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
It you want to find out for yourself, check out the discords and look and see what people have made.

But the power you have to shape your experience over what you have on console play is immense.
It has to be a more stable product. 12 is a mess after tweaking it. I'm crashing left and right. I'd bet on the emulator to be more stable than running on the actual PS3 hardware, which is obnoxious to even have to say.

I'm very familiar with the PC mods and the utilities. Kind of feels like a homecoming.

.. found a pretty decent budget gaming rig. Think I'm going for it.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:05 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Mostly speaking to the ability to run old school offense/defense.

The rule changes make it tough. (no kick returns)

It has to be a more stable product. 12 is a mess after tweaking it. I'm crashing left and right. I'd bet on the emulator to be more stable than running on the actual PS3 hardware, which is obnoxious to even have to say.

I'm very familiar with the PC mods and the utilities. Kind of feels like a homecoming.

.. found a pretty decent budget gaming rig. Think I'm going for it.
Oh. It’s fully stable as long as you carefully follow the instructions on how to set up the various mod tools.

There are additional things you use outside of the game that greatly improve the experience, such as the Regression Tool and the Franchise Editor. Not to mention the ability to rebrand to your heart’s content as long as you have photoshop and patience to learn.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2021, 03:10 PM   #6
MVP

Look at the stupid things you can get up to with photoshop:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »