Home

Old 05-16-2019, 07:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Canes Patch

well this mod is different for sure i thought i was imagining the 6 million dollar man game play as i felt in slow mo lol but it is different for sure i think the only thing that really threw me off was when i went to go kick and the meter was so fast my eye balls fell out . keep up the good work
Old 05-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzleroybrown
well this mod is different for sure i thought i was imagining the 6 million dollar man game play as i felt in slow mo lol but it is different for sure i think the only thing that really threw me off was when i went to go kick and the meter was so fast my eye balls fell out . keep up the good work

Haha, yes, the kick meter is faster than default. It doesn't take too long to get used to, in my opinion. I was trying to find anyway to make the FG kicking in the game difficult, but we've tried multiple different things in the editor and it just seems impossible to make FG's accurately hard without lowering the slider which in turn makes the CPU unrealistically poor at kicking.

― Plato
Old 05-21-2019, 02:21 AM   #11
Rookie

Stupid question incoming but which file do i use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2019, 11:51 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by teremaster
Stupid question incoming but which file do i use?

It is installed like any other mod. Download both files, move them to your mod folder, and then apply the mod in Frosty.

― Plato
Old 06-07-2019, 02:46 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I'm not sure if anyone is using this mod, but I did recently do a minor update to get to v2.5. Since I've never really gone into detail what exactly was changed, I will try now to list as much as I can think of off the top of my head, but more or less there isn't really anything not tinkered with in Frosty.

Spoiler

The whole aim of this mod was to take away any bonuses the CPU or USER had. It was to put you and the CPU on equal footing in every aspect from reaction times in the rushing and passing attack to the time in the pocket, the size of holes in the rushing game, etc. I aimed to get everything happening in as realistic manner as I could while not killing any logic for the CPU. For example, going as tight as possible in coverage without introducing route mirroring and also not making it so tight the CPU refuses to ever throw the ball. Everything also still needed to be fun and viable while also remaining difficult to be consistent at unless you had a great team/player.

I did not try to make anything artificially hard just to get realistic results. Everything was tuned to look real, feel real, and behave real. While the game is much better in my mind, it isn't perfect. While I feel I struck a great balance at the line in getting smaller holes and also limiting insta-sheds to a more realistic amount, some of you may think it is still tuned inappropriately. That is fine. Like I said, I know I am posting this mod late, I know most are probably going to stick with Nectar or Sabo's Rebirth mod and that is fine. I don't see myself as competing with those two. They have each done great things and followed their own visions. My mod is simply there for those who want to try something new for whatever reason. I'm happy if even 1 other person on this board is using the patch and loving the way the game plays now. If not, oh well, I still enjoy it, so does my buddy in the CFM. It has made Madden more enjoyable for us.

The first post in the thread will have a link to the v2.5 download, but I'll put it under here as well. Just download the file, unzip it, then add the mod to your Frost Mod Manager like any other mod you'd download. If anyone wants me to upload the project file so they can look at the values then I'll gladly do it.

Download
Spoiler

― Plato
Old 06-08-2019, 05:51 PM   #14
Rookie

Hey so I've been testing this mod out, and one question. What is up with the user player speed? It feels really slow
Old 06-08-2019, 09:57 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethepugg
Hey so I've been testing this mod out, and one question. What is up with the user player speed? It feels really slow

Offensively, defensively, both?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2019, 03:06 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Give this a go. It should be all fixed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zw...b5_xyE6j10BiWq

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »